• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Leaning towards rolling Warrior, couple of questions

Irvin

When making talent builds, why does everyone take Tactical Mastery? I do not understand which abilities will I need to stance dance for? Taunt? Disarm?

Do you think this Prot build is capable of something? http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_1_805c502zd54250113500221251

My attempt at something for both PVP and PVE xD Probably a failure attempt.

Any tips on being warrior in general? I used to main a warrior back in vanilla, but I haven't even played retail for a long time.

Tactical Mastery is one of those utility talents you can't live without once you've had it. Especially for PvP. Warriors don't do threat with damage (except when they have Thunderfury and/or WF perhaps) so imp. overpower is useless (except for the PvP part), and you need to be in battle stance for that anyway. IIRC it also shares cd with revenge.

For tanking perspective you need to stance dance for berserker rage. You can also charge and keep the rage that way. You are more confident to use thunderclap. If you really want to use overpower, that is one more reason for TM. Same here I was warrior in vanilla, but have forgotten lots of things. So does mocking blow, challenging shout and hamstring work on defensive stance? If not, more reasons.

Last edited:
Mocking blow requires 10 rage and is battle stance. So u see some tank builds taking 2/5 for mocking blow on a stance dance. Swap back to def and can taunt a second mob. 4/5 is better, you can swap to beserk stance, you are at 20 rage, intercept a mob far away, 10 rage, swap to arms, mocking blow, swap to def and keep tanking. But you will drop to zero rage and your snap aggro is non-existant. So with 5/5, you finsh with 5 rage left to allow a revenge strike, or after 1 white hit a sunder armor.

Same with thunderclap during fights, need 4/5 but 5/5 is better.

For openings on a pull (trash and in 5 mans), start in beserk stance, bloodrage (improved), swap to arms asap to avoid rage loss, charge, thunderclap and demo shout for snap aoe aggro and max damage mitigation, swap def stance, should be able to disarm if applicaple / shield bash a caster (for better grouping) and start you aggro build on kill target.

On bosses that fear, you can swap to beserk, bloodrage and swap back not wasting any rage and cancel the need for fear ward, tremor totem.

Without TM, you would charge in, not have enough for rage to slow attack speed, so you are taking 10% more damage already. Demo shout can not be used due to needing to start to build primary target aggro, and now all the adds are going towards the healer. You still have to swap to def stance before too much damage happens and build aggro better, and now you have no rage, and a lot of threat generation to catch up on.

Tactical Mastery is one of those utility talents you can't live without once you've had it. Especially for PvP. Warriors don't do threat with damage (except when they have Thunderfury and/or WF perhaps) so imp. overpower is useless (except for the PvP part), and you need to be in battle stance for that anyway. IIRC it also shares cd with revenge.

For tanking perspective you need to stance dance for berserker rage. You can also charge and keep the rage that way. You are more confident to use thunderclap. If you really want to use overpower, that is one more reason for TM. Same here I was warrior in vanilla, but have forgotten lots of things. So does mocking blow, challenging shout and hamstring work on defensive stance? If not, more reasons.

Oh dear god what was I thinking, I had not read the talent properly.. I thought It was improved overpower, not improved revenge.. >_<

I had also forgotten what Mocking Blow was, if you or anyone could explain what that does?

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_1_805c5001z0055250113500221251

I pretty much just took out the 2 points from imp overpower to put into anger management and 5/5 in anticipation.

Also, pretty sure hamstring and challenging shout work in defensive stance, but just out of vague memory :p

Last edited:
Mocking blow requires 10 rage and is battle stance. So u see some tank builds taking 2/5 for mocking blow on a stance dance. Swap back to def and can taunt a second mob. 4/5 is better, you can swap to beserk stance, you are at 20 rage, intercept a mob far away, 10 rage, swap to arms, mocking blow, swap to def and keep tanking. But you will drop to zero rage and your snap aggro is non-existant. So with 5/5, you finsh with 5 rage left to allow a revenge strike, or after 1 white hit a sunder armor.

Same with thunderclap during fights, need 4/5 but 5/5 is better.

For openings on a pull (trash and in 5 mans), start in beserk stance, bloodrage (improved), swap to arms asap to avoid rage loss, charge, thunderclap and demo shout for snap aoe aggro and max damage mitigation, swap def stance, should be able to disarm if applicaple / shield bash a caster (for better grouping) and start you aggro build on kill target.

On bosses that fear, you can swap to beserk, bloodrage and swap back not wasting any rage and cancel the need for fear ward, tremor totem.

Without TM, you would charge in, not have enough for rage to slow attack speed, so you are taking 10% more damage already. Demo shout can not be used due to needing to start to build primary target aggro, and now all the adds are going towards the healer. You still have to swap to def stance before too much damage happens and build aggro better, and now you have no rage, and a lot of threat generation to catch up on.

That was very informative, thank you very much.

Oh dear god what was I thinking, I had not read the talent properly.. I thought It was improved overpower, not improved revenge.. >_<

I had also forgotten what Mocking Blow was, if you or anyone could explain what that does?

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_1_805c5001z0055250113500221251

I pretty much just took out the 2 points from imp overpower to put into anger management and 5/5 in anticipation.

Also, pretty sure hamstring and challenging shout work in defensive stance, but just out of vague memory :p

Mocking Blow, only usable in battle stance, makes a target attack you for 4 seconds but does not give threat. So basicly what you want to do is catch a runaway when ur taunt is on CD, get back in def stance and shieldbash asap.
Challenging shout works in def stance for sure aswell as in battle stance, pretty sure it works in zerker aswell but only 90% sure on that.
Hamstring is battle and zerker stance only.

cpstabber's post is very right about most things, only thing is he said bloodrage to negate fear when he meant berserker rage (typo prolly).
Also i'm wondering why he wants to be in zerker stance to pop improved bloodrage (could be that it gives more rage that way but forgot), also forgot if you could charge with bloodrage on or not in 1.12.1

Last edited:
Mocking Blow, only usable in battle stance, makes a target attack you for 4 seconds but does not give threat. So basicly what you want to do is catch a runaway when ur taunt is on CD, get back in def stance and shieldbash asap.
Challenging shout works in def stance for sure aswell as in battle stance, pretty sure it works in zerker aswell but only 90% sure on that.

cpstabber's post is very right about most things, only thing is he said bloodrage to negate fear when he meant berserker rage (typo prolly).
Also i'm wondering why he wants to be in zerker stance to pop improved bloodrage (could be that it gives more rage that way but forgot), also forgot if you could charge with bloodrage on or not in 1.12.1

Tyvm!

What stances is bloodrage usable in?

Top Bottom