• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkglobe317

It really is sickening just to see any kind of topics on the forums that have to do with changing the game mechanics. having any kind of idea to change any mechanic in the game to make something easier for you or more convenient is the same route blizzard went. They listened to the ideas of the 12 year old kids whining about something being too complicated (probably the same age of the people making those "change" topics here) and now look at how their game is today. It's dumbed down garbage. If you start accepting these "BG queuing changes" or "raidtuning changes" people are going to start asking for getting free teleports to zones with chat commands, and having vendors with all the gear in the game. and then eventually this will just be another shitty disected private server. You say this is blizzlike? then make it blizzlike. Leave the mechanics alone.

Last edited:
i think you are just new )

I'm just new? I'm sorry, am I missing something? Is Twinstar making this a funserver open to all these stupid ideas and customization to make things easier, or is it going to actually be "Blizzlike" like they said?

I suppose not even the private servers are immune to diminution, even on a so-called "Blizzlike" vanilla server I guess. :wacko:

Inform yourself first, then give opinion...
there is no "Informing" that needs to be done. All that matters is that people want to fix things that arent broken so it's more convenient for them. The fact of the matter is, nothing on this server should be changed unless it has to do with fixing a bug. NOTHING.

there is no "Informing" that needs to be done. All that matters is that people want to fix things that arent broken so it's more convenient for them. The fact of the matter is, nothing on this server should be changed unless it has to do with fixing a bug. NOTHING.

Doesn't matter what people wants to have fixed, the devs here on Kronos aren't stupid and will of course not implement everything that is being suggested on the forum. The server aims to be as blizzlike as possible.

I've simply stopped reading the posts I know is about quality of life changes on the server. Personally I don't really care, and I'm sure the devs will make the right decision. I'll just sit back, and wait till this lovely server launches, knowing that it's in good hands <3

Last edited:
You used the word 'blizzlike' twice in your argument.

Your argument is invalid.

i think you are just new )

Inform yourself first, then give opinion...

Excuse me, but why are you so rude? He just stated perfectly valid opinion and it has nothing to do with him being new or uninformed.

OP, you should know, that the game just can not be without modifications. You say "make it blizzlike" and "leave the mechanics alone", but what does that mean? Leaving them as they are coded in MaNGOS core? There are things there that are just wrong and have to be modified. The "blizzlike" term is very relative.

For example, you mentioned "raidtuning changes", but concerned this, the game is very different and very non-blizzlike in its default MaNGOS state. Gear is different, talents are different than they were at retail launch, when MC was raided. And it's not towards "dumb down the game", but the exact opposite. Read those topics. But this is more controversial, so let's just go to the other things you mentioned:

1) BG queuing commands - It was confirmed that there will be no such thing for 60lvl, but still, you can argue that it can be beneficial to the server in general and even to the blizzlike "feeling" to have such commands for lower lvls, to have full BGs even in considerably lower server population than it was on retail
2) free teleports, vendors with gear - Never going to happen, period. I'll eat a shoe if it does.
3) you didn't mention this, but - respec gold cost reduction - this is, in fact, one of the "non-blizzlike" changes that were confirmed to be implemented

And I know your reasoning. When you allow small change, it's slippery slope and you can end up with some very un-blizzlike things, because you already altered the game in some way. But don't worry, it's not going to happen here on Kronos. I believe Kronos' staff and I believe they won't be influenced by vocal minority in forums, but will focus on providing us the best vanilla WoW experience and work towards server's overall quality.

TL;DR:
Is Twinstar making this a funserver open to all these stupid ideas and customization to make things easier
NO.

Last edited:
We will never have Blizzlike population - that's the reason why they're trying to encourage PvP (make it more active, more Blizzlike) by lowering respec cost and (probably) adding BG queue commands for lvls 10-59, for people to have fun (having fun is Blizzlike) while levelling. Patch 1.12.1 can't be called Blizzlike when it comes to early raids - that's why they (probably) will make them little more challenging (challenge is Blizzlike). That's why your arguments are specious.

If you don't with this little features that will ruin Blizzard Gods Temple... There's still a big chance that they'll leave it alone indeed. I'm not sure that your opinion about it really deserves special topic, but you're free to create any thread you'd like ofc :)
Excuse me, but why are you so rude? He just stated perfectly valid opinion and it has
nothing to do with him being new or uninformed.

Yep, guys, let's make forums warmer :)

Last edited:
Excuse me, but why are you so rude? He just stated perfectly valid opinion and it has nothing to do with him being new or uninformed.

OP, you should know, that the game just can not be without modifications. You say "make it blizzlike" and "leave the mechanics alone", but what does that mean? Leaving them as they are coded in MaNGOS core? There are things there that are just wrong and have to be modified. The "blizzlike" term is very relative.

For example, you mentioned "raidtuning changes", but concerned this, the game is very different and very non-blizzlike in its default MaNGOS state. Gear is different, talents are different than they were at retail launch, when MC was raided. And it's not towards "dumb down the game", but the exact opposite. Read those topics. But this is more controversial, so let's just go to the other things you mentioned:

1) BG queuing commands - It was confirmed that there will be no such thing for 60lvl, but still, you can argue that it can be beneficial to the server in general and even to the blizzlike "feeling" to have such commands for lower lvls, to have full BGs even in considerably lower server population than it was on retail
2) free teleports, vendors with gear - Never going to happen, period. I'll eat a shoe if it does.
3) you didn't mention this, but - respec gold cost reduction - this is, in fact, one of the "non-blizzlike" changes that were confirmed to be implemented

And I know your reasoning. When you allow small change, it's slippery slope and you can end up with some very un-blizzlike things, because you already altered the game in some way. But don't worry, it's not going to happen here on Kronos. I believe Kronos' staff and I believe they won't be influenced by vocal minority in forums, but will focus on providing us the best vanilla WoW experience and work towards server's overall quality.

TL;DR:

NO.

Simply because real vanilla ended an age ago.
Lets leave alone the problem about bug , which can be fixed.

The main problem of any private is the population ,there will be never be 20k player as was common during vanilla.
So have some *costum* thing for replicate the vanilla feeling should be madatory for any chance to success.

Same goes for raidtuning, istance are 10 years old and can be facerolled with tatics and mod.

Screaming about *blizzlike* is just plain stupid , whiele have a blizzlike experience is total different.

TL;DR:
NO.

Your post said it all kudos to you.
The 2 suggestions that are being discussed are meant to make the game better, not easier. If they result in any changes it would surely not cause a snowball effect. I repeat they are discussions, where people share their opinions. The Kronos team takes the decisions.
OP registered here very recently and seems to be very excited, I embrace everyone to the community. But if you look at his posts you can't deny he makes a bad impression by swearing a lot and making his opinion look like a demand.

But hey no hard feelings it keeps it interesting for me and really makes my anger management classes pay off.

Last edited:

So no battlegrounds before max level is ideal?

So no battlegrounds before max level is ideal?

you can still do battlegrounds before max level, the only difference will be you will have to run all the way to the instance or queue at an npc in the city to get in the queue like youre supposed to. that entire hassle in itself is so much fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Your post said it all kudos to you.
The 2 suggestions that are being discussed are meant to make the game better, not easier. If they result in any changes it would surely not cause a snowball effect. I repeat they are discussions, where people share their opinions. The Kronos team takes the decisions.
OP registered here very recently and seems to be very excited, I embrace everyone to the community. But if you look at his posts you can't deny he makes a bad impression by swearing a lot and making his opinion look like a demand.

But hey no hard feelings it keeps it interesting for me and really makes my anger management classes pay off.

and making a custom queuing mechanic gets rid of the need for low levels to run there. that makes it easier.

Last edited:
you can still do battlegrounds before max level, the only difference will be you will have to run all the way to the instance or queue at an npc in the city to get in the queue like youre supposed to. that entire hassle in itself is so much fun.

Which will result in no one queuing, since no one does that pre60 in cities..

Which will result in no one queuing, since no one does that pre60 in cities..
completely untrue. giving them no other option than to run there will make someone run there and get in the queue if they want to do battlegrounds badly enough. and you can have so much fun doing that. Who cares if the lower level battlegrounds take long? its supposed to be like that. in vanilla most pvping before 60 was done in the questing zones themselves. you arent supposed to be worrying about bgs in vanilla at level 25 anyway.

Harder to queue for BGs before 60--- what does that mean? that means that people are more encouraged to go to redridge and attack lakeshire, more people are encouraged to take a boat to ratchet and attack crossroads.

Last edited:
Simply because real vanilla ended an age ago.
Lets leave alone the problem about bug , which can be fixed.

The main problem of any private is the population ,there will be never be 20k player as was common during vanilla.
So have some *costum* thing for replicate the vanilla feeling should be madatory for any chance to success.

Same goes for raidtuning, istance are 10 years old and can be facerolled with tatics and mod.

Screaming about *blizzlike* is just plain stupid , whiele have a blizzlike experience is total different.

i really hate people like you. youre a casual. and people like you are why challenging games are dying. people like you are why wow became shit in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom