• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

lets fucking goooo

k3.jpg

lol yea I'm hyped, but it's gonna be at least a 4 month wait for K3 :crying:

Gotta admit, I'm interested in playing on a fresh vanilla server. Something special about playing while knowing that everyone's on the same level.

Can't wait for the even more custom & fun server.

Part of the problem was communication. I wasn't around when Kronos first opened its doors, nor the time period leading up to it. I joined roughly a month later as a player, and a couple months after that as a GM. The lack of communication relates to both a slight difference in views of what the term "blizzlike" means. This term has no static definition, it means many things to many different people. To some it means exact "blizzlike" numbers whereas to others it means the same "feeling" you get from when you played back in retail. Naxx was a perfect example of where "blizzlike" definitions clashed and a prime example in my opinion of how communication breakdowns can skew things.

While some joke that "k1 & k2 were ptr for k3", this can be said by a lot of things in life. You learn by trial and error. You look back at what worked, what didn't and how to continuously improve. K1 & K2 were by no means a failure in any respect, but nothing is perfect and there are a lot of things that could have been improved upon in hindsight. You learn from your mistakes and take that knowledge moving forward with you in order to improve upon them.

At the start of Kronos, there was a solid dev team and a makeshift gm team. Since then, the teams have greatly improved and have improved a lot of areas where we as a project struggled at first. Communicating the ideology of the server and what it meant to us as a project was obviously something that lacked.

Moving forward, communication is going to be improved and we are going to be outlining the ideology & what to expect from Kronos 3. This way, players know what to expect. There are going to be changes from K1&K2 based on how we feel we can improve as a project. This info will be released as we get closer and closer to launch. Some are changes that are easy to make, some are going to be more difficult. As an example, there are many of us staff members who want to see the Character Auction and Cross Faction mounts abolished for K3. We know it's not "pay to win" but removing character auctions and even cross faction mounts would be overall beneficial for K3 (where the lowered donation money comes from is yet to be determined). But this is one thing that many of us want to see, but the final word falls outside of our staff's powers and remains with Twinstar.

Overall Kronos 3 should be a much more polished and organized project (whose bug fixes will also be transferred to Kronos).
With a stronger team and a stronger focus on communication as we move forward, to me there is a lot of positives to be focused on.

Don't get me wrong Davros, apart from only a few bugs and custom changes I find Kronos actually IS the most advanced [CR]adventure[/CR] Vanilla server in the universe (trust me, I've seen plenty of private vanilla servers). Actually some super duper ridiculous suggestions in a K3 suggestions topic here on the forums and on discord combinded with the awkward feeling that some of those changes could be realized if only enough people cry about it (the latter reason is what terrifies me most, see, for instance, the plaguebloom change: who gives a fuck if you have mongoose/mageblood up or not if bosses are not buffed? just normalize bosses and nobody would need plaguebloom that much that he would pay 100g or more fore a stack. but no, instead of decreasing boss & trash difficulty, herbs get changed due to complaints. WHAT?) made me type my prior post. Okay, let's be honest: Custom changes like level 45 for summoning locks or increased boss resistances suck balls, but they do not make this server bad either. Also the example of cross faction mounts you brought up could not bother me less. That's nothing game changing (while increased boss resistance is) and the character auctions you somehow need to sustain the server cost and back in the days of retail vanilla eBay was the place to sell/trade your account.
Basically I just want to express that I would welcome if you could please not bend the term "blizzlike" ad infinitum because otherwise it could be better to turn away from the term "blizzlike" and use another one instead.

For all the work you and your team does I can only say that your quality and efforts are steadily improving, especially very noticeable since the last few months before Naxx was released.

Last edited:
Inflation happens no matter what. Does these respect cost help battle inflation? no. But these are here to help incentivize pvp.
If a player wants to pvp and pve then it becomes too much of a penalty to do so. Also same goes for players who play with multiple specs depending on group factors. For instance, a priest who heals in raid may want to be shadow for dungeons or even pvp.
The 50g limit would significantly handicap the pvp community as a whole, which we believe is unfair. While I am sure some players are exception to the rules, many players would rather not be forced to make decisions of being solely a pvp or pve player.
We get far more positive feedback on this quality of life feature than negative.

Could the rate increase from 5g? possibly, we'll discuss it in a future meeting. But a balance needs to be had.

If you had 50g respec cap it would actually feel more like vanilla with people not respeccing 5 times a day. Imagine a raid half full with pvp specced players. Would that not bring more difficulty and a more authentic vanilla feeling? Yes, it would! But for some unknown reason the desires and wishes of some individuals who complain a lot on the forums for personal matters are prioritized over offering th e most authentic experience to everyone.

People have grown accustomed to the 5g respec on Kronos. Increasing would just piss most people off.

Respect cost at 5g makes pve easier because you can adapt to dungeon (frost/fire mage, tank or fury when tanks are not needed etc).
Respect cost at 5g is a huge factor in inflation it's way too low, you remove a way to sink money and in the same time you allow people to switch to a farming spec (hunter with improved FD for DM/N farm, mage, dagger rogue etc) and increase significantly the money creation => inflation.

And Pvp really? I am there from the beginning of Kronos, i was in a premade during summer 2015 and from there to today the average number of warsong available was 2. With a brief episode of 3-4 average before K2 opened and at k2 merge, really incentivize.

In retail i was pvping a lot and pveing in a top raiding guild, i just adapted my PVE spec (full surv as hunter or 0/31/20 when low on hunters for TSA). This is vanilla, switching spec freely is wotlk.

Why you want to know? i dont see the point.
I must be 2nd, 50g would be nothing currently to me.
I respec 5-7/week because the option is available and it increase my gold gain thus my point.

If I had to pay 50g for respec each time I wanna go into farm spec, it would significantly lower my gold per hour and I would have to adjust my farming times much more to raiding times.

Last edited:
If I had to pay 50g for respec each time I wanna go into farm spec, it would significantly lower my gold per hour and I would have to adjust my farming times much more to raiding times.

omg that sounds like so much fu-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Top Bottom