• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Lets talk stuns.

Hiltz

So, Common problem with a lot of Vanilla clients is that stuns where never really properly balanced in pvp, In Vanilla it was intirely possible for a rogue to Cheapshot -> Kidneyshot -> Gouge -> Restealth -> Sap wait for energy to regain until you can just rinse and repeat the process. Sense these stuns all have seperate diminishing returns, by the time you got to your sap, your cheapshots DR would be just about to reset.

Now not naming any names, but "others" have delt with it by simply giving rogue a hefty nerf to hit chance on stuns. Which seems to be more of a luck based component (that personaly im not really in favor of). Im just curious as to what the train of thought is with this issue. Thanks :)

So, I guess what im asking is, will rogues be changed to give some other classes a chance or are we keeping our stuns the way they orignally were.

Last edited:
Definitely keep their stuns to them. Most classes have something to counter the stun or an insignia.

Imho the most gimped class would be another rogue, and he needs only a second to leave stun, gouge and turn the tables in the same way.

And if you feel very uncomfortable about rogues, there is Living Action Potion ;)

Im not so worried about it myself, But it has seemed to cause enough of a fuss elswhere to have something done about it, I enjoy my rogue. Just curious to see what I might be getting myself into.

Well, like all abilities your stuns sure have a chance to "miss". The chance for this to happend will be correct and not highered though.

Rogues kind of suck in Battleground PvP except for CCing enemy druids, they're only OP in 1v1. And at no point in history WoW has been balanced for duels.

Was there ever a Hardcap? I always thought in vanilla that 5% hit was the pvp cap, unless the enemy was using something like evasion or had Iron Will or the Orc racial, it was a 100% chance to hit.

Was there ever a Hardcap? I always thought in vanilla that 5% hit was the pvp cap, unless the enemy was using something like evasion or had Iron Will or the Orc racial, it was a 100% chance to hit.
I think it was 5% melee 6% ranged but I wouldn't bet on it

Hit has a cap, yes.
I am not sure about this one, but might be that every player has a low chance to resist stuns.

Top Bottom