• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Level 19 Enhancement Twink

Caleb

Hello all,

First I would like to say I am really looking forward to playing on Kronos Vanilla with you guys.

While I am going to level an undead priest as my main, I am also looking forward to the twinking made possible with the xp lock. Because I want to try something different I was wondering whether an Enhancement Shaman was viable. General idea is to get as much strength and stamina as possible.

Gear:

Head: Green Tinted Goggles until Lucky Fishing Hat.
Neck: Scout's Medallion.
Shoulder: Talbar Mantle.
Back: Lizardscale Cloak until Sentry Cloak.
Chest: Blackened Defias Armor.
Hands: Bristlebark Gloves.
Wrist: Bristlebark Bindings.
Waist: Forest Leather Belt (if agility is important Deviate Scale Belt).
Legs: Leggings of the Fang.
Feet: Forest Leather Boots (if agility is important Feet of the Lynx).
Ring1: Seal of Sylvanas.
Ring2: Lavishly Jeweled Ring until Legionnaire's Band.
Trinket: Insignia of the Horde.
Weapon: Stinging Viper until Guillotine Axe.
Shield: Arctic Buckler until Redbeard Crest.

Spec:
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11226005_7_8q505zc

General fight setup: Drop searing and strength totem, lightning shield, purge, shocks and auto attack with rockbiter or flametounge imbue.

Love to have some feedback :)

Thanks!

i think yes,cause they and priests only was able to dispells :D

edit: But imho, the mace stinging viper is the best you can get to your shammy. Better than this axe.

Last edited:
Hmmm i have to agree that Stinging viper and guillotine axe have almost the same stats.

Though im playing an orc and the extra -1,25% to get dodged or parried is kinda nice, plus 3str and 3 agi beats 0.2 dps on a wep. stinging viper ofcourse is easier to get :p

Its all trivial ofc!

What I am more anxious to know is whether it is worth it so sacrifice stamina and strength for agility as an lvl 19 enhancement shammy.

you propably count with TBC orc racial, theres dodge reduce from it. Dodge and parry reduce is from expertise, and that comes with TBC :) Vanilla orc racial gives + skill, which just reduce glancing blow.
That + weapon skill will be usefull only, if you atacking someone 3 levels above you, or higher.
In addition, stinging viper is slower than than guillotine axe,so you will profit more from flametongue.

+skill also gives you additional hit and crit in vanilla.
+5 = 0.2 hit and crit.

+skill also reduces enemies chance to dodge, parry and block

PS: Decided to put my thoughts out. Why didn't you consider taking up other weapons? Shield does nothing vs. casters. But shamans can use a staff, so World drop for damage or WSG Staff for slightly more Stamina.
Rockbiter adds AP and Flametongue will deal more with a staff aswell. Then you switch to shield vs. melees.

And all these weapons are slow. On low levels, there will be no pushback immunity talents. Even if you have earth shock, it's on cooldown. So get a 1.6 dagger with flametongue and they won't cast !@#$ during your cooldown period. WSG dagger or World Drop.

Last edited:
People might have told you this already dozens of times, but due to the very poor talent and ability distribution in vanilla, this project might suck. It might be fun for you and then everything is good, but on the other hand you wont be able to compete with other lvl 19 twinks.

I assume most lvl 19 bracket pvp'er's will be twinks, because on a low population private server there wont be that many lvling characters who pvp, so you will compete mainly against hunters and rogues (main lvl 19 twink classes) and they will raope you.

However you might have a good shot at mages, priests and eventually druids, because of your earth shock and purge.

What you might wanna do is change your spec a little. Enhancement never sucked, no matter what people tell you, it was just misunderstood, it wasnt meant to be a melee only class. Go for spell power on your weapon, you might be kited and have to win fights without reaching an enemy, go for a good hp pool and a good mana pool or you will oom after 30 sec and be useless. Most important thing go for the fastest dagger available for oyur lvl bracket and enchant it with the +30 spell power and flametongue. (IDK if spell power stacks with the flametongue on this server though). What it will do is letting you allow to get multiple hits per second at people which will prevent them from getting any cast off you, in addition to your purge and earth shock interrupt it is "the most awesome thing". Trust me and try it. It is vanilla, you gotta think outside the box, get high armor, high hp, high mana, decent spell power and decent attack power.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally wouldnt let out on the shield, even with some leather items and a shield, you can get up to 40% melee absorb which is a must as shaman. You want to stand as long as possible!

Also, this green shield mentionned above from hillsbrad, I think the chain was available at lvl 19, cant confirm 100% though. The trick on anopther private server was to accept it, run in and pull mob, die but dont release and kill the mobs with your main character then. Although your twink is dead, it got the kills needed to complete the quest, but not the XP. That way you could get the quests and only the quest xp, but no mob xp. Cant confirm how it was blizzlike though.. since my private server sucks a lot... you know which one xD

Enhancement Shaman Twink @ 39.
Full Scarlett Monastery gear.
You'll pwn, trust me.

Shamans can't use mail prior to level 40.

Also, as previously mentioned, shaman twink for the 19-bracket isn't all that great.

Idk, I twinked a 19 horde troll shaman on nost (Gotshockx) and only had problems with priests/rogues (if I was ganked).

I'd argue that shamans at 19 are among the most powerful twinks tbh. The key is that you have to know how to play :)

In terms of gear:

Goggles
Pvp neck
Pvp cap/engineers cloak
Tree bark jacket/defias chest
Mind thrust bracers
4/4 leather eagle gloves/ gnoll casting gloves
Stonetalon belt (I forget name but it had int/Stam and AP)
5/5 eagle leather legs
4/4 eagle leather boots/quest boots with 7stam 2 str
Seal of sylvanas ring/pvp ring
Engineers trink/pvp trink.
Pvp dagger/bfd shield/ tree forest buckler

Basically, i would cast spells at melee until i was reached (if ever). At that ppint, you meleed/shocked everything melee down pretty much no problem (except rogues but I'll get to that).

Vs warrs: easy, just do the above description.

Vs. Mages: didn't see many, but they wernt a problem. Close gap, earth shock frost spells/ snare and melee down.

Vs warlocks: little more challenging but not hard. Basically cc the fear and play as if vs mage.

Pallys: easier than warrs. Not rly any discription vs them . If you can't kill a a pally I'm sorry :p

Druids: can range from easy to hard, depends on the druid. I usually come out on top. Long battle though. Basically the druid does little damage, but kites you all over the place and will promptly try to heal and repeat.

Hunter: this one is second to rogues in difficulty as you'd imagine. Basically, you chase after him. Earthbind totem placement is key here; practice it. You will need to get the max ticks out of the slow, so learn to drop it right on a moving target. You need Stam for this, as you will be taking hits. It gets easier once the hunter goes oom. The hard part of this match is balancong healimg/chasing. Keep fire shock on him at all times.

Vs rogue: okay so the deal is, you are kiting the rogue around the earthbind totem and shocking him down. Lightning orbs should always be on. If the rogue is smart, he will go after the totem. If he does, run and shock. Kepp distance until earthbind cd is over and repeat.

That is a very broad overview of class spread.

To conclude tho, I always felt safe and superior as a shaman twink.. they really are awesome. I'd suggest you dump the enh shaman twink gear tho; you will play similar to an enh, but youre gearing straight up like ele :)

Edit: Stam enchantments/hp library wherever possible. 30 spell damage to wep.

Priests: hardest fight: basically you needed to be top game to stand a chance vs priest(bfd wand is op)
Not much I could do vs priest, as their wand dps did more than melee, and they could heal thru ur damage (not to mention they outclassed ur mana pool. While possible, is was extremely hard for me to kill a priest (that had wand, if they didn't it's is a whole different story, but still lengthy if they're smart)

Last edited:
Top Bottom