• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior level?

Lharts

Authorized
fury or arms?

whats your preference?

For me its arms since you don't need to aquire 2 weapons and hit isn't much of a problem.
With imp. overpower arm gets even better pretty early in game.

There's a consensus between all the warriors I've ever known that arms is the way to go when leveling.

with my experience fury is faster. More rage gain, can serve as tank via leveling with some shield in bag, can tank elite quests = spot in group .
With twohand it take ages to kill mob, very frustrating when you are all the time out of rage,cause you crit very rarely. Hard to find dungeon group.

Arms is definitely better in early game (till 25-30) and also better, when you are killing higher level mobs.
But when you get Enrage talent in fury and berserker stance, and you kill Mobs of your level, then Furry is much better.

Basically it comes down to preference. Just get what you like.

I think the cookiecutter way is Arms till lvl 30 then furry to 60.

Well actually once you ding 40 arms would be my choice since you get 2 strong instants that can burst enemies really fast. Bloodthirst and 1hand WW don't ever deal as much damage. Also sweeping strikes works really well on 1-3 enemies at the same time.

Still, the issue with arms warrior is lack of rage. Yes, you will have 2 instants, but you will rarely have rage to use both at one time.
That's why fury is better for leveling - you have tons of rage and even with less damage, you can spam abilities.

Last couple warriors i leveled in 1.12, i had an easier time by using an awkward spec.

#1. Dual Weild at lvl20.
#2. Find a slow MH with the best DPS at your lvl. Find the fastest OH possible, preferably something like 1.40 or 1.50 speed (very important).
#3. Spec arms till you get improved overpower. Then aim for Impale. After then, dump your extra talents into Fury, get Piercing Howl to increase your survability against bad pulls, and get Enrage and Flurry to increase your Dps.
(Yes, i skipped both Mortal strike and Bloodthirst till very late levels)

With this setup, using a very fast offhand, i was getting better rage generation then with a slow 2hander (missing with a 2hander punishes you alot) and most importantly i was getting alot more Overpower procs (!), which was the main source of my damage.
I also only used berserker stance for zerker rage. Whirwind with this setup was a waste of rage. So i was in battle stance for most of the time to take less damage and spam that heroic strike+overpower macro.

That's about it.

Fast weapon for off hand is Fail btw....learn warrior :wacko:and dont flame

I was just sharing my experience when leveling a warrior in 1.12. People might, or not, try it out. It's up to them to pick whatever spec feels more fun to them.

Fast offhand is actually the best choice since you then benefit from unbridled wrath. PvP is a different story.
Keep in mind, it is easier to get 1 slow 2hander then 1 slow and 1 fast 1hander.
As arms you only need to replace 1 item every 10 levels instead of 2.

on ed i leveled a fury warrior. i always had a offhand which was fast and had good weapon dmg + stats. for main hand i always had something below 2,5 speed with good weapon dmg. taking to long to hit with 2,9 weapons. i mean even 2,5 speed for mainhand is a bit slow in my opinion. because there are so many abilities you can use to benefit yourself in a fight. i would also use the one and only crul for pvp, because i like it to be faster instead so slow.

hmm, and when u use Bloodthirst with fast off hand weapon ? is fast away:wink: but im troll, yes ok.

Well as arms you get 2 strong instants right at level 30 with Whirlwind. Additionally you can get your quest Axe which you could even use all the way up to 50 at that point.
10 more levels and you would get an even stronger instant with MS. Bloodthirst jsut never deals the same amount of damage.

And lets not forget tactical mastery which is one of the most important warrior talents.

Last edited:
You can spam bloodthirst two times more than mortal. Maybe more. You will not have enough rage for spaming mortal strike on cd. Arms profit from crit, and thats,what you dont have during leveling. So Arms is slow. Fury just do higher dmg.

Fury relies heavily on hit, which you also don't have at low levels.
Bloodthirst has a really low damage compared to mortal strike due to the lack of attack power.

The only advantage I see is higher white damage as fury where MS can burst down more then 1 enemy pretty quickly.

Oh yeah and don't forget charge -> hit -> 2 times slam

Last edited:
fury:
charge,bloodthirst,bloodthirst,exe >done
arms:
charge ,rend, nothing, nothing, nothing, (overpower if lucky), nothing, mortal,nothing, mortal or exe>done
or
charge ,nothing, nothing,mortal,nothing, nothing,(overpower if lucky, nothing,nothing, mortal or exe < done :D

wtf slam ? only talented..

All what i can say is, that i've been lvling war with both, arms and furry and what seemed better to me is laready writen above.
Arms Lacks rage a LOT. After charge and hit, you can use one Mortal and then you wait and hope, that you hit nexttime to have rage for anything else.
Fury just stand and nuke enemy down. With Berserker Rage, fury even doesn't know, what to do with rage :biggrin:

I too level many warriors to 60 already and always MS outperformed fury.
The things you describe are not true from my experience. If you miss a hit with MS ofc you have to wait longer to gain rage, but its not as bad as you make it sound.
Often charge + hit + MS takes 1/2 of the mobs HP.
Bloodthirst doesn't really deal ANY dmg at all with low AP. MS usually deals almost twice as much per hit.

And don't forget that anger management gives you 1 rage every 3 secs too. Deep wounds are also a pretty big part of your damage.

you prolly experienced from tbc, or later expansions. anger management doesnt work this way, as you sayin.. like the twohand leveling... just crazy

Top Bottom