• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior level?

Actually the stone form is a better choice for PvE. Besides dwarves have the highest base stamina.

On topic, what is also a good point for arms is the open PvP that you will certainly have while leveling. Rogues are really strong from 1-59 so its a real upside to be able to fight them efficiently with imp OP.

Its more the bleed, poison and desease immunity that I am talking about + the base HP.

yea, this armor buff add almost nothing to well geared tank. and poison removing is useless when you got druids behind your ass. Its just nothing compare to 1% dodge, and highest agility. Stoneform is more pvp buff...

Last edited:
There are poisons in this game that can only be dispelled by Stone Form. Especially in raid content.

hey sven. this time i will play a dwarf.....looks more like me now...i'm getting older and older ;)

Tried it out on the testrealm and I will definetly give fury a try. Lets see how that goes.

I found out whilst leveling a war many times, that 1hand with a Shield is your best friend until you get some good talents in either Fury or Arms, HS is your cookie cutter and OP is just sweet bonus, Get ur imp charge as your rage gen suffers from no hits and with only 1 hand with weapon you make your misschance marginable lower than using dualwield / slow 2 hander (rage gen mainly)
Fast offhand is a great idea, but it needs to deal dmg so it does generate some rage, in my exp I would keep it at Dagger rogue MH time as you won't need to think about getting rage GCD capped.
MH anything with 2.3 speed, and oh with 1.8 to ensure some Rage gen, Charge for 21? rage hit for 3-6 with MH -> HS or OP -> Repeat until dead -> Profit.

There seems to be a discussion of "Arms or Fury" in every server i've been to ^^

No need to theorycraft and post a wall of text :p, everything in arms tree-with the exception of Sweeping Strikes- wouldnt amount to the value of Enrage from fury tree.

Ive always levelled with Arms/Fury, straight line for 2h + axe spec (for whirlwind axe) then go for enrage via cruelty

I'm surprised no one else mentioned this but the first 5 points for every warrior I make always go into Anticipation in the prot tree, it makes a very noticeable difference in the health you have left after a fight right away. Nothing else makes such a dramatic improvement to your survivability as a warrior in WoW, even skills that help you kill faster don't help as much imo.

Though I do always tend get bored and respec to get flurry or mortal strike when I am a high enough level for them, I always regret it because I feel so weak until I put my Anticipation points back in.

Thanks to sivul for letting me know Anger Management gives rage I never knew that before now and so I've always ignored it as a skill.

And also thanks to Blackjack for the awkward spec I'm always a big fan of those so I might give yours a try this time. I still need my Anticipation points though.

I never have leveled a warrior outside of prot. But i am a masochist of a warrior!

Is the whirlwind sword viable with shaman buddy spamming windfury totem and sword spec?
or better just to go with the axe anyway, with overpower/2hfury talents

disregarding axe racial as well.

Do some math about it.
Lets use really basic numbers to make it easier.

Dual wield:
Mainhand = 1
Offhand = 0.5 * 1.25 = 0.625 (not sure here, but does not matter that much)

You lose 19% hit for dual wielding. Both weapons combined you got 1.625. Remove the missing 19% from each hand. 0.81 + 0.506 = 1.31.
Not really accurate math, but its get close.
Dual wield deals about 30% more dmg then wielding just one weapon. Not counting talents like unbridled wrath or enrage or w/e right now.

Def spec has 10% more dmg on one-handed weapons. That means you deal 110% dmg. With that dual wield is only 20% in front anymore.

Damage from fury surely is higher, but the good part about defense is that you get way less damage. Your downtimes are reduced by quite alot. Even if you can't manage to take a mob out in the same timespan you can safe this time somewhere else.

Haven't tried it yet, though I got several reports from old vanilla players who swear its the best (in their opinion) way to level a warrior.

Keep in mind you usually die if you aggro more then 1 mob on your level. With def spec you might be able to pull that off.

Do some math about it.
Lets use really basic numbers to make it easier.

Dual wield:
Mainhand = 1
Offhand = 0.5 * 1.25 = 0.625 (not sure here, but does not matter that much)

You lose 19% hit for dual wielding. Both weapons combined you got 1.625. Remove the missing 19% from each hand. 0.81 + 0.506 = 1.31.
Not really accurate math, but its get close.
Dual wield deals about 30% more dmg then wielding just one weapon. Not counting talents like unbridled wrath or enrage or w/e right now.

Def spec has 10% more dmg on one-handed weapons. That means you deal 110% dmg. With that dual wield is only 20% in front anymore.

Damage from fury surely is higher, but the good part about defense is that you get way less damage. Your downtimes are reduced by quite alot. Even if you can't manage to take a mob out in the same timespan you can safe this time somewhere else.

Haven't tried it yet, though I got several reports from old vanilla players who swear its the best (in their opinion) way to level a warrior.

Keep in mind you usually die if you aggro more then 1 mob on your level. With def spec you might be able to pull that off.

My main in vanilla was a prot warrior and I remember that I leveled as arms, but you made me really curious. I might actually try leveling a warrior on prot.

Top Bottom