• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin leveling as holy viable during xp boost?

wreckfish

Authorized
hi,

maybe some of you can give me a recommendation:

currently im specced retribution and i reached level 41 yesterday. the problem right now is i feel stuck. when i fight one mob of my lvl it takes ages and i nearly die.
im undergeared and dont have the gold to buy adequate gear. going back doing grey and green quests for gear feels wrong though - there has to be a better way, right?

to solve this i thought of switching to holy since with the xp boost i think it could be possible to level to 60 solely by running dungeons or grinding-pockethealing as holy.

what do you think – would this be viable? is a cold-turkey switch to holy even possible although i am fully ret geared now? would i be able to heal with ret gear for the first few dungeon runs until ive better gear?

thanks,
wreckfish

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't matter that much if you are holy or ret in low level healing; u just need int gear. Otherwise u will just go oom 2 fast. If you feel like it, you can lvl purely through dungeons, but I would only do dungeons when u have quests for them. Looking for a group and running there takes a lot of time.

+ at your lvl there actually are dungeons which u can run for gear. Armory / Cathedral / Razorfen Downs gives quite something.

You can't heal without gear with some intellect. Take into account that often now your group members are undergeared too. So you gear matters even more. No matter what you do, you need to get some gear.

Get fishing to 50 or so and fish oily blackmouth at the coast of westfall or darkshore. Those sell pretty good as they are needed for free action potions. And you don't have to invest too much time into that. I think a stack of those can sell for 6 gold. With the cold you can upgrade your core skills and buy some gear in the auction house.

thanks for your tipps, guess i need to farm gold for gear then.

but should not running dungeons even without quests now give enough xp to level up? id park my char in front of the dungeon and run it until the mobs turn green / then park in front the next dungeon and so on

Then you are parked there, but your group members aren't. It's just so unefficient to waste so much time especially with x7 xp.

And tbh I would just continue lvling, even if one mob takes a minute, you will get gear through quests at some point. Gather dungeon quests on the way (go to wow pro or smthn to look where they are) and run them, dungeon quests mostly give good item rewards too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom