• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Leveling rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zed

Authorized
Hi,
like Kronoez mentioned here a dedicated thread to discuss before the rates are fix.

Imho 3x rates are the best compromise for both sides. The type of players who like to enjoy every bit of the questing and instance zones. With 3x rates they won't need to skip to much quests before hitting 60 and doing instances before will give them enough reward to leave them satisfied and not to think about them as a waste of time considering xp/hr is it is on most highrate servers. Low instances are sadly dead on most 4x+ rate servers.

On the other hand you got the type of player who wants to be 60 asap. They won't be forced to change the questing zones after a bare handful of quest in each zone, what was definitely the most painful part of leveling in classic wow after release and still was at 1.12. Doing 3-5 quest on one end at the word and trevel 20 mins to do the same amount was really anoying.
When the leveling rates are to low you will distract a certain amount of players. Even when this server is way better then every other around they won't invest to much time in leveling again.

So this is what i posted earlier to this topic.

Feel free to discuss. :)

I simply disagree with
Imho 3x rates are the best compromise for both sides.
. As i mentioned in different thread.. It ruining the leveling. Like dungeons and good rewards from quests. Basicly, higher leveling rates are, shorter is time when you wear items dropped/rewarded . That means, if you drop something with ilvl 20 at lvl 20, you will wear it 2 days at 1x rates, 1 day at 2x rates.. and so on.. Almost nobody wanna spend time just for "chance" to drop something for him, when he is going to change it after few hours playing time...

If it's going to be that low, just go with 1x. Being 1x is an attractive feature. Being 3x is not going to attract casual endgamers like 10x would, and it's not going to attract people who prefer blizzlike either.

I like what Q -gaming did when they launched a long time ago. Give the player the option to choose between 1-5x

I'd prefer straight blizzlike=1x, without the option to raise it. When an option like that is available, most of the player use it, sooner or later. The last time around, that lead to having to abandon almost all of the elite/group quests while levelling. And besides questing, I ran 3 or 4 dungeons and could only wish for a battleground queue to pop out.
That makes for a sad, lonely and boring x1 levelling.

With that said, I'd prefer even more to have a server with high population and I will gladly let more experienced people decide what rates are best suited to achieve it. GL!

I would prefer 1-2x, so u can choose classic or a bit faster leveling :) 3 is too much i guess but... i am afraid, that low xp rates can lead to low pop.

The game is made for 1x rates so anything else would be unnatural and wierd choice. The thing is that Kronos must bring such great quality that will blow away all other classic wow servers (Feenix, TheRebirth and Valkyrie WoW). My advice is:"Don't be heisty :)" and watch out how CoreCraft made great hype and how they are doing many closed beta testings and after that fixes. Do not rush and try to polish the server as much as you can before the official release and try to advertise it through youtube videos fixes. Good luck :)

I see you guys are discussing this here.
Well for me there is no other option other than 1x rates.
I mean the whole reason for a vanilla server if its truly blizzile(wich is what you guys are doing here) to relive the old days.That includes running for quests and a long lvling phase.
Also im not sure why ppl would turn away from an 1x server.The way i see it,1x would draw a LOT of ppl instead.
You have no idea how badly ppl want to have a well scripted (this one looks way better than anything out there) steady,1x rate server.

I would prefer 1-2x, so u can choose classic or a bit faster leveling :) 3 is too much i guess but... i am afraid, that low xp rates can lead to low pop.

They will not. Look at bugged ED. All the time queues when you want log in. Compare it to other highrate servers of that project like Warsong is. I played there, i know what im talking about. . And if people like Nain comes from ED (yes i remember him ) be sure, much more will come from ED. Cause they starting to know about this project.

Edit: In addition, the optional rates are not solution too. As we all know, almost everyone will choose highest possible rates. Nobody want lvling in STV, when your guildmates runing BRS. ( Except Moradin ofc, hes affected by Downs syndrome )

Last edited:
1.6* (TBC rates).
At this pace you dont need to travel to all the zones and grind out the last part of your EP for each level, but still have enought reason to visit all the instances for EP, items or just to do them.

Something between 1-2 is fine for me, but like mentioned already make it static so everyone levels at the same speed.

NOTE:
Keep in mind there are 2 kinds of people:
1) Already played on several other vanilla servers and are fed up with leveling once again
2) Players who define blizzlike with 1* rates or "enjoy" leveling

For 1, which I also am, its just a minor part of the game anyways. Leveling was used to introduce the game. This is obsolete now since everyone knows what they want and how to do it.
You spend most of your gametime on the max level and activities like raiding and proper PvP are only available there.

For 2, leveling is not enjoyable for the majority of players. If you don't happen to have alot gametime or friends to help you constantly, leveling on 1* rates means you need a few weeks or even months to get to the max level. Noone can tell me that grinding it out on mobs to even get your next level is a fun activity.

Anyways, I am fine with the staffs decision, no matter what it might be, cause I simply want to play here. And if that means I have to go through 1* then thats how it is.

w/e the rates would it would be nice to not have optional 1-3 or so but a fixed rates for all, cos it will **** up the community someone will go 2x with his friends, one guild will go 3x, other guild 1x and so on

If the server admins really!!! want something other than 1x i could live with 1,6x or 1,5x rates but nothing more.Also very important to make it static so every1 is lvling the same way.I have to agree on that with you.
Is there a plan for some kind of Poll to decide this?

The initial wow leveling concept was to force players to visit all of the zones, even sent them there just so they could get a "hey nice run bro, cya later" and nothing more to do since you were still 3 lvls under the zone you were just sent to :smile:

Like I said before, I know what Kronos offers and that its simply the best server arround so I am fine with any decision wether it be 1* rates or slightly higher.

For reference

Hes mostly right, but some points are bullshit ofc.
Best about vanilla -> social aspect
- larger groups
- guild needed or you are fucked
- at least 9 other guys for competetive PvP
- act like a dick on groups and you are fucked
- and so on

Static or dynamic rates, I would definitely welcome the option of stopping levelling, or setting your xp rate to 0.

I prefer 1x-2x rates only with ingame xp rate function,but please dont allow us to change xp rate to 0, I REALLY HATE TWINKS!!!

Levelling a character yourself with a proper experience just makes the character more authentic, and makes people more invested, and that's how I feel. You make a lot of friends on your way to 60 that you'll keep as well, and the initial wave of levelling players will have fun competing with eachother to reach 60, and will feel pretty accomplished in the end.

The more I think about it the more I like 1* rates.
Only problem I see is the following. You finally reach 60 with your desired class just to find out that there is almost no spot for it in any group or guild.
If it takes you about 2 month to reach the highest level this can be a real issue.

The more I think about it the more I like 1* rates.
Only problem I see is the following. You finally reach 60 with your desired class just to find out that there is almost no spot for it in any group or guild.
If it takes you about 2 month to reach the highest level this can be a real issue.

If the population is mega low, then yep, i bet that might be an issue, but news about Kronos reached mine and others' ears recently, and I think it'll have an okay pop.

I would be totally fine with 1-2x rates, but my initial post was just the compromise for the two total different groups of players and how to attract them.

A buddy mentioned this to this topic, and in the long-term view the is totally right!!!

the only bad thing of high rates are that you have more twinks = more profession that you can make money (mooncloth arcanitbars and more)

Levelling a character yourself with a proper experience just makes the character more authentic, and makes people more invested, and that's how I feel. You make a lot of friends on your way to 60 that you'll keep as well, and the initial wave of levelling players will have fun competing with eachother to reach 60, and will feel pretty accomplished in the end.

Wow! I hope the GM's here can see your post.This is exactly how I feel.Well said!

If the population is mega low, then yep, i bet that might be an issue, but news about Kronos reached mine and others' ears recently, and I think it'll have an okay pop.

It definetly will :smile: Thats why I am fine with 1*. It just adds up imo. This server provides the closest to blizzard experience, why not stick to it in terms of leveling rates too.

Good FAQ btw.

Hi,
i fail to understand the 1x experience rate that was decided. We all know how bug-free and nicely scripted Kronos was and I thought (still think) the only issue with the old Kronos was the lack of population.
Choosing 1x xp rate will by default scare some players that have no interest in playing 2 months to reach level 60, after having done it a few years ago and have already leveled countless toons on other servers.
I know i cannot afford and have no interest to level at 1x rate and i have the feeling others will feel the same.
Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Its not that complicated, the admins reviewed the feedback from the users and decided towards the majority.
I agree that 1x rates are extreme but after all I think the server will profit by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom