• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Leveling rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
A compromise might be to boost the amount of rested state players get when they aren't logged into the game. This would allow people who don't have a lot of time to play a method of "catching up" faster w/o breaking it.

That would just animate the players to only play/level when they have rested xp, thus being logged out most of the time and decrease the online population even more. And population is going to be the biggest problem for the server since its 1x.

Last edited:
Just registered, first post. Played WoW from Vanilla to WotLK, currently playing on a private 1x server.

Have leveled alot of characters and imo it is still one of the most fun aspects of the game. Yeah vanilla exp is slow and can feel grindy at times but it brings alot of positive things with it( especially for a brand new server).

Other then a great economy, active low lvl dungeons and low lvl pvp it creates a great environment for getting to know people and setting you up for the endgame.

What I mean is, with very high exp gain you most probably will get to 60 mainly through solo play. Since there isn't much incentive for people to do lowbie dungeons and whatnot. So basically you will end up joining an endgame guild with a bunch of people you don't know.

With 1x exp however you will end up playing with lots of different people before you reach endgame. You can slowly add people to your friendlist as you are doing dungeons. After a while you will have a nice little list and running smoothly through dungeons/group quests while having alot of fun.

A guild might be created based on this little group or if you choose to instead join one you have alot of valuable information. Know what people are nice, which ones are douchebags etc.

One could ofc argue that you can get this experience at 60. I just don't think it works because the mindset at 60 isn't the same. It's more rushed and about getting gear then getting to know people.

Honestly I am only attracted to the 1x exp rate. Anything else personally does not appeal to me.

I saw on the FAQ that they were intending to have 1x rates, and I hope they stick to that, because I am not quite sure I would want to play on anything higher than that. :)

Honestly I am only attracted to the 1x exp rate. Anything else personally does not appeal to me.

I saw on the FAQ that they were intending to have 1x rates, and I hope they stick to that, because I am not quite sure I would want to play on anything higher than that. :)

If you really just want to play here because of 1* rates then you totally missed the point about Kronos and could aswell play on any shit server out there.
You should play here cause Kronos is simply the best 1.12.1 that you can get and for no other reason :)

Last edited:
keep the experience rate at 1x only, if it goes above 1x you cannot really call it vanilla anymore and it turns into a regular fun server. that is also 1 of the reasons "emerald dream" became so popular and still is since they kept the game 100% to the old rules rather than buffing xp, gold or reputation like random fun servers did.

you are aware that another server with high rates of the same project has a 3 times higher population and about a 5-7 times higher level 60 population? it has multiple bgs open at the same av weekdays and alot of world pvp all of what emerald dream lacks. the server is only "successful" because of the other server with high population it gets also from the higher leveling rates.

Last edited:
it's not really 99%. Some players prefer 1x and some do not, but those who don't would level in a few days and start farming "the more important" stuff, going DM/BRS... maybe even getting bored with that after a while and flaming guildmates to level quicker because they want to start raiding etc, etc, which would make all others abandon 1x rates and switch to highest possible to catch up.

Like I did on ED when I got to 60 and people fell back in the start, I boosted them, a level 60 can easy boost the 1-45 guys solo and at 50+ they can get other 50's to join and use the dmg from the 60.

I could only see increasing it slightly to speed up some of the more grindy levels of the game such as 34-39 and 46-50 where sometimes the zones just dont provide enought quests, Tho I almost think x2 is to much, if you wanted a sweet spot, id wager it would be in the 1.25-1.50 area, enough to push the leveling process along. But not so much that people are shooting to 60 in a few days, the leveling process should defently play part in the game, but I think that that slightly increased rait might make it more bareable as unlike back then, we know what we want with the game, and a overly tedious leveling process is likely not it.

I'm not sure what the algorithm was back in the day for rested Exp, but I believe it sat around the 1.30 area aswell, so think of about what im saying as having constant rested exp gain, apposed to regular.

Last edited:

same, i wouldnt consider it a true blizzlike server if they exceeded the standard 1x level rate considering the game was built up around that.

the only exception i could accept would be 2x only for 1 week after release in order to spread players out over more leveling zones rather than having people too concentrated in starting area killing everything too fast leaving people searching for kills. this would also serve as a minor server promotion.

keep the experience rate at 1x only, if it goes above 1x you cannot really call it vanilla anymore and it turns into a regular fun server. that is also 1 of the reasons "emerald dream" became so popular and still is since they kept the game 100% to the old rules rather than buffing xp, gold or reputation like random fun servers did.

okay okay, EVERTHING on ED is BUGGED and the server is as shit as you can imagine. You can dupe items, you can abuse bugs, you can bug bosses... should I continue?
You made your own argument invalid by saying "kept the game 100%" and "emerald dream" in 1 sentence.

@Hiltz I already suggested TBC leveling rates which are 1.6* EP. It would stil take you long to 60, but you will not need to grind it out on mobs for each zone.

Last edited:
@Hiltz I already suggested TBC leveling rates which are 1.6* EP. It would stil take you long to 60, but you will not need to grind it out on mobs for each zone.
That's really not bad idea, I think something around 1.6x XP might be good compromise and may be ideal for all sides.

Last edited:
I'm a Fan of 1x rates but 1.6x doesnt sound bad at all :) as long as gold and rep etc is 1x so we can still have vanilla experience in gold and rep farm aspects. For Example getting Winterspring Frostsaber wouldnt be as nearly satisfying if its over 1x :( well any reputation overall.

So again in short: XP to 1 or 1.6 and rest 1x :)

as long as xp rate is below 5x i guess i could accept it but xp, loot and rep should never exceed 1x

1x rate for me. I have leveled several toons in different private servers, and i can safely say 1x leveling rate is the better experience. Leveling wise and community wise. Population attracts population, rates don't. Proof is in the pudding with the various servers around.

Probably easier to make a poll? see the results much clearer

Whos talking about anything else then EP? Of course the reputation gain, drop rates and everything else would stay on 1*.
The whole discussion only goes about EP rates and nothing else.

X1 rate is aids, a lot of player will never level on them ,i prolly will level here even on x1 but usually i dodge x1 server like cancer

You see Indaco, according to
as long as xp rate is below 5x i guess i could accept it but xp, loot and rep should never exceed 1x
the seem to misunderstand what 1* means :)
They seem to believe that this would also mean increased reputation rate or more gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom