• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Leveling rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
in my opinion player base and pouplation should be things to afraid not experiance rates. What attracts people the most is population, not leveling rate. Personaly when i join new server with low leveling rates and see 200-300 ppl at peak time i just quit, because i know there will be nothing to do(low pop makes everything longer, finding a group for dungeon, pvp, etc) people nowdays are unpatient. Solution would be start with huge player base. How to reach it? This should be main goal for the server. Little solution for this is involves experiance rates, that's why i write on this topic. So to attract ppl, I think server should start with high leveling rate let's say 8? then it should go down by 1 every month so after 7 months it will be 1x rate. This thing will attract ppl at the begining, some ppl will want to level fast at good rates then later with low. On the other hand ppl on high level won't get bored since there will be more then a few players to play with.

Its not that complicated, the admins reviewed the feedback from the users and decided towards the majority.
I agree that 1x rates are extreme but after all I think the server will profit by this.

Majority of players that talk on this forum maybe, but the majority of overall players wont give this server a try with 1x rates im afraid, it takes weeks of /played, I know only a few people that actually enjoy leveling and they are definitely in the vast minority, i mean it can be looked up on the statistics of another project.

And even many of the hardcore players that want to level again wont start on a 1x Server if they think that the population isn't high enough to do anything later on except for maybe one open bg and some guilds that raid. Considering that this server has been shut down in the past before because of lack of population wont make this any better.

In my opinion population is by far more important than low level rates for a minority that enjoys leveling, no one wants to play on a dead server, even the most populated 1x server on the biggest classic project is by FAR too low populated to actually really make up a classic blizzlike feeling in the endgame, which is the goal of the HUGE majority of players.

Last edited:
On one hand 1* would be true blizzlike and along the line with the rest of the server.
On the other hand (like someone said before) alot players will refuse to level at this pace cause it takes almost forever.

I am not fond of leveling 1* at all, since my game time is pretty limited. Even though I know what I can expect from Kronos when I finally reach lvl 60. So its not much of a problem for me.
Would I prefer it faster? Yes of course. Would I avoid Kronos if EP rates were 1*, definetly not.

1* just makes for a better ecnonomy on the server were alts are a rare case. Higher rates will most likely grant you a larger audience.

NOTE:
Only a large proportion of US based players (why that is, I have no clue) define blizzlike solemnly by the leveling rates. The server can be the worst shit on earth as long as it it 1* they consider it blizzlike. And on the other hand they are fine with lower respec costs?
The stupidity behind this is beyond believe.
Everyone knows that the true game starts with the high level content and that also where you will spend most of your ingame time. I've said it before and I can only repeat it.

Level rates from 2005 are unnecessarily low to teach people their class and how to play in general. This is however no longer needed since this game is 8y old.
Game was good, gameplay was brilliant, though not everything about it was. As it happens, leveling was the worst part about this game.

PS: Yes, the 1* rate hardliners are usually the louder part of the community while still beeing the smaller one. I just support 1* for the sake of beeing 99% blizzlike.

In my opinion population is by far more important than low level rates for a minority that enjoys leveling, no one wants to play on a dead server, even the most populated 1x server on the biggest classic project is by FAR too low populated to actually really make up a classic blizzlike feeling in the endgame, which is the goal of the HUGE majority of players.

You're missing one of the most fundamental aspects of the private server ecosystem, which is that fast leveling rates have universally been used as the bandage to cover up other issues, such as poor scripting and horrible management. It's the ONLY reason that servers like Warsong even have a population.

If Kronos is as good as promised when it launches, then the leveling rate won't be an issue. Players will want to play here because everything is working as intended. That's the holy grail of Vanilla private servers that no one has been able to deliver yet. The Rebirth has come pretty close and at its peak boasted a healthy population. Its major downfall has been recent DDoS attacks, which stinks pretty rotten of a directed effort by Feenix to shut down its major competition.

Give players a well-scripted server and, frankly, leveling rates won't even matter.

You're missing one of the most fundamental aspects of the private server ecosystem, which is that fast leveling rates have universally been used as the bandage to cover up other issues, such as poor scripting and horrible management. It's the ONLY reason that servers like Warsong even have a population.

If Kronos is as good as promised when it launches, then the leveling rate won't be an issue. Players will want to play here because everything is working as intended. That's the holy grail of Vanilla private servers that no one has been able to deliver yet. The Rebirth has come pretty close and at its peak boasted a healthy population. Its major downfall has been recent DDoS attacks, which stinks pretty rotten of a directed effort by Feenix to shut down its major competition.

Give players a well-scripted server and, frankly, leveling rates won't even matter.
That would be the case in an ideal world, but there's been servers a lot better than feenix in the past that had population issues due to 1x rates. (Archaica)

That would be the case in an ideal world, but there's been servers a lot better than feenix in the past that had population issues due to 1x rates. (Archaica)

That's not necessarily true. Even the best servers haven't made claims to the level of scripting and working features as The Rebirth and Kronos.

It's actually really simple. If people want their 7x rates, they can have them, but they won't get to experience Vanilla quests/dungeons/raiding that actually work as intended. It's a trade off. They'll have to decide which is more important.

And further, I think asking for increased leveling rates is borderline insulting to the developers that are spending so much time and energy on the low-level content to make it as flawless as possible.

"I appreciate that you've gotten Shadowfang Keep working as it should, but I'd rather just do BWL. Thanks."

I mean, seriously?

Like someone else said, if you don't like 1x, go back to feenix and play at 12x.....

1x will stop people from rerolling constantly, learn their class, have gear that fits the level, professions(if they choose to), mounts, all skills(mostly).

And this 2 months to take 60.. if you guys now already "know" the content then it should not take 2 months, I work 50-60 hours per week, and it took me around 2½-3 weeks on ED to reach 60 with a priest.

That's not necessarily true. Even the best servers haven't made claims to the level of scripting and working features as The Rebirth and Kronos.

It's actually really simple. If people want their 7x rates, they can have them, but they won't get to experience Vanilla quests/dungeons/raiding that actually work as intended. It's a trade off. They'll have to decide which is more important.

And further, I think asking for increased leveling rates is borderline insulting to the developers that are spending so much time and energy on the low-level content to make it as flawless as possible.

"I appreciate that you've gotten Shadowfang Keep working as it should, but I'd rather just do BWL. Thanks."

I mean, seriously?

Keep calm and try a non emotional argumentation please.
The community that is playing on 1.12 is not 15 years on average anymore, they are grown up have a job or other commitments.
Me for example, as a student, I have maybe 1-2 hours time to play on weekdays and 3-4 hours on weekends at most. That means with an optimistic conception of getting to 60 in 12 days /played i need more than 4 months to accomplish that on 1x rates. Keep in mind that this is a very optimistic scenario excluding the days i wont play, vacation and so on.
And there are alot of people that can play alot less than i can cause they have to work etc.

Now tell me, do you think most people who need 4 or more month to get to level 60 will actually do this just cause they have scripted low level instances or things likewise (which is of course good)?
Especially if they dont know wether or not the server has a population that grants an classic engame feeling, and the server has been shut down in the past because that was not the case.
Or will they just leave for another server where they can get to 60 in a reasonable time that they know has a large community and persists for several years now?
I personally think the latter is far more likely.

Last edited:
Like someone else said, if you don't like 1x, go back to feenix and play at 12x.....

1x will stop people from rerolling constantly, learn their class, have gear that fits the level, professions(if they choose to), mounts, all skills(mostly).

And this 2 months to take 60.. if you guys now already "know" the content then it should not take 2 months, I work 50-60 hours per week, and it took me around 2½-3 weeks on ED to reach 60 with a priest.

This.

Pretty sure most people who don't play on feenix do so because the server is incredibly bad in endgame content and spells as well, not because of leveling rates.

1-4 from my point is a good solution .
Quality of kronos is excellent and guess it will attract pvpers even if rate is low (x4 )

x1 is very time consuming for everyone with a job/wife and other shiet like this.
And this cut out a great portion of playerbase.
It feel stupid let out from server who doesnt have time for grind mob,expecially when best part of game is at lv 60 and is need PEOPLE for enjoy it.

Last edited:
Pretty sure most people who don't play on feenix do so because the server is incredibly bad in endgame content and spells as well, not because of leveling rates.

What does endgame have to do with how I explained the leveling part?

@Kruto, archaica did not advertise at all. We also were just lucky that someone "told" us of it and were getting transfer. If not so, I wouldn't have played there since it was 1* rates.

Kronos is definetly worth playing on, no matter how the leveling rates are set. Thats simply a fact.
Also vanilla leveling rates are unnecessary low and force you into a punishing grind which, and noone can convince me otherwise, is not an enjoyable activity. For noone, Ever.

Of course it has a lot of benefits regarding economy, twinking, closer to the real game 8years ago and so on, but please don't tell me its that important when it come down to your ingame experience. Leveling is more likeply a part that you would like to forget completely (besides maybe a few situations).

A small example. You run a marathon and are more then happy to finish it. Once you are done you only remember the moments when you overtook an opponent. That what sticks out in your head. After a few weel you may even forget how you struggeled to get there.

TLDR every Post.

My Idea: allowing to have 1x-Xx rate and every account should start with 1x and those who are interested/looking for faster leveling can use .rate X.

In a meaning of: What you are searching, you will find.

TLDR every Post.

My Idea: allowing to have 1x-Xx rate and every account should start with 1x and those who are interested/looking for faster leveling can use .rate X.

In a meaning of: What you are searching, you will find.
With optional rates, 99% of people will be on the highest available value. I think that fixed rates for everyone is better.

On 1x rates, for me personaly, leveling to 60 takes more than half of year. I'm just slow, more than anyone. And...? It's okay for me. If there will be enough of players, it will be good and I'll happy.

So deal with it and enjoy the game. Big part of vanilla world is low lvl content, too.

With optional rates, 99% of people will be on the highest available value. I think that fixed rates for everyone is better.

On 1x rates, for me personaly, leveling to 60 takes more than half of year. I'm just slow, more than anyone. And...? It's okay for me. If there will be enough of players, it will be good and I'll happy.

So deal with it and enjoy the game. Big part of vanilla world is low lvl content, too.
So what you are saying is the following: 99% of people would prefer leveling at a higher rate but they should "deal with it" so you can enjoy yourself? That's not a particularly good argument.

I wanted to suggest another option, since I see here some ppl arguing about the rates, my idea (and this comes from a server I played on years ago and that is still alive and kicking due to this method) is to make specific dates during the month for the rates to be higher, depending on the season on simply the staff's choice, ex: The server stays 1x but from Feb 26 to Feb 28 rates go x2, x3, x4, etc... every month just for 2 or 3 days max the rates increase, then go back to 1x, whoever took advantage of those days, great, whoever didn't, better luck next time, it's a way to control the masses that still have an issue with how the rates should go.

This server needs a funny poll that many before missed to do also...
"are you going to play on 1x rates"

You want to have a good server with hardly any bugs?
1* rates is the price you pay for it as it seems.

Also vanilla leveling rates are unnecessary low and force you into a punishing grind which, and noone can convince me otherwise, is not an enjoyable activity. For noone, Ever.

Of course it has a lot of benefits regarding economy, twinking, closer to the real game 8years ago and so on, but please don't tell me its that important when it come down to your ingame experience. Leveling is more likely a part that you would like to forget completely (besides maybe a few situations).

You're more than welcome to your own opinion, but I would suggest that just because you think leveling isn't enjoyable doesn't mean that other people share your views. Personally, the journey to level 60 was a significant portion of Vanilla's fun factor for me, and I know I'm not alone. The low-level content (story, dungeons, etc.) in the original game is some of the best and most rewarding that any MMO has ever offered.

You're more than welcome to your own opinion, but I would suggest that just because you think leveling isn't enjoyable doesn't mean that other people share your views. Personally, the journey to level 60 was a significant portion of Vanilla's fun factor for me, and I know I'm not alone. The low-level content (story, dungeons, etc.) in the original game is some of the best and most rewarding that any MMO has ever offered.

thats correct but most private server players have already reached level 60 nearly 20 times. I think nobody plays wow anymore because of the leveling. The players want to have the old vanilla end content feeling.

For me its ok, because I know Kronos is it worth.

This is called nostalgia.
The game was huge, you were overwhelmed. Every zone had wonders for you to explore. It was amazing.
Was it amazing the second time? Yeah pretty much, cause you may have missed some really cool questline.
Was it amazing a third time? At least for me, no, it definetly wasn't.

When I was in school this was fun and all, now that I work full time, have a gf and other hobbies besides wow it will take me almost forever to reach the highest level.

I honestly disbelieve that the majority enjoys leveling 1*. Not saying they won't do it, I am saying "enjoy" doing it.

At least here I wont do a large questline just to find out the last quest that gives the actual reward does not work.

In my opinion, 1x rates at the start are fine, because there will be many other players that will help you with elite quests, dungeons, etc.. but later, when you want to join half a year after launch, the low level zones are empty and you are forced to level alone and beg high levels for help and that's not fun.

So what you are saying is the following: 99% of people would prefer leveling at a higher rate but they should "deal with it" so you can enjoy yourself? That's not a particularly good argument.
it's not really 99%. Some players prefer 1x and some do not, but those who don't would level in a few days and start farming "the more important" stuff, going DM/BRS... maybe even getting bored with that after a while and flaming guildmates to level quicker because they want to start raiding etc, etc, which would make all others abandon 1x rates and switch to highest possible to catch up.
It's still a competitive game and when you're killing the sixtieth pirate in Tanaris for those damn hats and a guildmate is flexing with a lucky first run epic drop from Rivendare it doesn't really make you feel like you are winning at all.

Not saying that 1x rates are the best. I, personally, like them, but I want for Kronos what the vast majority wants and I don't what that is. Just explaining what optional rates mean and how, in the end, they are not that optional after all.

In my opinion, 1x rates at the start are fine, because there will be many other players that will help you with elite quests, dungeons, etc.. but later, when you want to join half a year after launch, the low level zones are empty and you are forced to level alone and beg high levels for help and that's not fun.
+1
Very important point!

When you fall behind with 4x rates it's not that big of a deal... but the more you fall behind on 1x, the longer you have to endure the, for some people boring, cathing up process. And if you're one of those who need to kill a player or a boss every minute to enjoy this game, you may very well decide to ditch that level 42 rogue and go back to your level 60 char on your last server. We don't want that.

Last edited:
A compromise might be to boost the amount of rested state players get when they aren't logged into the game. This would allow people who don't have a lot of time to play a method of "catching up" faster w/o breaking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom