• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Horde LF Raiding Guild once I cap - vanilla experienced.

yatzi888

Hey guys,

I have just joined, currently levelling hard. Just making an appearance as I am extremely keen to start raiding when I cap. [Horde Side]

Here my experience from my 11 years playing the game.

Vanilla:
I started playing the game as soon as it came out and as it was for a lot of people, the start was very slow due to MMO inexperience . However, after faffing around for a good part of a year I joined a group of people in there quest to level new chars on a different realm and start raiding hardcore. The result, Molten Core, ZG , Ony, AQ 20, AQ 40, BWL down. This was an awesome period in my wow journey.
Char was, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Kumba/advanced... Unfortunately last time I logged off I was levelling/testing priests new spells so I'm not wearing the old skool gear. Benediction has to be my most loved piece of kit. Mainly because you can't get it any more and when was the last time you could obtain a piece of gear that changed model, running around on retail with it just feels epic. Furthermore my mainspec was healing and I plan to heal on the priest I am leveling here. Got to rekindle those nostalgia juices.

TBC:
The guild I was in throughout vanilla eventually grinded to a halt before TBC hit, many people ended up moving on from the game. So I embarked on my own quest to create a guild with real-life friends. The result of this was epic laughs and Kara, Gruul, SSC, Mag, TK, Hyjal and about 3 quarters of BT down. (I have to admit, the progress isn't recorded on the account I am using at the moment, long story short. I had a holy paladin on a seperate account, it was given to me by a Call of duty clan member because he hardly played. I leveled the holy pala up to cap level and used having two accounts to my advantage. However, unfortunately I had a good friend who made a living using Glider the botting software, and he offered to bot one of my alts for a day to get him from 65-70. I agreed because it seemed safe and karma got me. I got hit in the Mid-Summer banwave that apparently caught a vast amount of people, into the thousands. So this account is no more. I would love to show it off now, but shit happens. Sorry about that. You can disregard this section if you like due to not having any proof.

Wolk:
Friends were on and off, times had changed, people were doing other things. So being me and still loving the idea of raiding the new content. I decided to form my own 25 man hardcore guild. All content was killed aside from Lich king HC and maybe HC Sindra. We were one of the top guilds on the server at the time up until ice crown came along, to which we decided to go casual 10 man . Can never forget the grind through Ulduar for realm first Yoggy, that was slightly brutal.

Cata:
In regard to Cata I never really got into the raiding side, was very on and off and I didn't gain much experience from the beginning raids. I mostly pvp'd this expansion. I knew I could play well so I embarked on getting as many pvp achievements as I could, arena and RBG's. Turned out to be very tricky to find good players to play with when you have no achievements to prove yourself. However, I got what I looked to achieve from the beginning RBG rating of 1900 and Arena 3v3 rating of 2000. Near the end of the expansion I did re-startup the 10 man guild I had with my real-life mates, we did all the DS content and about half heroic. Have to say running an RBG group has to be one of the most painful experiences in the game lol. Although worth it considering I was one of few people with the 75 win RBG mount.

Mist:
Mist came around and my real-life friend guild embarked on MSV, got to the sixth boss and I had to stop playing. Work and getting my nursing qualifications got in the way, resulting in me having little time to raid. I quit for a little bit and eventually came back when ToT came out. At this point I wasn't really prepared to raid due to still having a lot of activities outside wow. So I played on and off, kept my gear relatively current to a LFR standard. Furthermore, here I am today. Sadly I haven't got any ToT normal experience. Although I picked up raiding again for SoO and cleared it all heroic.

WOD:
I haven't really played that much, cleared first raid hc and that's about it.

A little bit about me,

I am 26, live on an island called Jersey off the coast of France, however we are all English speaking and very much so nothing like the French. I work as an IT Analyst for a Lawyers Firm, live on the beach and canny wait for the sun to come out!

Any who, if you made it through that wall of text I applaud.

Just leave a message here if you would like to pick up a dedicated wow player who knows a lot about this expansion or have any questions you would like me to answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom