• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Line of Sight

Erhog

Hello,

I seen video with PvP fixes #1 and part with LoS check was wrong - outdoor objects like trees or warsong tree stomps and fence shouldn't block casting.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Line_of_sight?oldid=304289

Terrain (that is, dirt and trees) only block Line of Sight indoors. All dirt and most trees do NOT block spells or abilities when fighting outdoors.

Some whining topics:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6689860423
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3870837084
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/882446-Warsong-Gulch-Tree-stumps-great-line-of-sight-NOT

Videos:

[video=youtube;y8GGLXnaFGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8GGLXnaFGU[/video]

8:54 - hunter attacking through tree stomp, 9:28 - hunter attacking through fence

[video=youtube;j4tDfYcjZ_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4tDfYcjZ_w[/video]

5:04 - hunter attacking through tree stomp, 6:42 - hunter attacking through fence

[video=youtube;LPtg80s26iI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPtg80s26iI[/video]

2:25 - hunter attacking through tree

[video=youtube;GSW8TcZ9URc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSW8TcZ9URc[/video]

0:24, 0:37 - hunter attacking through fence

[video=youtube;bytAiTenKY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bytAiTenKY4[/video]

7:25 - Zachary polymorph through tree(also many other moments in this video and his others, but they are too long to count all of them, if some1 interested - can see themselfs)

I hope this will be helpfull to make blizzlike LoS check.

Last edited:
Personally i would prefer it our way, because it is logical and not that much of a problem imho.

Personally i would prefer it our way, because it is logical and not that much of a problem imho.

It's not TBC arena. Anyway on BG that kind of LoS makes huge boost to healers that can healing their teammates and being in safe spot in same time and for melee that can hide to go out of combat for charge or restealth for example and great disadvantage for hunters that already got troubles with 8-yards death zone and simply will be impossible to attack some1 who will run around game objects and spam instances fox example - it's not blizzlike balance in PvP and should be fixed imo

Imo this should depend on what the community wants. If the majority wants the LoS from tree -> keep it
if not -> fix it

I like it more this way. Like Longhorn says. It just makes sense.

It's not TBC arena. Anyway on BG that kind of LoS makes huge boost to healers that can healing their teammates and being in safe spot in same time and for melee that can hide to go out of combat for charge or restealth for example and great disadvantage for hunters that already got troubles with 8-yards death zone and simply will be impossible to attack some1 who will run around game objects and spam instances fox example - it's not blizzlike balance in PvP and should be fixed imo

In Vanilla, los is/was a huge part of not getting dotted or charged, etc, means the difference between life and death for a squishy class like a warlock or rogue, or even just escaping a zerg. multiple uses and +1 for implementing tree stump los.

It forces you to play smarter, or die.

Hola,

I'm not very PvP oriented player, however if I can choose between "Blizzlike LoS" and "Kronos LoS" I'll go for Kronos one.
As already mentioned it's more logical and will force you to play smarter. Also will save you lots of GY running ;)

I remember on vanilla I used to get into a crevice of that huge stump in the middle of WSG and just wreck people with chain lightning and they could never find me. I always wondered why it was like that, but I like what Kronos is doing with it.

I just woke up and in all honesty just scrolled through this thread fast.
If Im not mistaking, here on Kronos it will be impossible outside to shoot/cast through trees etc?
That would be awesome.

I remember being quite mad at the fact that you could just shoot through tree trunks and shit, I was like WTF Im behind this thing and he shoots right through it ????

So yeah if that wouldn't be possible, that'd be great...
Ranged already has an advantage if you ask me.

It's just like how it's should work. Question is - would kronos team build classic server or they will change game mechanics for their own view on balance.

About ranged advantages - hunter can't shoot in 8 yard range and haven't any instances to kill some1 who will just run over treestomp for example.

It's just like how it's should work. Question is - would kronos team build classic server or they will change game mechanics for their own view on balance.

About ranged advantages - hunter can't shoot in 8 yard range and haven't any instances to kill some1 who will just run over treestomp for example.

Tbh viper sting+pet can do wonder

Thats the brilliant part about privates.
If the community is fine with it a server can change machanics to the communities liking.
See Noggenfogger. It should not be possible to mount with skeletton buff, yet players on feenix were going nuts when they fixed it.
-> reverted to unblizzlike state and everyone was happy

Its no matter of right or wrong and more a matter of preference.

From my PoV it's better and logical to have LoS in Kronos state. Atleast hiding behind tree will help you save your ass from certain death or unwanted CC. It gives you more room to outplay enemy by interacting with environment. On the other hand there can be a place where it can be abused and i bet on it that there will be atleast one place where you can stand and casters won't be able to cast on you.

I bet that most of people against the more accurate pathfinding are guys playing PoM mages or similair stuff :D.

On other private servers theres the issues with bushes and trees providing line of sight cover. Sometimes you can stand right on-top of another player standing inside a bush, and your AoE will not affect him. Meanwhile his auto-attacks hits you without a problem.

Game should be blizzlike whenever possible imo. That's what old gamers are used to, and return for.

Last edited:
Well, bushes should not provide LoS block (and i'm sure, that they will not). What is the point of discussion is BG state of LoS. Should huge trees, 30yds wide and 15yds high block LoS? On blizzard servers they didn't.

To mele issue - In one of videos, there is showcased, that mele attacks are also limited by LoS, so if your AoE will not hit that target, that target can't hit you either.

And if i'm not mistaken, in open world, LoS works blizzlike.

On other private servers theres the issues with bushes and trees providing line of sight cover. Sometimes you can stand right on-top of another player standing inside a bush, and your AoE will not affect him. Meanwhile his auto-attacks hits you without a problem.

Game should be blizzlike whenever possible imo. That's what old gamers are used to, and return for.

Thats a valid point.

Im not sure how good the devs are but I can already see this happening (no disrespect)
And that would not be cool at all.

I'm rolling a ranged class, I know that much, and Im OK with certain 'obvious' things like trees and treetrunks, fences etc. blocking LoS. As long as it wont be all buggy.

On Kronos autoattacks are under the same LoS rules as casts. There is no advantage for anyone. If a target is out of LoS then its out of LoS.

its 2015, not 2005

kronos current los system is awesome
makes caster play not like deep ****** staying on the mid and casting spells in each target avaliable

at least after realizing that other_project has retarded blizzard los wich makes vanilla pvp idiоtic, we are waiting for kronos release x2 harder

don't change it for the love of the god

Last edited:
Bumping this cause LOS is retarted on this server, this is a serious issue in wsg.
Devs or players are not the ones to be judge regarding balance if they want a somewhat vanilla "blizzkike" experience.
This change is horrible and will just make wsg last 10hours.

Bumping this cause LOS is retarted on this server, this is a serious issue in wsg.
Devs or players are not the ones to be judge regarding balance if they want a somewhat vanilla "blizzkike" experience.

Must be a baddie :)

Must be a baddie :)

Sure explain me how you're gonna kill the Enemy flag carrier at his graveyard with let's say just one or two healers pillar hugging the stones. Not gonna happen.
WSG could already last for almost 1hour between premades on retail, here I don't know what it's gonna be.

I hope it will stay how it is , it just makes sense even if i will play hunter i accept it . I hope kronos team wont even think about scripting it down , thats how blizzard made game boring... listening to whiners... Rogue said damn we are easy to CC give us Shadowstep and cloak of shadows , and so on and look what we have now in retail.... Its misstake to count on whining people in forums , because happy guys that are enjoying game , usually are not wasting their time to argue against whiners... So big part allways agree with bad decisions , because bigger part doest even know about it..

- - - Updated - - -

Its just a game you dont have to rush anywhere , play and enjoy ... your problem if you use sentences like that in game " OMG 15min WSG , waste of time retards...' , i prefer people that says " Damn 1 hour WSG that was so freaking fun , sad we lost :D "

If you PvP for rank, WSGs longer than 10 minutes irritate you. My old guild used to farm was in 3 minutes and ABs in 5.

What's wrong with you guys?
This is not how it's supposed to be, or how it was in vanilla.

Wtf are you talking about? thats how blizzard made game boring? This is just a mangos stock bug and LOS is not how it was on vanilla.
We're here to play vanilla, not running around pillars like in later xpacs arenas.

BTW it's not just wsg, LOS in the world is not right aswell. You can't cast through trees etc. when you're supposed to be able to.

Yes, it is.. And many people like it, because it "makes more sence" than how it was back then. We discussed it a bit and most people on forums agree that it should be kept this way. I think, that if it will brink more problems, then devs will consider changing it.

Top Bottom