• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Line of Sight

Yes, it is.. And many people like it, because it "makes more sence" than how it was back then. We discussed it a bit and most people on forums agrre that it should be kept this way.

Lol
give me dungeon finder and double specs pls cause it's arguably better.
Kronos's gonna be a "fun" server then, I'm outta there.

Lol
give me dungeon finder and double specs pls cause it's arguably better.
Kronos's gonna be a "fun" server then, I'm outta there.
... smart head you got , how can you compare Los to dungeon finder?
Yea you should better go out of this server , no one will feel sad about that im sure :D

I was for changing the los to blizzlike until I remembered that I'd be eating viper stings 24/7 in mid, so now I'm fine with the trees blocking los.

I recently made a new toon on retail, disc priest. I can say that i got rekt in BGs by huntards all day long because of those damn ghost trees.

Logic must be a damn hot and willing, because everybody is f.cking it nowadays.

Thats like the 1 thing that private servers have better then retail wow. LoS on those retarded stumps in WSG.
Fun to play endgame PvP vs hunters and locks without it.
Ever wondered why people remember vanilla as unbalanced, but find its not that bad on privates? LoS is pretty much one of the reasons.

It was already stated several times that Twinstar/Kronos is approaching vanilla WoW in a rather pragmatic way with sense. They dont say:"It was there, there it must stay the same in our version". They see that these were design flaws like the ridiculous 50g respecc cost. They say: Blizzard made a mistake by implementing it and everybody hated it so we gonna do it differently. And i will play warrior, therefore I will like the tree LoS breaking. It was infuriating to see hunters shooting through 5meter wide treestumps in Stonetalon Mountain Venture Co place and I couldnt do shit against it. Now I can atleast kill their pet and then play pillarhumping with them till they get bored or into hamstring range.

I'd rather see it like it was in vanilla.

I'm a mage so I might be biased. When someone sees me coming they instantly find a treestump/rock/barrel or anything they can hide behind and just stay there. Kiting me around if I try to approach.

Hunters will juke me just running around and letting the pet do the work. Priests/locks will just dot and peak/hide to reapply dots/heal.

I felt like mages were the ones getting real shafted by this :p

Granted I'm not frost and lvl 60 yet. So all my novas get dispelled instantly. Still I feel this hit mages the hardest by far.

It's really awesome like this
All other private servers I've been it was a complete mess

Don't change what it's fine :)

this needs to stay.. as a ranged to moan about LOS is pretty cheesy.. you are already ranged you have first hits on melee's already! im lucky theres objects to LOS around as a warrior or i'd be dead many more times, as aieris says if you cant hit him he cant hit you either.. theres no disadvantage for ranged at all by this, why dont we all ask to shoot trough walls and stuff instead and make the rangeclass even more easy to play?
my oppinion is to NOT fix this as theres nothing to fix.. this should be the way stuff works, you cant walk trough a tree either so why should your attacks go trough them? fences are debatable, tree's aint..

It's pretty funny how it's the same people defending this outright unblizzlike behavior. People with profile pictures of warlocks and warriors. Yeah, totally unbiased opinions here.

Do you people know that you can bug this feature by hiding INSIDE world objects, becoming effectively immune to damage? Like the catapult on WSG. You can hide inside it and nobody will be able to hit you. You can just stand there and wait for your team with the flag. Blizzard made it this way to avoid exactly this kind of stuff.

"But kronos is fixing awful things about vanilla that everybody hated"
Yeah, no. I like that feature. Because it makes pvp less drawn out. It's not about "skill". It's about being annoying and ending the fight at an arbitrary point, while your enemy can't do anything about it. On battlegrounds, where timing is crucial, this can be game breaking.
Besides, why the double standards? Maybe kronos should make Ragnaros not fire immune, so fire mages and conflag warlocks can raid without respeccing. I mean, everybody hated school immunities, right? Or any other issue that "everybody" supposedly hated, when in fact it's just a vocal minority trying to push the developers into altering the game to favor their class.

Use logic - You can't cast through walls, because you can't see your target, why you should be able to cast through trees when you can't see your target?
About ragnaros - use logic - He is FIRE elemntal. It's logical that he is FIRE immune.

Edit: BTW, these LoS rules now applyes to everyone. You can use it to your advantage as anyone else.

Last edited:
Why should I care about "logic" in a video game where a humanoid cow can turn into a horned owl? Let's make healing spells hurt undead characters, that logical enough for you?
"Logic" is not an argument. We're discussing game mechanics here.

And yeah, I don't care if I can use an unblizzlike exploit aswell. I don't want to use it. I could hide inside a catapult in WSG all day with the flag. Doesn't make me any happier when somebody else does it.
Outdoor object LoS turns fights into a joke where both players are not doing anything and just simply avoiding each other until their cooldowns are up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom