• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

looking for a video explaining how little Blizzard understand vanilla fans

borislav

yo guys, i know the video has been pasted several times on this forum, but basically, i'm looking for the video where a guy at blizzcon asks if "previous patches" will ever be supported officially and a fucktard says something along the lines of "you don't want that."

it's for a person on irc that hasn't seen it, but i would also like to save it locally so thanks ^^

yo guys, i know the video has been pasted several times on this forum, but basically, i'm looking for the video where a guy at blizzcon asks if "previous patches" will ever be supported officially and a fucktard says something along the lines of "you don't want that."

it's for a person on irc that hasn't seen it, but i would also like to save it locally so thanks ^^

here you go sir!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dvwGcZlnI

start at @ 30.04

man!!! I would rly like to punch that douche in his stupid smurking face right now!!:mad2::mad2:
what an ****t!

here you go sir!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dvwGcZlnI

start at @ 30.04

man!!! I would rly like to punch that douche in his stupid smurking face right now!!:mad2::mad2:
what an ****t!

THANK YOU man, i really wanted this as a bookmark if nothing else. i swear, the official message for vanilla and kronos should have this message from blizzard. what pieces of shit, holy shit. makes my blood boil. just look at this faggots smug face. i'd better not continue here, but i'm sure i'm just voicing what everyone is thinking :bandana:

im done with blizzard. I don't think there is anything they can do to every buy anything from them... gone from the most epic company to one of the worst sellouts in all the industry, getting closer and closer to EA...

But yes lets just stop here.... :wacko: :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

"you press 1 button and get into the dungeon"

they should add another button so the AI can play for you. Or reduce the number of abilities and mechanics in the game so mentally handicapped can be successfull playing the game.

oh wait they already did that.

Last edited:
you guys get it. although this video was just to ask for a single favor, a video link. feel free to let the thread die. thank you centro for providing me with the link i needed. this thread isn't relevant :) just let it die guys, and thank you again

Problem is that most of guys who developed Warcraft I, II, III and vanilla World of Warcraft are gone from Blizzard.

These new dudes who replaced them are one of the reasons why retail WoW has turned into the shit.

Except Chris Metzen who still leads WoW and men around him, they just gone mad from money.

SO ignorant of them. At least aknowledge that a lot of people would love it and be real about how it is not profitable for blizzard or what ever their reasons for not doing it..

I don't know numbers, but Vanilla community is pretty small. About 6k - 8k people in my opinion. It's nothing in comparsion how many people play retail wow. Why blizz should bother to run server just for them? I think that providing old wow realms is job of p-servers. Blizzard just want to evolve their game and you can't blame them for that they think that releasing older versions will be just backward step.

Don't get me wrong, i realy like vanilla, but i just think that Retail WoW is still a good game.. Just no longer for us, who remember how it began.
It's somehow similar as love for old cars. You know that it's 60 years old piece of scrap and new cars are much better, but you still love it much more.

When I was young and got into WoW all I wanted was to play some game that I could sink a huge amount of time into, because I was tired of games that I'd spend a lot of time playing just to end up beating it and have all that time seem like it was wasted. (I was bored constantly because of school and just wanted something to help pass the time faster until I was done.) So when the ads for the first 10 day free trials of vanilla came out and I heard from my friend that it was a massive slow leveling game I gave it a try. I didn't really care about the online part I just liked the idea of the long grind. When I got more into it though the friendly online community became nearly my favorite thing about the game.

Blizzard just want to evolve their game and you can't blame them for that they think that releasing older versions will be just backward step.

I'm not going to argue that they should make an official vanilla server now, I think to a certain extent that ship has sailed. I want to argue that Blizzard has become totally short sighted in terms of keeping their business profitable into the distant future if they plan on making any more MMO's or keeping WoW profitable. I'd agree that it'd be a step backward the problem is that they are currently stepping towards the grave.

Everyone knows that retail WoW is mostly just young kids with too much free time playing now. While retail WoW has a knack for bring them in and making money off of them, what they seem to fail to realize is that they are working to make themselves obsolete. The main reasons those kids start to play the game in the first place are: 1. It's huge! You can play it for years and they'll still just come out with another expansion so you can keep playing even longer if you want. 2. Fantasy! You can choose to cast spells or swing a big axe. You can be a dwarf or even an orc. 3. It needs at least a small amount of lore/story. And that's about it. So, if kids who are just getting to that age could play an offline game that offered those three things but they didn't have to pay money every month they would choose that over WoW in a second, and so would many of those young kids who have been playing for a while and are already bored of it, and even more who were so antisocial that they never really felt comfortable playing an online game in the first place.

What I mean by saying that they are working to make themselves obsolete is that they are taking the great social aspect away from the game by making raids smaller and smaller and by making finding an instance as easy as pushing a button; And by pandering to antisocial young kids at every opportunity. Therefor, Blizzard is scaring away people who care about a good community in an MMO probably forever. So, if that offline game ever does come along they will have basically no loyal player base left, and WoW'll slowly dwindle; And unless they get into making offline games so will Blizzard probably.

Sorry to unleash this rant here, it's just a combination of wanting to do it anyway and seeing that smug ****t being so proud of such an easy, obvious and most of all stupid thing to implement.

I don't know numbers, but Vanilla community is pretty small. About 6k - 8k people in my opinion. It's nothing in comparsion how many people play retail wow. Why blizz should bother to run server just for them?

I completely agree with your reasoning here, and I don't fault Blizzard for seeing things that way when they're put on the spot with the question and mull it over for a few seconds for an answer. The thing that I think the people asking questions about old content are calling Blizzard out on is "Hey. A lot of gamers like the feeling of a challenge that the old game offered. And better lore / writing that was a part of the game's initial launch. What are you CURRENTLY offering players like us from your company?"

That number of dissatisfied playes is a honkin' HUGE number over a mere (but correctly estimated) 6-8k of folks just wanting Vanilla back. Blizz is dodging that question because it's set in stone that they've gone the corporate direction with their company in getting the most profit vs resources/time/investment spent. And it's easier to ridicule a sizable portion of their former player base than admit to the direction they've chosen.

His response to the question made me cringe.

"You don't want that. Now you can just press 1 button and run a dungeon." I cringed. Still cringing. Will cringe for a while.

Oh come on already, it's not that big of a deal. And he was kinda right anyway. WoW has millions of players and the vast majority wouldn't play vanilla for more than a few weeks.

Many people want a kleenex game, to make them grind for a little while and achieve everything. Then all the stuff becomes useless again in the next expansion. They even plan to bring an expansion every year.

I sold my vanilla account for 150€ once i heard there was gonna be an expansion.

Top Bottom