• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Low level instance boost allowed or not?

Bhoeste

Back in the Blizzard days I had 2 accounts. On my main account a tank where I raided with, and a second account for the alts.
What I love most about classic is alting/leveling experience and especially: gear them up well, to feel a bit more 'the hero' instead of feeling weak against the strong environmental mobs. So I often boosted my low level through DM, SFK, WC, RFK and Gnome, doing loot runs. After that pugged for the quests, just for the fun of it. (Love tanking, and would like to experience healing here as well)

Is that allowed here? Or does that fall under '2 chars in the world' restriction? (Would pain me if it did, since levelling a hybrid and gearing up, means rolling the dice for double roles which feels asocial to a group. As a pally healer in the dungeons I would also roll on retri gear for solo content for example. I would feel better being able to pass on all and just be of help)
Currently leveling a hunter and want to level a warrior tank after. And can make its life better atm with bags and some greenies, but still, nothing beats a few blues for a leveling warrior.

From the official Kronos rules:

Controlling multiple characters (multi-boxing): [Kronos III] It’s forbidden for a player to be logged into more than one character “out in the world” at any time. Players are allowed to be online with multiple characters in a major city.
Definitions:
“In the world” constitutes anywhere that is not a major city.
“Major city” constitutes only the major cities of each faction.

Examples of what is not permitted:
#1: Player X is playing multiple characters in the same location/different locations “in the world”.

Ah so disappointing, since it makes little sence and especially hard to wait for blizzard servers to relive my old classic experience. Great thanks for the answer tho, saves me a lot of future effort.

It makes a lot of sense on a private server, where you can create 10 accounts for free and run with 10 chars.

It does not make sense in Blizzard's P2P/P2W business model of course.

Ye can understand that from multiboxing perspective for sure. Don't like that either. Was so annoying seeing groups of 5 multiboxers running by.
My question was purely for dungeon boosting obtaining nice low level blue bop gear from instances, making solo content more fun for me. (In current retail for me the only fun thing is running old dungeons.. Dunno why) Or in this case gear up a pally for solo (retri equip) and healing (cloth int gear), so that I wouldn't roll on most drops. (Feels a-social)

But I guess even dungeon boosting can be unfair from a pvp server point of view (used on playing on pve), since it would allow twinking and making pvp fights in the world unfair. I dont like pvp tho, and I let myself be killed when ganked. (And I guess some people ask others for the boosting, still making the low dungeoning running possible.) The reason I was dissapointed is that I'm starting a new study besides work in februari, so waiting for blizz servers for that was painful.

Anyway, not my project and thus not my rules. No problem there. Already glad that there is an option to play vanilla still so :)

It is totaly fine if any other high lvl player will boost you in some dungeon. Only solo boost in dungeon from multiple windows is disallowed

Bummer. I have played on private servers that allowed multiboxing so long as you were manually controlling each character. I never saw anyone abusing it. (I've also played on ones that allowed a free-for-all and you'd see 5 mages acting in sync, demolishing guys with pyro in bg's.)

Top Bottom