• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mac bugs

dt7n

I've played on several other private servers and I and other mac users always had trouble with zeppelins/boats (being dumped into the ocean etc). Is this likely to be an issue with Kronos or has it been addressed previously? It's really frustrating and often a gamebreaker for me. I understand this may be a client issue but is there a way around this?

Please refrain from 'macs are shit' comments.

Thanks

I think, that IF boats are scripted properly, there should not be problems. Otherwise, you (or other MAC users) should cooperate with Dev team on finding the problem and solution.

I hate this bug as a mac user. It can increase travel times by quite a significant amount and even kill you in some cases (E.g. BB to Ratchet boat and dying of fatigue in the water).

Most players I know of who use mac just log out before laoding screen and log back in when the boat has certainly arrived at its destination.

Hobot, a tester, tried it recently and still fell of the boat.
Depending on where he stood he sometimes just ended up in a different place on the boat and didn't fall.
There are some suggestions to fix this client side on the internet. Altered mpq files or w/e.

I had a browse through google Lharts but can't really find anything of use. What's the best way to work with the devs on this?

I'm not a MAC user but I read some stuff.
- Apparently it happens because player loads earlier than the transport object, so you just fall through. Depending on the movement of the transport, you might just end up on a different part of the ship.
- Also it happens only on Vanilla, so it's probably a MAC client or vanilla client issue.

It was reported on mangos forums https://github.com/cmangos/issues/issues/198
and Project Silverpine apparently made a hackfix which helps https://github.com/ProjectSilverpine/server/commit/dfe8e0daff6192ae115d969e06c7d1a152cb283e

Lharts: can you send me the modified mpq link you were talking about?

Last edited:
Thanks Psojed. I'm not the most tech savvy person, how would I go about implementing this code so I can test it?

I don't have a link Psojed. Its just something I stumbled over long ago.

Thanks Psojed. I'm not the most tech savvy person, how would I go about implementing this code so I can test it?

You cannot implement it. This is server sided code, Chero has to implement it on Kronos.

Any official word on whether this will be fixed (or has been fixed)?

Last edited:
While you currently do not get dropped off of Boats, you still fall off of Zeppelins. We are aware of this issue and will most likely fix this before release.

Top Bottom