• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

MacOS Client

paldak

Hello, I would like to ask if you have Client for MacOS or only for Windows?

thanks for answer :)

Hello all , i have Macbook Big sur M1 chip and i am able to run apollo wow, all you gotta do is download "parallel desktop" machine from https://www.parallels.com/ it works with not lag or anything all you gotta do is give it 4 gb ram and you good to go.WhatsApp Image 2022-01-23 at 5.09.03 PM.jpeg
1 step. download parallel machine
2 step. download windows 11 and install it on the parallel
3. give it 4 gb ram casue cata wont take a lot.
4. then open browser from the virtual and download cata.
Note that you got 14 days trail to use parallel desktop after that you gotta pay. BUT.................. there is always solution.
AFTER your trial ends. all you have to do is close parallel , then command + space and open date&time put the date to when you started parallel or any days before it ended open parallel and it will work. Thats how i am doing it.
Here is the video on how to do it
If you have any Question message me here or Discord : Smizz#3939

Also no lag with parallel i do raids and dungeons and no lag or what so ever.

Good luck all.

check the post i wrote above
Hey,

thx for instructions! I know about Parallels, but I didn't know about this trial hack, that's useful.

Originally I was referring to Blizzard official support for macOS (that time Mac OS X) in Cataclysm. But I guess there is no free client adjust to be run on macOS..

Still Parallels solution is fine, thx a lot 😉

Hello, Parallels aside there is 64bit Cata client for Mac which works on M1 (I run it through terminal with "arch -x86_64 path_to_binary/") problem is it keeps disconnecting. I would appreciate if someone could check it if problem is limited to me or it just how this client works on apollo server.

this is link to mini client for Mac so it takes about 3minutes to download basic files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dWZtae7HxCBF3yowwdqxagmEXL5wtsih/view?usp=sharing

Any updates on this? has anyone been able to get the 64 bit Mac client to communicate with the server correctly? I'm using crossover but getting bugs and low frame rate, using the correct Mac .app I get 60 fps. it's a shame it doesn't stay connected.

I've tried multiple World of Warcraft-64.app's from various private servers and made sure all permissions were correct on the MacOS inside the app. still logs in, works and sees players and they move but nothing from my client.

Any updates on this? has anyone been able to get the 64 bit Mac client to communicate with the server correctly? I'm using crossover but getting bugs and low frame rate, using the correct Mac .app I get 60 fps. it's a shame it doesn't stay connected.

I've tried multiple World of Warcraft-64.app's from various private servers and made sure all permissions were correct on the MacOS inside the app. still logs in, works and sees players and they move but nothing from my client.

I have the same problem, official 64-bit macOS client connects but says 'Unknown' for every NPC and no interaction is possible. I tried a patched version posted by someone on this forum, but it just crashes as soon as I try to connect, it doesn't get to loading my character.
If you want to try that client, here is a link, but I didn't get any use out of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15pu4m6RG8FCXBQz3PGj14lXbB2JqIAXQ/view?usp=sharing

You will need to run xattr -cr $PATHNAME for it to launch, otherwise macOS will prevent you as it is 'damaged'.

For reference, here is the error I receive when I try to run it:
Exception Raised!

App: /Users/user/World of Warcraft Cataclysm 4.3.4/World of Warcraft-64.app
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Error Code: 0x85100086
Time: 2022-08-23 11.00.31 PDT

Error: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000022C
Crashed Thread: 0x00000103

Hello, I am new here, and trying to return to wow, playing just the vanilla was my dream. The mac client download link on the Kronos website says the file was deleted. Could anyone please gie a new link? Will be playing on an m1 mac.

Top Bottom