• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior macro for tank (switch stance -> run skill -> back to previous stance)

areczq

Authorized
Hi All,

I need a macro while playing in prot stance which will switch me to battle stance, run charge or thunder clap and again switch me back to defence stance.
There are a lot of topics with marcos to switch to battle/berserker stance and run some skill but that is it. I would like to have macro which will set me back to stance from which I started.

Thanks for help.

/cast [nostance:1]Battle Stance
/cast Charge
/cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance

2 clicks on the same button

try this

start def stance
1 click battle + charge
2 click def stance

Thank you for quick answer. Unfortunately it doesn't work
When I click on macro it says " Must be in Battle Stance"

Any ideas how to fix it?

Just try to play "right" and don't rely on macros for stuff like this.
Find good spots for Stances and according abilities, more control :)

I have bound my stances to the mouse wheel. Down is Battle Stance, click is Defensive Stance and up is Berserker Stance. It's super easy for me to quickly switch stances that way. Also similar abilities have the same keys. Like Taunt and Mocking Blow being bound to Z. That way I don't feel the need for any macros at all (with one exception). Changing a stance causes a global cooldown anyway giving you enough time to get the other action done when it is ready.

You just have to check whether you not already in the stance you want to activate as you could lose rage when doing that (can happen if you have bound stances to one of your action bars). For that I have created macros that only activate a stance if you are not already in it.

Battle Stance:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if not isActive then CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;

Defensive Stance:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2); if not isActive then CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance()"); end;

Berserker Stance:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if not isActive then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;

I zoom with the mouse wheel just by holding CTRL.

I find this approach better as you free up 3 very easy and fast to use keys. Before that I tried changing stances with double tap macros as well and didn't find it as smooth.

Last edited:
HI,

@frederik - I will gonna check your mechanic to see is it ok for me.
Thank you for answer.

Top Bottom