• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mage mage spell Blizzard

Sylvant

Sorry for the wrong section and ill start off topic to ask why am i unable to use my acc to report a bug on the bug tracker? It sais login with forum acc and thats what i do. Since i cant do that ill post here in hopes other players can test the bug and report it in the appropriate section.
As the title sais its about the mage spell Blizzard. After several tests with different ranks it appears the spell either does less ticks, or insufficient damage. With other words the combined damage of the spell is significantly less of whats written in the spell description, im not even measuring bonus spell damage. I tested multiple times to make sure mobs dont just leave the spell radius and its the same outcome each time

Did you test different mobs? Maybe some have frost resistance...

And please post your results so we can compare.

Rank spell used:
Mobs tested:
Expected damage:
Reported damage:

hi, i tested on various murlocs on the shores of dustwallow marsh and crocodiles in swamp of sorrows. While using my wand which is also frost, i noticed no partial resists, which makes me believe they are not resistant. Its also good to note those mobs are all green level to me and resists using other frost spells occurred very rarely. I used ranks 1 and 3 of blizzard. For rank 1 the supposed damage according tooltip is 208 and for rank 3- 544. What i get is 7 ticks of the spell, 26 damage each for rank 1 and 67 for rank 3, sometimes i get 6 ticks even. I was not able to produce 8 ticks. I believe the problem is 1 tick is lost, seems to be the one towards the end of the spell. The spell radius also seems to not work correct, but i havent really observed that well

im aware of that and ofc i made sure i dont get hit during the channel. Im using maxed talents for blizzard slow and radius, ice barrier and i tested multiple times to make sure no such thing happened

I used a lot of arcane missles. Also seemed to miss the last tick sometimes, leaving only four of them and, therefore, 80% of the supposed damage.

I support the idea of further verifying this.

Same for evocation. And: channeled spells are not affected by mind quickening gem.

I don't recall spell haste affecting channeled spells in Vanilla. They changed it in BC, Patch 2.1:

• Spell Haste: The amount of spell haste rating needed per percentage of haste has been increased substantially. However, spell haste will now affect channeled spells, increasing the rate of their effects and decreasing their total duration. The same amount of damage/healing per casting will occur, but will take less time.

Nice, thank you for that information! :)

But how about evocation? Sometimes you get three ticks, sometimes you get four. Isn't the mana tick every two seconds and shouldn't within the 8 seconds of evocation in any case be four mana ticks?
Examples: first tick at 0s (right when channeling begins), then 2s, 4s, 6s, 8s. = 5 ticks
First tick between 0 and 2s, e.g first tick at 1s, then 3s, 5s, 7s = 4 ticks
First tick at 2s, then 4s, 6s, 8s = 4 ticks.

I wonder how sometimes there can be only 3 ticks. Anybody got an idea about this problem?

But how about evocation? Sometimes you get three ticks, sometimes you get four. Isn't the mana tick every two seconds and shouldn't within the 8 seconds of evocation in any case be four mana ticks?
Examples: first tick at 0s (right when channeling begins), then 2s, 4s, 6s, 8s. = 5 ticks
First tick between 0 and 2s, e.g first tick at 1s, then 3s, 5s, 7s = 4 ticks
First tick at 2s, then 4s, 6s, 8s = 4 ticks.

I wonder how sometimes there can be only 3 ticks. Anybody got an idea about this problem?
Confirmed. This is also observed in my mage. Channel spells OFTEN do not have last tick! Tried all of them.

Very strange how this went so long unreported?! (Or not?)

Been playing a mage here for more than a year I have noticed blizzard sometimes skipping a tick but I think it has to do with latency instead of a bug. As for Evocation it is deffenetly not bugged, it increases the amount of mana u get from each regen tick for 8 seconds. If u get 3 ticks instead of 4 it's just because u did not time it correctly to be in synch with ur regen ticks.

^

Did you even read what I wrote about evocation in this thread? You should always get 4 ticks.

No, this is intended, and Blizzard made note of this and changed it in 2.2.

• Abilities that grant a power increases (such as Evocation) were changed to guarantee a consistent number of ticks of regeneration at the increased level. For Evocation, this means that as soon as the spell is cast, a single tick of mana regeneration will be awarded at the normal level, then exactly 2 seconds and every 2 seconds after, the 1500% of mana regeneration will be returned, guaranteeing a full 4 ticks of increased regen every time. Previously, with unfortunate timing, increased mana would be returned on only 3 ticks.

Thanks again for the enlightment, this thread is good :).

Well actually at least for evocation we would need some kind of regen tick counter (like rogue energy watch). Does anybody have an addon like this? It's most likely that dmg spells with ticks work with the same ticks.

Top Bottom