• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Make Maraudon and Sunken Temple lvl60 Dungeons!

yea it would kinda befun & nice to have Mount Hyjal open and working since its already in game x)
but that would take insane amount of work... and would make the server not rly blizz like anymore

...first lets see how the server launches etc. and go from there :=)

Last edited:
Just to mention, do you realise, that KZ is not in game client so if you want to add it, then you will have to extract it from later patches and then make an custom patch to add it into the game? And every player on the server will have to patch his client with this. It's not impossible, but it's hard to implement.

Man... I remember having plenty to do instance-wise at lvl 55-60 during retail Vanilla... and I also remember a void between ZF and, Scholo/Strat (B4 DM E was released anyway). The class quests in ST are one reason to keep it at the original lvl, but A couple of fantastic quest chains originate in Tanaris, take you to Feralis, Hinterlands, and end in ST. This affects a players choice to do the Hinterlands Jinth'alor content, and helps get peeps ready for Strat/Scholo/LBRS/back half BRD etc. It's also a continuous couple of pieces of lore. Being lvl 48-50 in ST is a FUN place to be. LOL guess I'm saying that it would degrade MY vanilla experience, and the change is not needed. No disrespect just a rant!

Since the topic of custom content came up, what the hell. Here's an idea or two.

There are numerous locations in old Vanilla WoW that have Instance doorways that are obvious entrances for dungeons, but were not implimented for time constraint or other reasons with the game release. We can find them in Azshara, Winterspring, Hinterlands, Tanaris, and other spots in different zones.

I'd be down with 1-3 brand new custom dungeon instances that take advantage of those openings that would serve a content purpose for the level 60 range. A quick example would be the huge double doors in Azshara that are guarded by the Timbermaw. http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:Timbermaw_Hold

All of us love max Timbermaw rep items and recipes, but none of us enjoy grinding on those furry bastards. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a lvl 60 dungeon instance that had quests related to it to help max that faction out a lot quicker, in addition to having a part in an overall theme with other custom "awakened" instances?

Just a thought. A big problem would be itemization as all the blue / epic items from instances are all accounted for. Honestly though, I'd be more interested in what the devs would create if given the freedom to do so over what the loot might be like.

Man... I remember having plenty to do instance-wise at lvl 55-60 during retail Vanilla... and I also remember a void between ZF and, Scholo/Strat (B4 DM E was released anyway). The class quests in ST are one reason to keep it at the original lvl, but A couple of fantastic quest chains originate in Tanaris, take you to Feralis, Hinterlands, and end in ST. This affects a players choice to do the Hinterlands Jinth'alor content, and helps get peeps ready for Strat/Scholo/LBRS/back half BRD etc. It's also a continuous couple of pieces of lore. Being lvl 48-50 in ST is a FUN place to be. LOL guess I'm saying that it would degrade MY vanilla experience, and the change is not needed. No disrespect just a rant!

First off, thanks for disagreeing with the suggestion, and not using "It's not 'blizzlike'."

Do you think that these two dungeons will need to fill any gap on a private server? Playing on ED, i did not see a use for those two dungeons, outside of the class quests in ST (which was mostly ran once, if not skipped, anyways). I believe that endgame is even more important on private servers, and thus leaves a lot of the leveling dungeons underused.

First off, thanks for disagreeing with the suggestion, and not using "It's not 'blizzlike'."

Do you think that these two dungeons will need to fill any gap on a private server? Playing on ED, i did not see a use for those two dungeons, outside of the class quests in ST (which was mostly ran once, if not skipped, anyways). I believe that endgame is even more important on private servers, and thus leaves a lot of the leveling dungeons underused.

The only thing that gave ST ANY charm was the fact that you only had to go there once for your class quest, which probably was the only way to wear rose tinted goggles for that place. I think it'd be torture to have to run it over and over for gear, plus some of the class quest gear kicked ass and I'm sure some people would be pissed to loose it.

Not sure what world (read, server) you came from but on retail I used to run ST and Mara all the time. Maraudon was just plain fun and rich with amazing gear and Sunken Temple was, for me, very entertaining.

Back in the day a lot people mentioned to me they hated it mostly because they didn't understand or know how to navigate inside it, some would even want to skip the entire lower level with the snake stones, ridiculous. But I'm guilty as charged as I always loved a good dungeon crawl since Neverwinter Nights and Dungeon Siege, so I'm biased.

You asked to that other forum'er (that understandably gave up on commenting further) what was the reason why he didn't agree with the idea (which he had already replied previously anyway), and you also say the questions should be "does this affect your vanilla experience?"

So here's where I'm at; Yes it does affect my Vanilla experience, because my original vanilla experience back in retail had ST and Mara set to those specific lower levels, and if I'm now jumping onto a server where suddenly they're both 60, of course it affects the experience, because it wasn't like that back then in the first place, it's changing that experience to something else (better or worse is a different debacle), so I would vote no without flinching.

And just as an addendum, I wouldn't even know where to start about how a logistical and developing nightmare that would be. I mean, the main dev for this has apparently over a thousand things to debug, a very small team trying to create this as bug-free as possible to make it similar to what it was, and we're seriously asking them to throw in 2 completely rebalanced, re-itemized, reprogrammed and bug-free (why not) dungeons?

Let's try and take it one step at a time, and see if we can actually get a bug-free, well scripted close resemblance to vanilla server before the year is over shall we? Priorities et all.

(+Bonus! - Didn't use the word Blizzlike)

Last edited:
I definitely see the point of Maraudon being a 40 something dungeon on retail. Endgame was not the only game. There were more low level players content at being low level. This is not true for the majority of players on a private server. Endgame is now the only game. With that being said, i am all for customization to boost the endgame experience for private server goers.

Using patch 1.12 exclusively already shows the developers forgoing the 'true' vanilla experience. Prior to this, talent trees and tier drops were not optimized for raiders, among other things. Patch 1.12.1 and patch 1.1.0 had two extremely different visions for the game, almost being two different expansions altogether. Clinging onto another artifact of the 'old vanilla wow' doesn't make sense in a 'new vanilla wow' model.

I also believe that tuning the mechanics of the fights is not that difficult. Use damage numbers from level 60ish bosses from level 60ish dungeons. Move loot drops around some to spread the level 60ish gear around (this one is the harder of the two tasks, imo).

The idea is to give the level 60s something to do. In the server's current state, Molten Core will undoubtedly be shat on in the first three-four weeks of the server's opening. The only things preventing its demise even sooner are leveling and aqual essences.

By the way, thanks for not using Blizzlike. It takes the discussion to a whole new level =).

Customizing dungeons will distract many players, including me, to join the server.
Maraudon is meant to be a nice grindfest on vanilla and it has got some nice 49twink BiS items, aswell as it is often runned on vanilla instances. ( As there are mara quest chains that lead you into the dungeons more often ) Like the scepter etc.
If this server wants to grant a vanilla experience, say NO to custom dungeons.

There is absolutley no reason to discuss further about this - that's my opinion.

Well, in my PoV, the only viable option could be making some kind of HC dungeon system (like it is on TBC). But first, we need blizzlike vanilla version fully working before thinking about modifications.

Also, i'm pretty sure, that nobody would run these dungs on 60 just because they are large areas on remote places, with lot of trash and few bosses.

Customizing dungeons will distract many players, including me, to join the server.
May i ask why?
Isn't that obvious? :) Many people doesn't trust anyone much. Blizzard are acknowledged professionals, Chero (is great but) is not. Every little thing can ruin people's confidence. Customizing dungeons is rather big thing, and it will undoubtedly scare a lot of players. Just because. Just because people are suspicious. Kronos is not a religion after all... Yet :D

I'm sorry for opposing your arguments with such a cheat. You may be right, you may suggest a better game for everyone... But Kronos definitely can't take such a risk.

Let us discuss this subject when Kronos will reach 3k online, ok? :)

Last edited:
Kronos doesn't need to be a pioneer in creating modified content, it needs to be the pioneer in creating a 1.12 server that works. So that people can enjoy fully working lowlvl quests and instances with a massive amount of other people. This way we can all finally relive the vanilla days where leveling was a genuine adventure.

Last edited:
Yeah, would be best to only worry about new/customized stuff when the server lifespan has run its course and player numbers start to waver.

To people who are suggesting, kara, hyjal etc etc to be added and transformed into 60 level content.

Its not going to happen, simply because the amount of work regarding item balance and boss nerfing is huge and it would never get done in a project like this.

To people who are suggesting, kara, hyjal etc etc to be added and transformed into 60 level content.

Its not going to happen, simply because the amount of work regarding item balance and boss nerfing is huge and it would never get done in a project like this.

You gotta admit finished/working hyjal would be awsome ;)

Top Bottom