• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

March Mega Post

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear community
As we get closer and closer to the release of Kronos III, we’re thrilled to let you in on what we’ve been working on.

Name Reservations and New Account Manager
Due to the sheer demand we’ve received from within the community, we’ve decided to make both character and guild name reservations available prior to the launch of Kronos III! Here are the basics of how it will work.
  • Reserving a character or guild name will bind it so that only the account associated with the reserve will ever be able to use that name (i.e. if you delete the character, the name will only ever be available to be created by your account).
  • Accounts are limited to 10 character name reservations, and 1 guild name reservation
  • Some names may be unavailable for reservation/use.
  • The Kronos administration reserve the right to prohibit certain names if deemed unacceptable or against Kronos rules.
As we will not have any form of store or auction with the launch of Kronos III, we will be relying on our community to help keep the project going now more than ever. To help with this, name reservations will be available as a thank you for donating. Character name reservations will require a €15 donation, and guild names €20. Again, keep in mind these names are bound to an account permanently, and cannot ever be freed or released.
To support the launch of Kronos III and the name reservation system, we will be launching our new account manager within the next 2-3 days! The new account manager promises stable, maintainable, scalable, and fast code. Some important things for you to know are:
  • The new account manager will only work for Kronos III (for now)
  • The old account manager will work for all Twinstar realms, including basic feature support for Kronos III
  • Players may create a new account on either account manager if they want to play on Kronos III
  • character and guild name reservations will only be possible through the new account manager.
You can expect the new account manager to become more robust as we continue development on it, and it will eventually replace the old account manager for all Twinstar realms.
Keep an eye on our Discord announcements over the next 2-3 days for more information as we get closer to the launch of this service, and how to access it once available.

GM Recruitment and Applications
With the growing hype surrounding the launch of Kronos III, we have once again re-opened GM applications in order to bring in a few more volunteers. While we have a great & devoted team, we’re keeping our eyes open for candidates who can help devote time to ensuring the success of both the launch and future of Kronos III. If you would like to volunteer your time to the community and have not yet filled out an application, you can email an application to [email protected].

Pathing System Overhaul
If you’ve been keeping tabs on our Discord, we’ve been looking for feedback from players testing our new and improved pathing system, which is currently available on our PTR. Our Devs have been putting a lot of time and effort into overhauling the old Kronos pathing, and we’re excited that the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. There are still a few fringe cases that our Devs are sorting out, but overall, players who have been putting in a lot of time testing the new system have been giving it great reviews.
We’d like to thank all the players who have already tested and provided feedback on the new pathing system, and invite everyone else to join. You can log in to our PTR and experience the difference for yourself!
Here’s a rundown of just some of the changes and improvements that have been implemented into our overhauled pathing system.
  • Player positioning and casting on transports has been greatly improved, you should no longer get messages like “out of range” and “bad facing”.
  • Implemented player position prediction for following and combat movement. Creatures will move toward a predicted point instead of the current player location if moving.
  • Greatly reduced chances of NPCs evading for no path found.
  • Fixed numerous holes where previous pathing was not possible at all (i.e. NPCs walking through slime in Naxxramas was not possible previously except direct connection).
  • Greatly improved transitioning from water to ground and vice versa also improved pathing in water.
  • Fixed a bunch of issues where NPCs could not walk on bridges and/or similar objects.
  • Improved pet follow positioning, the generated position should be safer than previously (i.e. preventing clipping below or above of the current player’s floor).
  • Improved ranged movement (NPCs which usually stand and cast) AI. It is now more responsive to various events (moving out of line of sight, etc…)
With all the improvements, players should expect a better experience and fewer issues (no more mobs stuck in objects!). This pathing will be live on the launch of Kronos III, and will also be live on Kronos.
We hope you’re as excited for the launch as we are. In our next update, we should have some more specific information on group XP and other topics as we get closer to the 31st.

Until then, safe travels.

Is there any way to see the list of reserved name we paid? I reserved 4 but all I can see is that they are not available anymore.

EDIT : It work now I can see my reservations. Thanks

Last edited:
Reserved myself 2 names so far so i am pretty much ready for the release :cool:

Some might think its a bit pricy but think about it...

Not only are you donating to keep the project going, it also prevents them from having cosmeticals & you get to reserve a name or guild name, you are going to play the game for a very very long time so having a decent name instead of something no one can remember or pronounce would be quite a waste on such a time investment.

Also to get a name on release not only requires RNG luck upon release login as even milliseconds count then but you would not be able to design the characters skin/hair & such either then as u would be in a rush for time before someone else takes it, however by reserving the name it will belong to you even before the name race begins.

Just a heads up it seems that with a group and solo testing the final boss of DMN ignores pathing and can run straight at you. I don't know if this is intentional but it'll make it harder for starting groups trying to run since the popular strat is to have DPS on the wall and if the tank dies to kite them up and down. I hope you guys aren't going the way of nostrilsius and scumlysium nad their "fix" for DMN

Just a heads up it seems that with a group and solo testing the final boss of DMN ignores pathing and can run straight at you. I don't know if this is intentional but it'll make it harder for starting groups trying to run since the popular strat is to have DPS on the wall and if the tank dies to kite them up and down. I hope you guys aren't going the way of nostrilsius and scumlysium nad their "fix" for DMN
Seems like Diremaul has lots of LOS issues with the new pathing. I'd suggest to report all what is seen deviate because its hard to find all the LOS issues in the world alone by the devs.

Seems like Diremaul has lots of LOS issues with the new pathing. I'd suggest to report all what is seen deviate because its hard to find all the LOS issues in the world alone by the devs.
I went to their discord and asked if I should report there and got no response. I'd like to report it

Top Bottom