• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Mark your calendars

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Community,

It's time to mark your calendars, as today we are excited to announce that Kronos III will be officially launched on Saturday, March 31st, 2018. The exact time of the launch will be shared when we are closer to the launch. Kronos III will be a PvP server, so prepare the battlefield for bloodshed.

As announced back in November, Kronos III is using the Kronos platform, ensuring an outstanding experience from the get-go. There are however two significant changes that we would like to highlight well in advance.

The first is that multiboxing will not be allowed on Kronos III. Players will be restricted to one character active "in the world" at any given time. This means no more alt-tabbing, no following, etc... Trading between two accounts in a major city will be allowed, but no other exceptions will be made to the rule. Players who share a network with someone should not worry about this impacting them, as we will use more than basic IP matching for identifying multiboxers. The rationale behind this improvement is that over the lifetime of Kronos, it became apparent that multiboxing even without 3rd party software was detrimental to the vanilla experience -- both in terms of community and economy -- due to accounts being free to create.

The second change we're implementing is that the group experience divider will be lowered which will result in increased XP gain while in groups. We want players to be able to work together, and more importantly meet new friends. While a solo player will still get more XP than in a group, we hope that this change will help encourage teamwork and comradery while leveling to 60.

Over the next 10 weeks, we will continue to provide you with updates on Kronos III and other changes, including a content timeline, core enhancements, technical details, and much more. We're excited about what's in store for 2018, and we hope you are too.

Safe travels, friends.

Woot! Was hoping for early March, but oh well. It's nice to finally have a date to plan around.

And now... /patience on

Excellent news! I am ecxcited!

Is it safe to assume that Kronos 3's timeline will play all the way out before "Kronos TBC" launches? Meaning...a summer 2019 release for Kronos TBC could be the earliest estimate?

Since multiboxing is disabled are there any plans to revert previous non-blizzlike changes that were added back in the day to throw an extra hurdle at multiboxers, like mob tagging for instance?

Consider getting XP from battlegrounds. Together with the .queue_from_anywhere commnad it can make leveling at 1x more tolerable.

SO is this going to be a standard "progressive" server or are you guys gonna try and do a actual vanilla style wow server in terms of talents and abilities and whatnot

SO is this going to be a standard "progressive" server or are you guys gonna try and do a actual vanilla style wow server in terms of talents and abilities and whatnot

Progressive talents are hard to recreate, since they would require a seperate wow client version for each patch and we only have the 1.12.1 version of it. What could be done would be nerfing some talents to patch x.y.z values from the server side and making announcements about it on the forums.

so, with kronos 3 will it always be level 60 cap? i'm new to the free shard world... don't want to start up if it's going to become level 70 a year down the road.

so, with kronos 3 will it always be level 60 cap? i'm new to the free shard world... don't want to start up if it's going to become level 70 a year down the road.
My understanding is that a Burning Crusade server, named "Kronos TBC", will be released at some time in the future, where anyone on Kronos 1 or 3 can elect to have their character copied over in order to experience TBC and journey to level 70. Your character will also remain on Kronos 1 or 3 permanently, and capped at level 60, should you not want to play TBC at all.

But this likely wouldn't happen until Kronos 3 reaches the end of its timeline, at which point official Blizzard classic servers will surely be out and most folks will probably jump ship (from any current private vanilla server).

Progressive talents are hard to recreate, since they would require a seperate wow client version for each patch and we only have the 1.12.1 version of it. What could be done would be nerfing some talents to patch x.y.z values from the server side and making announcements about it on the forums.
They made it sound like that which had me excited. I just hope though that their TBC server recreates the Dark portal opening event

so weaponskill fixed on this server yet? or you still get max benefit from 5 skill? pathing?

Is there going to be a .queue_from_anywhere command?
Why does it take so long to launch a fresh server when the code is already available?

I like what you guys are doing with the IP filtering and also group xp.

Why everyone worry so much...
and why everyone think ppl will stop playin private servers cause of retail...
rip cowboy wages never will pay to play in my life.
Private servers ftw since tbc

Why does it take so long to launch a fresh server when the code is already available?

If we wanted to, we could release next week. But we have some big things/improvements planned. These improvements will also come to K1, however, we need time to develop/implement/review etc... The wait will be well worth it imo. We're excited for what's to come, and will share it with you as well as we move closer to release :)

If we wanted to, we could release next week. But we have some big things/improvements planned. These improvements will also come to K1, however, we need time to develop/implement/review etc... The wait will be well worth it imo. We're excited for what's to come, and will share it with you as well as we move closer to release :)
Hope some of the improvements include some of the missing flavor text from shouts and the like.

HINT: Grimlock doesn't scream

Not sure about that, we're focusing on bigger fish atm ;)
Grimlock in Ulda is supposed to have yells you can hear if you're within range of them.

IIRC he's also misisng the aggro and death yells.. And I getya focus on the bigger stuff. jsut the small stuff helps with the world a bit

Top Bottom