• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Marketing to keep the server alive

lanevegame

Authorized
Deleting my thread wont change the situation, even though I understand the reasons why you would delete that thread.

Anyways would be nice to find a way to improve the current situation of the server. Maybe this?

Look I'm not here seeking for drama or anything, just delete this thread, it's all fine.

#KronosIsFine

When they announce the Kronos TBC release date, we have a chance to attract a lot of new players who come to prepare (unless they decide to follow a fresh-start suggestion).
Some marketing and good communication will be needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of those players may stay and give Vanilla a try too.

One could come up with some semi-crazy suggestion, to make Kronos a heavy-PvP custom server (indeed, reworked ranking, arenas, wPvP, while keeping it x1 for the sake of future TBC transfers), but it would require a lot of work with questionable gain.

Another idea is to permanently make the XP rates higher at some point (closing them transfers of course): old x1 server can only die slowly, while an x5-x100 server can attract decent amount of new players for years.

Other than that and voting suggestion, not much can be done I think. Although good communication is something they need to keep for the sake of the server's longevity.

P.S. But srsly, Kronos is kinda fine. I've just seen 750 players online Alli side, so it's like 1300-1400 peak online. Of course it's Naxx hype, but I'd say there's still a year or even more until the pop becomes unquestionably "low".

Last edited:
I think it is unquestionable that some time after Kronos TBC, the vanilla realm will reduce it's population. The best solution, in my opinion, is to restart the vanilla realm after the TBC release, with an interval of 2-3 months. The fresh vanilla realm would go progressive, just like Kronos, and it would attract a new generation of players.

The best solution, in my opinion, is to restart the vanilla realm after the TBC release, with an interval of 2-3 months. The fresh vanilla realm would go progressive, just like Kronos, and it would attract a new generation of players.
But what about the old Kronos, and the promise of continuation of Vanilla adventures? In my opinion, they should only launch a fresh Vanilla realm after the old one is very low-populated and has nothing much to lose.

At some point though, it's obviously a good idea. If Kronos 3 (or 5, or whatever) is the only fresh x1 server around, it has high chances to stay healthy all the way from MC to Naxx.
Some marketing and good communication will be needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what about the old Kronos, and the promise of continuation of Vanilla adventures? In my opinion, they should only launch a fresh Vanilla realm after the old one is very low-populated and has nothing much to lose.

At some point though, it's obviously a good idea. If Kronos 3 (or 5, or whatever) is the only fresh x1 server around, it has high chances to stay healthy all the way from MC to Naxx.

Ok, so maybe something like this: after reaching NAXX, a new vanilla progressive realm opens up. Current Kronos would still exist, but the new realm would merge with it sometime after it's progression is done. That way old characters would still be playable in vanilla environment, plus progressive fresh option available for new wave of players.

Ok, so maybe something like this: after reaching NAXX, a new vanilla progressive realm opens up. Current Kronos would still exist, but the new realm would merge with it sometime after it's progression is done. That way old characters would still be playable in vanilla environment, plus progressive fresh option available for new wave of players.

Nah

You misunderstood my point, let me stress
In my opinion, they should only launch a fresh Vanilla realm after the old one is very low-populated and has nothing much to lose.
I think this is the thread about keeping the old Kronos alive for some reasonable time, not about keeping the project alive. Kronos veterans would feel abandoned if the old Kronos is turned to a test realm for another server once again. And that another server would drain the old Kronos very quick.
At some point though, it's obviously a good idea.

No one cares about kronos anymore, K3 is the future.

))

This.

Naxx is coming, people (myself included) will at last see how naxx was at 60, farm it a bit and then game over. Some will move on to Kronos TBC, while others will search for a new fresh server. I hope Kronos releases K3 or something soon after TBC has been launched. There are many people looking for a new server right now, since Elysium is unplayable and Kronos is on its way to the last raid of the game.

I played on Kronos a few years ago.
Blizzard did all the marketing needed, Vanilla will eb bcak but no date.
So where will we go in the meantime?

Yesterday there were over 1,000 players online on alliance side alone - without those at level 1. Half of those were levelling. The idea that this server is dead is a myth with no basis in reality.

Servers doing pretty good. On a definite upswing since Naxx. Just wish they'd have left the K3 announcement a few months.

Top Bottom