• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Matchmaking BG System

Khrey

Authorized
So I was leveling my mage today and checked the low level battleground rewards and thought, daym! that would be neat to have.

Why don't we have any low level bgs up? Is it because of the insanly powerfull twinks
that stomps all the new/regular players and make them never queue again?

I mean you can even level by doing bgs on Kronos as the quest to turn in 3 marks is repeatable. The only problem is that NONE ever queues.

So maybe we can even things out by having the big boys fight the big boys (I have twinks myself and would much rather fight other twinks) and the regular players get to fight the regular players, everyone gets to have fun.

Also I gets to level alts by doing BGS which is the big dream!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/64786-battle-blizzard-on-the-public-test-realm/ <- like that

That is not going to happen.

I can safely assume that this is never going to happen on this server. I myself personally tried to organise battlegrounds (any type for any level range) for quite some time almost daily, and I also posted on the forums. I only stopped when I had reached level 51 and could myself queue for Alterac Valley.

There are two issues that, until removed, will prevent any low-level battlegrounds. Firstly, the community is not PvP-oriented: the majority of players do not go to battlegrounds to have fun; they either want awards or have nothing else to do. Lower levels are also PvE-oriented, which means that they would rather level up (quests, dungeons) and reach the aforementioned group instead of wasting their time on playing with other players.

The second problem is so-called 'twinks'. Considering the first group mostly prevents having enough players for battlegrounds, in case level 10-19 starts there are always 'twinks' who will scare random visitors.

I believe somebody has tried to organise 'twink'-only battles, but that won't help in general, and while those guys are not in a battle, they probably hunt unexpecting low-level players in the world and scare them from PvP.

To summarise:
  • There are enough players for PvP for any level range.
  • Those players are not interested in PvP.
  • In case pre-top PvP starts, it will probably be not healthy.
  • In an attempt to start healthy PvP, you will almost certainly have no support.

Top Bottom