• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Maybe this is importan for some of us... or not

costy

Authorized
We all know that is not possible to release a Wow server exactly the way Blizzard did so the developers have 2 options:
- release a full 1.12 server wit every dungeon/raid opened as it was on retail 1.12
or
- on a 1.12 basis release a progressive content. This is the path Twinstar has chosen to follow.
So the plan is to open sever with MC, Onyxia, Kazzak and Azuregos available. But my advice is that Chero &co should filter some other items, quests, etc.
So for anyone who has any opinion in this direction maybe you could link things that should not be available from start and maybe indicate when it was added.
-https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=18564 imo should drop only after BWL gets opened. Just because reasons.
-https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?quest=8573 and https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?quest=8574
because Blizzard introduced them with AQ
-Silithus Wind Stones bosses , added in patch 1.8
-https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?quest=9228 added later around 1.10 i think
-https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=20755 https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=20732 and https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=20733 all added in 1.8

I have no idea about these 2 following so i need your help here
-https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=12717 uber item that is BiS even in Naxx. Could not find a exact date when it was added, wowhead says 1.11 but i am not sure that is precise since wowhead shows incorrectly many things added in 1.11
-https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=22388 same as lionheart helm.
We all want a closer retail experience so imo doing this (even if it is a small thing) will bring us closer to our goal.

I've found links referencing Lionheart helm being available to warriors in 2005, titanic leggings were added in 1.10.

Should just keep them in game along with bindings available pre BWL. Seems like a nonissue.

The rest of the patch themed quest rewards are to be released on schedule.

Based on their content release schedule, and what I've seen from other vanilla servers, MC will be cleared within 2-3 weeks of the first full raid getting in there. If that's the case BWL will be released 3-4 weeks after guilds start raiding. I don't think there's much point in holding any gear back for those 2-3 weeks.

The same goes for content farther on. If the raids are scripted correctly then BWL will be fairly easy, even with only 2-3 weeks of MC gear.

AQ will probably be out before 2 months of raiding have finished. That's the road block. AQ is actually a hard instance and requires gear.

All of this is speculation based on raiding multiple vanilla private servers. I do agree with keeping DM out of the game at first, but any more than that is too much trouble, and I don't think will be a difference maker.

Releasing BWL 3-4 weeks after first raggy kill would be beyond stupid. Most people wouldnt even be 60 at that point. Unless Twinstar wants this realm to be "done" (aka KT dead) in less than 6 months they will wait more than 1 week between realm first kill and next content release.

Releasing BWL 3-4 weeks after first raggy kill would be beyond stupid. Most people wouldnt even be 60 at that point. Unless Twinstar wants this realm to be "done" (aka KT dead) in less than 6 months they will wait more than 1 week between realm first kill and next content release.

I totally agree with you. I think they should put some more time between each release. Hopefully more than 3 weeks even.

The site says things like "Release shortly after Ragnaros' Demise" which I assumed would be 1-2 weeks. I could totally be wrong, which I hope I am.

Twinstar isn't stupid. They realize the effect that releasing content TOO quickly will have. What's the purpose? There is none....why release more content when players are happy doing MC? It takes many months on average to gear a player full out in t1, so there's nothing to rush forward too...especially if the content is polished and finished. All they have to do is open it

No one wants to farm MC alone for weeks though. You don't need that much MC gear to be able to clear BWL and ZG.

BWL to AQ is a much bigger gap and does require a lot more gear, so I understand sitting on that for awhile, but it still needs to come out in a timely manner.

I believe azuregos and kazzak will be avilable at launch though?

This will keep the more hardcore guilds (hopefully more than 1) occupied with world bosses while the less hardcore once have time to farm and enjoy MC.
Having a release gap of at least 2-3 months is not out of place, especially considerng the time it takes most people to level.

as i say in another topic....Penix release before 2-3 year....and today(maybe im wrong) will release AQ and Naxx.....so.

I've found links referencing Lionheart helm being available to warriors in 2005, titanic leggings were added in 1.10.

Should just keep them in game along with bindings available pre BWL. Seems like a nonissue.

The rest of the patch themed quest rewards are to be released on schedule.

True. Also a lot of alchemy recipes were added for AQ progression. Agree with OP's post as well, AD and CH grind quests should not be enabled at the start.

Imho the Silithus quests and boss summons should be made available after BWL is fully cleared several times. That would also be a good point to enable the T0.5 questline, since it needs the summons from Silithus for 4th qline anyway, and most of the T0.5 gear will lose their "BiS" status when BWL content is fully on farm.

This server shouldn't cater to the bleeding edge raiding guilds, release the raid content slowly.

No one wants to farm MC alone for weeks though. You don't need that much MC gear to be able to clear BWL and ZG.

BWL to AQ is a much bigger gap and does require a lot more gear, so I understand sitting on that for awhile, but it still needs to come out in a timely manner.

People do want to farm MC alone for weeks though - You'll have to create a poll to figure out the exact % though.
So if 4 Weeks = 1 Month.
Say hypothetically they release BWL 1 Month after the first guild Kills Ragnaros.
We now have a situation where that guild will be farming BWL for a year + just waiting for AQ...

Why do you you think people want the top few raiding guilds to be miles and miles ahead of gear in the first 6 months of the server launched? I"m curious as to why you feel that way.

I see many less benefits to releasing content quickly. The content literally lays the foundation for the game as a general rule. And inevitable within 2 years of content releasing things within your pace everything will be cleared...But why shorten the journey? I see no reason what so ever. Some might have 'personal' reasons because they want to do a specific boss, fight X encouter, but Kronos doesn't care about that. It cares about itself. It cares about the longevity of the server and releasing content quickly even with 2-3 months of eachother is not a wise decision because of this.

Well, from our experience on K2, BWL was promised to us one month after Raggy kill, when it was already 2 months, 80% of the alliance left with words "Just another server with MC/ZG and nothing more". .. You will get bored of MC rly fast.

Well, from our experience on K2, BWL was promised to us one month after Raggy kill, when it was already 2 months, 80% of the alliance left with words "Just another server with MC/ZG and nothing more". .. You will get bored of MC rly fast.

What was the amount of time from to release to Rag Kill? & the population of server when that was declared?

I'm not saying that all of the content needs to be released in quick succession. What I was saying is that you can't expect people to be okay with farming the same content for a long time without knowing when new content will be released.

If they outline the time-frames then there shouldn't be any issues. They just need to make a decision and then stick to it.

I'm not saying that all of the content needs to be released in quick succession. What I was saying is that you can't expect people to be okay with farming the same content for a long time without knowing when new content will be released.

If they outline the time-frames then there shouldn't be any issues. They just need to make a decision and then stick to it.

Okay that makes sense. Yeah I'm in agreement with you then. I think they should do exactly that then; give us a timeline with specific dates that are outlined for the best of the server.

2 months from release.. about 200 in peak times

So then if they followed that outline: We would see BWL by April 1st. I'd rather not :(

Well this thread went into another direction but some good questions were asked. BWL was launched on july 12th and first raggy kill was on april 25th. But EU servers were launched at february 11th. On many EU servers BWL was available but Molten Core was far from farm status. The conditions were very different (talents, lower gear, etc) and that is the purpose of this thread.
We can't revamp talents to 1.3 state, we can't tune up Molten Core (like some thread suggests) because it is a bit more work and needs a fine balancing. But we can restrict at least some gear.
Btw the debuff limit was 8 at the beginning. We can't change that now. But removing some items it is so easy, a simple delete/rename in database and we got a lowcost/easy fix.
From my point of view if you wanna postpone the Molten Core "Blitzkrieg" then remove the items /quests that were added after BWL . I have no opinion on Dire Maul since it was released in patch 1.3 but i think the loot was upgraded after that.
And i think that releasing BWL after 2 maybe 3 months after Ragnaros is dead might be the right thing to do.
After server release you will need at least 3-4 weeks to get a little lvl 60 player base. After few days first MC trash farm raids will start. When you have 30-35 players you can start killing bosses in MC. Players will have better gear and they already have better skill that on retail times. So this is inevitable , MC will be cleared faster.
But then Kazzak and Ony will be targeted. And the adventure begins.

Well this thread went into another direction but some good questions were asked. BWL was launched on july 12th and first raggy kill was on april 25th. But EU servers were launched at february 11th. On many EU servers BWL was available but Molten Core was far from farm status. The conditions were very different (talents, lower gear, etc) and that is the purpose of this thread.
We can't revamp talents to 1.3 state, we can't tune up Molten Core (like some thread suggests) because it is a bit more work and needs a fine balancing. But we can restrict at least some gear.
Btw the debuff limit was 8 at the beginning. We can't change that now. But removing some items it is so easy, a simple delete/rename in database and we got a lowcost/easy fix.
From my point of view if you wanna postpone the Molten Core "Blitzkrieg" then remove the items /quests that were added after BWL . I have no opinion on Dire Maul since it was released in patch 1.3 but i think the loot was upgraded after that.
And i think that releasing BWL after 2 maybe 3 months after Ragnaros is dead might be the right thing to do.
After server release you will need at least 3-4 weeks to get a little lvl 60 player base. After few days first MC trash farm raids will start. When you have 30-35 players you can start killing bosses in MC. Players will have better gear and they already have better skill that on retail times. So this is inevitable , MC will be cleared faster.
But then Kazzak and Ony will be targeted. And the adventure begins.

Man im so hyped rjght now :)) Cant waait

I think they should just leave BWL alone for a bit and have MC/ZG/Ony out for release. Everyone whining "oh mc is so boring though". It takes you months to get decked out in gear (not saying it'll take months for people to be ready for BWL).

You release BWL, bwl is going to get boring. AQ? AQ gets boring. Same with naxx. It'll happen eventually, and the sooner naxx comes out and is farmed, the sooner the server dies because there isn't anything else to do. what is next? nothing. Just very few people running around in full naxx gear trying to make pvp videos of them owning fresh 60s that dont even have tier 0. (Warsong on feenix, anyone?)

Waiting is the best option

On the other hand, nearly every server makes it to state MC/ZG/Ony and then stops there. You need to show, that you can offer more. I think, that releasing BWL month after ragnaross death is absolutely fine, because MC is boring and you will have to return there over and over and it's good to have something that you can focus to progress.

I have been farming BWL for 3 months on K2 yet it still haven't been boring for me... MC was on my second raid.

Releasing ZG at the same time as MC would make a lot of MC obsolete. It should be released after BWL as it was on retail.

Top Bottom