• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Merge K1 and K2?

Merge K1 and K2?

• Total voters
I am not in the Kronos Team. I am forum moderator who locked double thread and replied to one comment, because in my opinion, 130 voters from whole server is nothing when you want to do such drastic change.
But that is only my opinion so do not take it seriously .)
how many ppl did you previously ask before you applied changes to kronos?

Ok so for Kronos staff to consider this matter we should have the whole population on K1 and K2 vote? Give me a break lol
To be honnest i think that statement from the moderator was quite alarming, this thread has been around for some time now and we are not getting a single word from Kronos staff except that message on the other thread wich just looked like a big troll.
Anyway lets wait a couple more weeks and i am pretty sure there will be more votes with the same ratio, wich is 71% for merge and 29% against it. Pretty obvious the majority of players want the merge to happen.

And as it has been said before we do NOT want the merge to happen right now.
It would indeed be unfair to the players on K2 to end up on the same server with people who had much more time to farm stuff.

1) Upgrade the server capacity of either K1 or K2
2) Release AQ40 on K2 now.
3) Wait 4 or 5 months.
4) Merge the servers.

That way there won't be a gap between the gear of K1 and K2 players.

On another side note, you might also want to consider to open your eyes and read the world chat on K1. Everyday there are people leveling to lvl 5 and then asking on world chat wich server is "better". And every single time they are gone after they are told that the population on K2 is bigger.
So fine, lets leave it that way, lets have 2 differents servers and having one dragging almost all the new players ! Thats an awesome idea !
I agree with you on Most points, but still if k2 would release aq now and we wait in the couple of months then still the gear, gold, items,honor Mats and so one will be a huge difference, since in the meantime k1 keeps farming raids, dungeons and all the above i mentioned.

I get your point, i really do.
I would not like it either if population keeps going down on the server i play.

However there must be some other solution.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PLK-L01 met Tapatalk

Thorinus, if you're struggling with reading out a few words, that's a problem on your part buddy :rolleyes2:.

the purpose of a poll is too look at it and see clear results on a given subject

not having to read through a wall of text and count votes because there are 5 different options yet completely irrevelant for both A and B

genius

I'm all up for merge if that makes 10-19 wsg pop ( ye ye ), because atm alliance can barely get enough people to pop it let alone make it challenging :> ( talking about last 3-4 wsgs ). Whole world will be more populated which of course makes some things harder, but atleast the "dead server" "only 50 people" crap stops. Ah and the mm in mmorpg = massive multiplayer = more wpvp, more instances, more raiding guilds(?). That's my opinion.

Current state of k1 pvp is really bad we only have WSG and if you queue you fight the Delthar premade. I pve to have better gear for pvp and since there is no pvp i have no reason to do dungeons. I dont really know what to do in game anymore im waiting on the merge announcement if it doesnt come then i wish you all the best.

how are there so many here in the forums from K1 when the pop on K2 is higher? :D

inbefore listening again to the loudest and killing half K2 server to boost K1 just with a few more people :D

players on k1 have been screaming for a merge since the release of aq40, I'm almost certain you have nothing to worry about.

I actually meant fierce, sorry rumble guys :p
Fierce died like 5 months ago but their members were still clinging onto the guild name. They hadn't even been raiding 40 mans as a guild since like April lol

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I feel like a merge would be best, but not until Kronos 2 has completed the AQ gates opening event. To do it before then would be robbing them of the opportunity to complete the sceptre quest and claim their bug mounts.

If anything, perhaps lowering the required materials K2 needs to complete the War Effort would be a good way to speed the event along a bit. Once the new Nostalrius comes up, I'm afraid we're going to lose a lot of players on both K1 and K2. To wait too long to merge the servers could cause us to lose even more players who otherwise might have stayed.

Most K2 players will leave for new Nost and then remaining players can have their chars moved to Kronos 1 for Naxxramas raiding.

pls just w8 with the merge, don't do it before that shit N server releases and we see how mutch it will hit K2.
as a k2 player i can say alot off ppl will stay! don't rob us of aq event and bug mounts just because k1 players want pop boost , pls don't.

A merge needs to happen before the new Nos project happens. Seriously get the war even going on k2 so we can merge in a month or 2. Waiting till after Nos comes will be a death sentence to this server.

It seems that all this merge idea comes mostly from PvP desires. Why don't you ask then for a simple cross realm battlegrounds and let K2 PvE oriented people to have their war effort and scepter quests in peace?
The gear difference won't really matter since both factions will have it and the difference is not really that big, and the whole thing can easily be undone if you don't like it, but merge cannot.

This is a good poll to get the general opinion on what people want. However I think if there were an official poll it should be binary; a yes-or-no vote for K2 to move to K1.

If you start complicating things and giving people a list of specific reasons they do/don't want to merge it will become more difficult for a decision to be made.

It seems that all this merge idea comes mostly from PvP desires. Why don't you ask then for a simple cross realm battlegrounds and let K2 PvE oriented people to have their war effort and scepter quests in peace?
The gear difference won't really matter since both factions will have it and the difference is not really that big, and the whole thing can easily be undone if you don't like it, but merge cannot.

It's not mostly pvp because a lot of raid guilds on k1 are breaking up due to legion or others, such as my own, are moving back to nost. It's even worse on horde side since alliance outnumber us incredibly according to the website homepage and we barely have any guilds to choose from as it is.

This is a good poll to get the general opinion on what people want. However I think if there were an official poll it should be binary; a yes-or-no vote for K2 to move to K1.

If you start complicating things and giving people a list of specific reasons they do/don't want to merge it will become more difficult for a decision to be made.

There is nothing complicated about this poll.
82,08% want the merge
17,92% don't want it.

Last edited:
So, hypothetically, if a merge were to happen, you'd rather completely erase nearly a year long of progress on K1 than fast forward K2 without making them lose anything? Thank you, this information is good to know for all K1 guild leaders.

Waking up to this, what a treat.
But it is Shandryn's opinion, which he emphasizes himself:

Personally I think the only way to actually 'merge' things is to pick the server with the higher population and offer the players on the lower population servers a free transfer - but where they lose their equipment/money/items. (This is just my opinion)

So, who is Shandryn? A random GM. The text is irrelevant.

And you, Shandryn, would be well advised to post on a different account. I presume you have written under your GM name to give weight to your point, as a person with some direct experience in interacting with both communities. You should grasp, though, that, at this point, any official-looking post will be taken into consideration by the plethora of players and guilds weighing whether they should move to Elysium or Crestfall, and that your words are always spread in-game without the "In my opinion" caveat. Tomorrow evening I will hear on TS or read in /world that "the devs' plan for a merger is to offer K1 players the option to transfer naked 60s to K2". By causing such gossip to flourish, you (GMs not involved in the decision-making process) will single-handedly cause some players to stop showing up for raids and some guild votes to go the wrong way.

So you would do us all a great favor if you'd shut up on this topic, in your official capacity as a GM, unless you are actually tasked to deliver an official announcement.

P.S. And to avoid speculation on whether we ourselves are now undergoing a vote on whether to transfer Synced, I will state now that it is not the case; we will do our best to continue on Kronos. Hopefully you will take the sort of decisions which will allow it.

Top Bottom