• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Merge K1 and K2?

Merge K1 and K2?

• Total voters
It is much more complicated than people think. Also, you're not going to get most players from K2 frequently going to this thread to vote because they're not seeking a merge to begin with, and they wouldn't come to vote on something they expect not to effect them.

If they merged K2 into K1 content, many people would quit. Most people I've spoken to about this said they don't want it. I am most frequently on K2. The same would happen of they merged K1 into K2 content.

Some of you are mistaking K1 players wanting more players on K1 as majority wanting a merge.

Personally I think the only way to actually 'merge' things is to pick the server with the higher population and offer the players on the lower population servers a free transfer - but where they lose their equipment/money/items. (This is just my opinion)

Allow me to edit your opinion. What you meant was, you guys don't want a merge to happen because you know the server wouldn't be able to handle it because it can't handle the 400 people it has right now.

And changing hosts to improve server lag(you guys haven't been DDOS'd in months) is out of the question because you guys own your hardware and would have to PHYSICALLY move it from the data center it's currently at that would take a MINIMUM of 2 weeks of down time and if shit goes bad with the new host that adds more downtime and we all know that's the equivalent of pulling the life support out on a comatose vegetable.

Regarding your idea about telling K1 players who have been on the server for more than a year, that they're gonna lose their shit cuz of K2, let me ask you this: Am I wearing a dress? I'm not? Then why are you FUCKING me.

btw if you guys are gonna have more downtime cuz of a Host swap, do it now since people have no where else to play. Cuz if you do it when these other projects open their floodgates, RIP in Piss.

b959888836dc197b1d43037d1665b496.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Release AQ on K2. Soon. Like within weeks. Let the guilds race to get first or whatever. Then Merge them.

Deleting the K1 progress is retarded. The most retarded shit ever. Time spent. Consumes. The level of autism spent just for guilds to get where they are. Not to mention everyone that has sharded or sold their previous gear. Why don't you just tell everyone that grinded rank 14 that they're shit out of luck and they get dungeon blues.

Naxx is the goal. Fun, community, and all that stuff butt naxx is the goal. K2 guilds will have plenty of time to catch up with the like 8+ month schedule you've laid out. People will whine on both sides regardless butt you'll lose everyone on K1 if you do some incredibly retarded shit like regress your players that have been playing here for years. Just ask all the GM's (and I don't mean guild masters) in synched and vangord what their players think.

I'm assuming someone has covered this point butt I didn't read the previous pages. Suck it.

P.S. Fix your forums so I can type for more than a minute without being logged out.

Addendum: If you regress K1 everyone will have full BiS anyways and all of K2 will quit because they will just get outgeared when AQ is released and people that have been farming AQ for months clear it in 40 minutes like they did and currently do.

Last edited:
Personally I think the only way to actually 'merge' things is to pick the server with the higher population and offer the players on the lower population servers a free transfer - but where they lose their equipment/money/items. (This is just my opinion)

Sorry Shandryn, I don't mean to pick your post to quote but it was the most recent and easier to find inregards to k1 to k2 cross.

I'm curious why and how people come up with such a idea. I'd just quit, what's the point.

All those people who farmed the Black AQ Mount????? Think they're going to continue?

With all these "K1 merged to K2 and delete their gear" then might as well do it and return all K2 players back Level 1 Toons to simulate a one year time travel.

How is Merge "K1 to K2" and delete their gear back to before AQ a better option than having K2 skip The War Effort and merge to K1? I'd think you'd be pissing on more players doing "K1 to K2" rather than "K2 to K1".

Last edited:
First of all you have to understand that the only realm having a population problem is Kronos I, and that Kronos I is just a little crumb of the entire Twinstar project. Right now the main focus of Twinstar is to please the Kronos II community, their goose that lays the golden eggs.

Right now Kronos II is the realm that counts the most, so any decision is based on their needs. From the Twinstar point of view is better to lose an old rotting realm like Kronos I than losing a relatively new and still healthy realm like Kronos II. The upcoming release of those other vanilla servers will affect both Kronos I and II, but still the newer realm is going to soften the blow better than the old sick one.

And one more thing, since the Kronos II community is actually playing on a quite healthy realm most of them don't even bother to check the forum for such threads, so all the concerns you see in here are from a very tiny minority of the entire community.

If you consider all these simple facts then you'll figure out by yourselves why a merge will never happen with the current state of Kronos I and II. Merging the two realms would only make happy a minor portion of the entire community (a.k.a. Kronos I) and piss off the majority (a.k.a. Kronos II) with the risk to make alot of the people from Kronos II to leave.

We have to face the reality, if we want more people to play with then we have to reroll Kronos II, simple as that. Otherwise just wait on Kronos I and see how things evolve, and when both realms will have the same released content a merge will happen and we'll all be happy.

First of all you have to understand that the only realm having a population problem is Kronos I, and that Kronos I is just a little crumb of the entire Twinstar project. Right now the main focus of Twinstar is to please the Kronos II community, their goose that lays the golden eggs.

Right now Kronos II is the realm that counts the most, so any decision is based on their needs. From the Twinstar point of view is better to lose an old rotting realm like Kronos I than losing a relatively new and still healthy realm like Kronos II. The upcoming release of those other vanilla servers will affect both Kronos I and II, but still the newer realm is going to soften the blow better than the old sick one.

And one more thing, since the Kronos II community is actually playing on a quite healthy realm most of them don't even bother to check the forum for such threads, so all the concerns you see in here are from a very tiny minority of the entire community.

If you consider all these simple facts then you'll figure out by yourselves why a merge will never happen with the current state of Kronos I and II. Merging the two realms would only make happy a minor portion of the entire community (a.k.a. Kronos I) and piss off the majority (a.k.a. Kronos II) with the risk to make alot of the people from Kronos II to leave.

We have to face the reality, if we want more people to play with then we have to reroll Kronos II, simple as that. Otherwise just wait on Kronos I and see how things evolve, and when both realms will have the same released content a merge will happen and we'll all be happy.

You're not wrong, but the argument and "conspiracy" if you will, is that a big part of these players will quit once the other server opens up. Which is reasonable to think seeing as 90% of them came from that server. We'll have to wait a few weeks to see if K2 is still going to be the stronger server. I doubt it.

So they're favouring the people who don't give a shit about the server instead of the old players on K1 that now feel like we're being treated like a PTR.

And that doesn't sit quite right with most people.

When you merge K2 with K1 you're not taking anything from anyone. That's the difference. Everything else is cosmetic. Just shut down K1 if this is the way it's going to be. Fuck it. There will be no point in having one low pop and one medium pop server when the competitors are released.

Waking up to this, what a treat.
But it is Shandryn's opinion, which he emphasizes himself:

So, who is Shandryn? A random GM. The text is irrelevant.

And you, Shandryn, would be well advised to post on a different account. I presume you have written under your GM name to give weight to your point, as a person with some direct experience in interacting with both communities. You should grasp, though, that, at this point, any official-looking post will be taken into consideration by the plethora of players and guilds weighing whether they should move to Elysium or Crestfall, and that your words are always spread in-game without the "In my opinion" caveat. Tomorrow evening I will hear on TS or read in /world that "the devs' plan for a merger is to offer K1 players the option to transfer naked 60s to K2". By causing such gossip to flourish, you (GMs not involved in the decision-making process) will single-handedly cause some players to stop showing up for raids and some guild votes to go the wrong way.

So you would do us all a great favor if you'd shut up on this topic, in your official capacity as a GM, unless you are actually tasked to deliver an official announcement.

P.S. And to avoid speculation on whether we ourselves are now undergoing a vote on whether to transfer Synced, I will state now that it is not the case; we will do our best to continue on Kronos. Hopefully you will take the sort of decisions which will allow it.

I completely agree. After hearing their opinions (on the "Podcast") regarding the future of Kronos it was almost like they have never even been on Kronos before.

It was obvious they are far detached from the inner decision making, and just spouting their opinions to the masses without disclosing everything said was speculation. Also, these speculations they make can mistakenly be taken as fact by potential Kronos players or current players on edge of leaving.

So with that said, we should take what anyone but Chero, Davros, and Gurky say with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I completely agree. After hearing their opinions (on the "Podcast") regarding the future of Kronos it was almost like they have never even been on Kronos before.

It was obvious they are far detached from the inner decision making, and just spouting their opinions to the masses without disclosing everything said was speculation. Also, these speculations they make can mistakenly be taken as fact by potential Kronos players or current players on edge of leaving.

So with that said, we should take what anyone but Chero, Davros, and Gurky say with a grain of salt.
Gurky was on the podcast and they said it was just their views multiple times throughout the podcast....

I can't vote from my phone, but yea i think merge would be a good idea in the long run, as long as it doesn't create stability/lag problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Or atleast let K2 players transfer to K1 for a limited time frame (3 days for example). K1 horde really needs more people.

So basically the people who supported your server from day 1 you don't give a shit about. But the people who only came here when they had no where else to go those are the ones that you now prioritize.

I'm no expert on this, but why not just transfer K1 to K2 so the K2 people can still experience the AQ event. I've been playing on K1 for a long time on and off and don't want to see the server die. What other option is there than a merge? As soon as Elysium releases the servers are going to be dead pretty much if there isn't a high pop.

25fb8c491c8aa6fe94892ca195bf59a2.png

Apparently we have "no respect" because we are considering other projects when the one we are currently on is miserably failing us.

Well it's true that alot of Nostril fan boys kept trolling/mocking kronos all the time, even when Kronos opened a brand new server just for them. The community has been splitted in two just to please all these ungrateful refugees, and the old server has been put on a siding.

I don't wanna blame the Kronos staff, becouse thanks to them I had the best vanilla WoW experience ever. But unfortunately they made a big mistake switching their focus from their older and smaller community to the new bigger one from Nostradamus. In this case they've chosen quantity over quality, and this is the result.

The community has been splitted in two just to please all these ungrateful refugees, and the old server has been put on a siding.
this is fundamentally wrong. K2 was made for the ex-nost players that did not belong to the kronos community yet, so there was no split

Why a merge ? Make K2 a PVE server and leave K1 a pvp server. If people from K2 want to go back to K1 for pvp let them. This way there might be more people wanting to play on K2 for PVE. And pvpers go back to K1. So it might balance out.

Top Bottom