• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mining nodes suggestion

Stoney

Authorized
"Another big issue are the gathering professions. For Kronos, we will write a node spawning system that works Independently for each zone and Reduces the resources to a Blizz-like extent."

Does that mean we won't have to gather mining minerals for years? On many different servers there's actually a LACK of mining veins so will you guys have that fixed? For example, on other servers most of caves and mines are empty of nodes and that's non-Blizzlike situation. Places like Gold Coast Quarry should be filled with nodes and have completely seperate spawn time, otherwise it will be pain in the ass to even touch mining.

On the most private servers is the problem, that you have a 45mins spawntimer at the same position. So you can just ride up the same route all the time and can farm easily a lot of minings. With that random spawns you need to search the spots and the prices at ah will be much higher.

Well hes refering to servers that have a dynamic node spawning system.
Problem here is that the common placed are always gathered and then the node spawns in some remote area.
Then you get alot of spawn in this area until 1 lucky guy finds it an gathers everything in 1 run.

Imo the best solution is to leave the system as it is at the moment.
-> You gather a herb
-> 45 minutes later is respawns somewhere

You might end up having alot spawns on 1 position, but you also have to find those spots. This encourages travelling to remote zones so they won't be left deserted. Who would go to desolace after farming Maraudon or leveling?
In reality gathering nodes would still be alot easier then retail, but you actually need to put in some effort to get to them.

Imo the best solution is to leave the system as it is at the moment.
-> You gather a herb
-> 45 minutes later is respawns somewhere
As long as that isn't the same as Feenix where you can from time to time find more than 1 herb/ore on a single spawn perhaps with 1-3 yards or less seperating them XD

but well the issue is known and they will fix it so it doesn't spawn like that :smile:

This can only happen if people didn't gather the nodes. If you happen to stumble over a spot with 2 herbs next to each other, lucky you. I don't see a problem there.
Then its 2 spawns right next to each other and none to be seen in miles.

Did you change your opinion just 2 day's later ? here's a link from 20-09-2014 where it sounded like you considered it an issue for the economy and should be fixed.

Mining/Herb Nodes

This is one of the major things that has to be done to ensure a stable economy.

and earlier in the same thread from someone on the Kronos team:
which answer would you expect from us ?

Yes, we will rework this system

note: this thread already exists "Mining/Herb Nodes" and they have answered :wink:

Last edited:
Well, i don't remember, if it should be possible to have two nodes next to each other. What i know is, that it may happen, that when you gather one, the next one spawns inmidiately nearby. Also, it should not have 45 mins resp. You should not be able to farm all nodes in the zone. It should be pooled so you allways find something.

Okay, so you understand it too.
In the first post I only state that a working node spawn system is a mandatory part of a stable economy - and nothing more. Not saying it should be fixed or w/e. cause from my perspective it already is.
In the second I tell the OP that this will most likely not be an issue here at all since the previous implementation will work just fine as it is.

Last edited:
In certain caves mining nodes should ALWAYS spawn with around 30-45 minutes respawn time. Simple fact.

The worst thing i've seen on most of the servers was not a lack of nodes, but types which shouldn't spawn here. For example, 1 run in burning steppes, which should be richest of thorium nodes locations i mine like 5-7 thoruim and 10-15 truesilver ( which is almost useless, and positioned as rare metal for few plans) 7-8 golden nodes (same here) and like 10 nodes of mithrill. Well, i'm pretty sure, it's not blizzlike.

Top Bottom