• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mining Resources not Blizzlike

mcsoap

Hello Kronos, I researched forums prior to posting this, sorry if it's a duplicate anyway.

The vein spawns cannot be real. During 1 hour run in Blasted Lands, I collected 79 Mithril Ore, 48 Thorium Ore, 36 Truesilver Ore. During my afternoon questing in Eastern Plaguelands, I collected 57 Gold Ore. I used to farm Mithril in Arathi Highlands, where there's Iron by the northern border and Mithril to the south. I regularly find Truesilver, one of the rarest ores in the world, randomly scattered everywhere, sometimes even multiple veins next to each other. So here's the issues I have identified:

- Gold is everywhere, even in end game areas. I had 4 veins of gold few yard of each other in E. Plaguelands.
- Truesilver is everywhere, it's supposed to be very hard to find, I remember leveling Vanilla and I was lucky to collect 5 ores through entire leveling period in Stranglethorn Vale. That's how rare they were.
- Badlands was where I always went to farm Mithril on Vanilla, because there was multiple veins that I knew would spawn there. There is none on Kronos in Badlands, except for Truesilver of course. It's everywhere.
- I have screenshots of Blasted Lands veins, three veins one right next to each other, I mean like 1 foot away with multiple other veins lit on my minimap, I mined them and few minutes later, some of them were back already.

The result of this is bent economy. Mithril sells for 5 golds and more if someone buys out the stock and puts it back for 8. Thorium is cheaper than Mithril. Truesilver is so common, it's actually better to vendor it. It's over 1g deposit to put stack of Truesilver on AH, where the average price is 2.8G BO, while vendor price for stack is 2.5G. You can tell there's people that didn't realize they're losing money on putting Truesilver on AH for those prices, I used to buy Truesilver off of AH for under 2G and sold them to vendor for 2.5G.

So, does anyone else think this isn't Vanilla experience? I only played Vanilla and TBC, I don't know how rules have changed later, but this is really easy - the Armorsmith questline took a month on official, I had it done in 2 days here.

Bumping this. It definitely is not Blizzlike at all, and honestly being mithril-starved like this (and having a glut of Truesilver) is really terrible for the economy of the server. Truesilver should be an incredibly rare find -- the kind of thing you'd spend weeks checking the AH for compulsively to see if you can get any so you can make that awesome piece of armor that requires it.

What if the devs implemented abundant truesilver nodes to help people make money from smelting them down and vendoring?

24687-8c7890-illuminati-logo-501x501.jpg

The reason mithril is expensive is goblin sapper charges. It's not hard to farm really.
The reason thorium is so cheap is that it can be solo farmed from instances, making for near limitless supplies while at the same time there is very limited demand.
Truesilver may be too abundant on the server, however, there is hardly anything useful that can be crafted from it.

Crafted items play a very small role in comparison to drops from raid instances, which are readily available for almost everyone these days. It wasn't this way back in vanilla. Therefore crafting materials are much cheaper compared to back then.
Consumables play a much larger role on Kronos then they did 10 years ago, when only the hardcore guilds were using them seriously. Therefore consumable prices are much higher than they were back on Blizz servers.

In the end this leads to mining hardly being profitable when compared to herbalism. I don't believe changing spawn rates of certain nodes would change anything about that.

The node respawn rate in the game, mining or otherwise, has been pretty atrocious for some time. I look at servers doing that and recognize it is just a prop for the end game to get people jetting up their prof development ASAP. I can't see any other basis for it, other than "hehe I was drunk when I set the value..." End result, however, is that it cheapens the overall exp and economy for leveling players.

But if nobody mines truesilver or gold, it wont be replaced. And there are only limited spots?
So its because everybody skips these invaluable ones other high demand are more scarce? its a vicious cycle made by miners

If it is a bug you should use twinhead and please include proof of how it functioned back then otherwise this is no different than a kid ranting on about how he remembers that hammer of ragnaros had a 100% drop rate from critters...

Also as said if people keep skipping the lower value stuff its not like it despawns. The nodes in kronos came from many sources like gold farming guides & old images along with archive/wayback version of wowhead etc.

please provide evidence & report it the appropriate place at twinhead thats why it exists afterall...

bumping this got to lvl 33 and noticed that iron nodes are very rare in 1k needles arathi etc. As I remember correctly iron should be like copper (common). (I've played on quite few servers and retail and nowhere i struggled with farming iron) my 2cents

This is still not a bug before you report it correctly..... If you find a bug you report it on the bug tracer at Twinhead not here... and include a source that displays how it should be... not to mention the reasoning behind it appearing rare is becourse theres a massive amount of players killing mining... If 10 people try to kill the same quest unique npc then nomatter what server only 1 person or a group gets it at a time the others wait for respawn the same goes for nodes there is no difference. Take a look on twinhead you can see spawn timer and possible spawn positions each zone can only have X amount at a time ofc so not all spawns will have nodes, i often have to pvp fight over nodes.

If you had an easy time mining them during the first weeks of release without others also mining them maybe 5-20 min. before you got there then that would truly be wrong but currently i have yet to see the error you describe unless the server suddenly went extinct you have to wait a few weeks for population to mitigate the sudden start and high demand for skilling up before they will appear more common.

Top Bottom