• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

. Mob Ability Cooldowns!

Wtyd

Hey!

If you've gotten some questing done and encountered alot of different mobs you will agree that something is seriously wrong.

Mobs have close to 0 cooldown on their innate abilities.

Cycloned by harpies.
Scalded by elementals.
Feared by heyenas.
Disarmed.
Poisioned by spiders.
Earthshock from shaman type mobs.

And many many more.

This is imho the top prio bug in the game atm. This needs to be fixed asap! Really breaks gameplay.

report that under each mob on twinhead

The list is way too long to report under every mob.
This seems like a global setting that is off. 9/10 mobs spam their abilities waaay too often.
If it was just one mob I found doing this I would report that specific ability.

The thing is, us players, have much much much more time to fill out bug reports, look up causes and what the correct values should be.

If we don't give that information to them they cannot act upon it or it will be treated as low priority since other bug reports have people giving all the necessary info.

Good bug reports = quick bug fixes.

The thing is, us players, have much much much more time to fill out bug reports, look up causes and what the correct values should be.

If we don't give that information to them they cannot act upon it or it will be treated as low priority since other bug reports have people giving all the necessary info.

Good bug reports = quick bug fixes.

Every single person on this server (2k) should have encountered this. Yet I can't find a single forums post or bug-report relating to this issue. I might suck at searching but it should definitely be a larger noise surrounding this.

It's not a global issue.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=4750

I took some time out to video certain Centaur Wrangler mobs that have a zero cooldown on their Net ability (Maraudine Wranglers, Magram Wranglers) but at the same time, some had cooldowns and probable correct stats to their Net ability (Gelkis Wrangler, Kolkar Wrangler).

Meanwhile, the Harpies in Mulgore that use a cyclone ability don't spam it. They most certainly use it once, back up to shoot you with lightning, and can't use it again until a cooldown period of close to 16 seconds pass. But I agree with you that other Harpies might have it off of cooldown.

The point is that you're going to have to report each case of a zero cooldown mob by name and zone and with a screenshot of your Combat Log scroll showing the repeated use (you'll have to unlock your chat bar and open it up, extended).

This will help the Devs know at first glance that something is wrong, so they can confirm the bug right there.

It's not a global issue.

I took some time out to video certain Centaur Wrangler mobs that have a zero cooldown on their Net ability (Maraudine Wranglers, Magram Wranglers) but at the same time, some had cooldowns and probable correct stats to their Net ability (Gelkis Wrangler, Kolkar Wrangler).

Meanwhile, the Harpies in Mulgore that use a cyclone ability don't spam it. They most certainly use it once, back up to shoot you with lightning, and can't use it again until a cooldown period of close to 16 seconds pass. But I agree with you that other Harpies might have it off of cooldown.

The point is that you're going to have to report each case of a zero cooldown mob by name and zone and with a screenshot of your Combat Log scroll showing the repeated use (you'll have to unlock your chat bar and open it up, extended).

This will help the Devs know at first glance that something is wrong, so they can confirm the bug right there.

Nice work! I salute you for spending time to make the server better. Honestly, I'm not that kind of guy. I guess I'm just another sheep in the herd. I play the game, I feel no obligation to de-bug the game to the extent this requires. I will keep playing until these things stack up too high and then I will look for something else.

I'm sorry, but that's just how it is and I believe this is how the vast majority of the players feel. I kinda like the server though, so I thought I'd make this thread atleast.

I wish you would feel strongly enough to research and find out but I understand that it is not the way the majority feels :D.

However if the majority does not care to spend time making the server better then the server will never get better (or it will take forever to achieve this). So when players complains that a server is too buggy for them yet spends the 6-14 days played required to hit lvl 60 you can understand when people don't feel much sympathy for them.

Glad you are spending your time here and at least notified others of the possible existence of said bug, every bit of information helps :). This is one of the huge upsides of the bugtracker that Kronos provides, easy to search and easy to add.

This also goes for the trolls in Echo Isles (shaman shield buff renew all the time, making it very hard to even kill 1 monster)

Honest, making a report is easy. Check this out.

http://postimg.org/image/9nhlcbfzx/

You find a mob with a problem. You move your mouse cursor over your chat to the General tab, and left click it. Options open up, with "Unlock" being found towards the top. Right click on that, and you can now stretch the edge of your tab up a long ways. Click on the "combat" tab and let the monster exploit its no cooldown ability on you.

Click Printscreen, kill the monster, park somewhere safe, and tab out of the game. Gimp2 is a great free image editing program, and you can fire it up, open the new screenshot from the Screenshots folder from the game, and Export it to your desktop. By doing this you change the file format to whatever you what - Jpeg is best.

Once it's on your desktop, you can make a Bug report about the specific mob on our vanilla Twinead page.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/

Include the link to the named mob in question, put in the Jpeg you just made, and done. Later once you're back in game, you can re size the chat window to what you want and then left click the General tab and right click the "Lock" option, and off you go.

Edit - Screenshots for finding the Screenshot folder in WoW and using Gimp2 to change images to .JPEG

Screenshot_Folder.jpgGimp2_Export.jpg

You can see the directory path for finding the Screenshot folder in the first image. For exporting a screenshot to make it a JPEG, just open up Gimp2, Open the file from the Screenshot directory, click on the top left File tab again and select "Export As", and you're in business.

Last edited:
I can't find a screenshots folder, I've looked in data/docs etc... Can I make one if there isn't already one? I would like to be able to help with bugs if I can.

I have noticed this as well. I started collecting videos of mobs that spam their abilites far more than they should.

-Bears in Darkshore spamming Stuns
-Skeles in Darkshire spamming fear

There are so many examples of this on many mobs. In my spare time ive been trying to look for old articles that the devs need to make a accurate change to the way mobs should be acting but that is the tough part.

Though making a general bug report on this will help bring it to the attention of the devs, then other can contribute their findings / fixes to the thread. I agree with the OP that something is off on many mobs

Just had the Vicious Night Web Spiders in venomweb vale spamming poison on me and the scarlet friars spamming heal.

It seems to be consistent across all mobs with a special ability. I don't think it is really practical to go through the vast amount of mobs types this involves to bring them to the attention of devs individually.

Just had the Vicious Night Web Spiders in venomweb vale spamming poison on me and the scarlet friars spamming heal.

It seems to be consistent across all mobs with a special ability. I don't think it is really practical to go through the vast amount of mobs types this involves to bring them to the attention of devs individually.

This is what I felt when making this thread!
Sitting down and researching 100+++ mobs and their ability cooldowns with screenshots and videos will take forever.

This is what I felt when making this thread!
Sitting down and researching 100+++ mobs and their ability cooldowns with screenshots and videos will take forever.

Well, you tasted a little bit how is to be a Kronos developer/tester :wink: They do that for EVERY aspect of the game. Be very thankful :smile:

Well, you tasted a little bit how is to be a Kronos developer/tester :wink: They do that for EVERY aspect of the game. Be very thankful :smile:

That's all very well but they did undertake the job of developers with, I assume, some foreknowledge of what that would entail. I am also assuming they are reimbursed for their time in some way? Most of us are just people looking to play some old school wow on a decent server (which this generally is) after work/college etc.

As stated in previous posts, it is not a global issue. It has to be selectively fixed for each NPC, so we're gonna need dem reports :) So far I've found:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=5280
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=5084

Why isn't this a global issue? It's a massive bug affecting the vanilla levelling experience. I remember watching the videos every Sunday in the lead up to Kronos being released and quite a big deal was made of mob behaviour. This one particular video showed a mage npc in Tirisfal casting frost nova and actually moving away from the player character to cast frostbolt, it looked amazing. However now it seems a more basic and game affecting aspect of mob behaviour hasn't been addressed and the response to it is fairly mediocre.

I was fighting some Scarlet last night on the mage and it went something like this:

Cast Frostbolt *Shield bash*
Cast Fireball *Shield bash*
Stand there hitting the guy with my staff *have another shield bash for good measure*
And as soon as my frost and fire abilities were available again I'm sure you can guess the result. It was hugely obnoxious.

I reported something similar with some Silithus mobs during beta that would basically stunlock you.

Just report what seems a bit over top and the fixes will eventually come in. Since few people actually bothered todocument mob behavior back in 2006 I also think the devs have a bit of leeway to fix as they see fit.

Top Bottom