• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Most optimal build for leveling a shaman?

Guessilldps

I'm currently stuck between whether I should start a warlock or a shaman. So I would like to hear what the most optimal leveling spec for a shaman would be? Guessing that it will be some kind of mix between elemental and resto, due to easier group find for dungeons and so on, but what do I know. I only have mage experience from vanilla, so I'm kind of lost here :smile:

Just for leveling, i will definitely chose enha. Mainly, you kill your enemyes with AA and all mana spent on healing youreslf and totems so you nearly never have to stop and rest.

Enha is pretty decent, but just to add something else here, Im gonna contribute some to elemental.

It doesnt really depend on your play style, because as elemental lvling you will watch your high mana pool durability and armor as much as enhancement, maybe even more because as enha you much likely use a 2h weapon and as ele a shield, which will give you double armor (!) and you take much less dmg.

Also you wont be a caster, because you will have flametongue on your 1h weapon which can deal really a lot of dmg + add totem dmg and shocks (as much as you can afford not to oom and have downtime to drink).
A big PLUS is also that you will have an easier time healing dungeons. Up to lvl 50 you can pretty easily heal with and spec if you got some resto gear, but as ele it will be easier.

Just wanted to join in here. Like the other guys said, Enh is probably the superior spec for leveling.
However, I leveled my Shaman from 1-60 as Elemental, and really enjoyed it. You have a large mana pool, and the fact that you wear a shield (along with you being able to heal yourself, of course) makes your survivability a bit higher than Enh shamans, I found.
I didn't have any problems finding groups while leveling, like Aslan said, you can heal dungeons pretty easily, but if you want to do PvE seriously at 60 you'll probably have to respec to Restoration (which I found fun to play as well).

The problem with enhance leveling though is that u don't really feel the power of ur spec until u get into like 30+ so u do have to work fir the first levels

Last edited:
Enhance leveling is the best. Until 28 you should be using a one hander (dagger perf) and shield. Best dagger you can look for is +fire dmg. Use flametounge. The +fire dmg gear helps a ton with flametounge and searing. At 28 you can switch to two handed. It's not with it to go 2hander and flametounge at all

Enhance leveling is the best. Until 28 you should be using a one hander (dagger perf) and shield. Best dagger you can look for is +fire dmg. Use flametounge. The +fire dmg gear helps a ton with flametounge and searing. At 28 you can switch to two handed. It's not with it to go 2hander and flametounge at all

I personally wouldn't recommend a Fire Spell Dmg dagger. Flametongue Weapon only gets 10% of your spell damage, and at low levels you're not going to find much damage at all on them. You'd need at least 10 spell damage to even increase the damage by 1. It's not worth it.

I have been planning a hybrid type build, which is what you'll end up doing while leveling anyway. I'm level 20 so far and am grabbing everything the reduces mana cost mostly. After imp ghost wolf I'll probably go for eye of the storm and then into resto some more.

I got my shaman up to 26 as full ele, stacking mostly intel. Went pretty smooth, cant really compare to enh, I only planned on trying enh once I'd get stormstrike

I'm doing it the hard way by going full resto haha. It hasn't been that bad to be honest since im stacking int like a ele shammy. The main talent that helps is the crit one, I really see a difference in my damage with all those crits flying off. Is this the best way to level? Hell no... But I really didn't want to respec and relearn all my skills... Plus doing dungeons is much much easier as resto. Only downside I can say is going oom about every 4-5 pulls. Other then that, the damage is decent.

I remember lvling back in the day with something like this http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zLchoZxVb
Its a mix meele + shocks + shield. 100% crit shock dmg + wf on hand and shield give nice dmg and surv. You can use +int + str items, whatever You find tbh. Casting bolts is not optimal. It worked for me at least.

When I leveled on Nostalrius I used a fast dagger with flametongue. I used Elemental Devastation together with Flurry so it would proc when my flametongue critted. My idea was to make Elemental Fury and Elemental Focus benefit from flametongue but I don't know if it ever worked or not. Was a while ago. I was never sure Flametongue acted like a spell or not.

Top Bottom