• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mouse/Camera Bug

Threnzy

Is anyone else experiencing the issue with the mouse and camera where it will randomly snap to a random location on your screen causing you to suddenly spin and look in a random direction?

Here is a video of this problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aL7JXhhmBY

Apparently this issue has been around for many years and it actually may of been fixed in the latest live patch. I've never noticed this issue once when I used to play from Retail Vanilla upto WOTLK but in the kronos beta i'm noticing it alot and while the game isn't at the level of unplayable it is rather frustrating. Any help?

This is a client side problem. Doesn't have anything to do with server or kronos. At all. This problem i'm not sure is connected to WoW client itself at all but rather windows bug... I have never in my entire WoW life (10 years) encountered this king of bug. Maybe it's your I/O drivers messed up for your motherboard and glitching in wow or your mouse drivers are glitchy? I don't know man wish i knew the reason why it does that. :/

Do you have Windows 8.1 by any chance? That's why you never noticed the issue before, or why so many people don't notice it. Apparently there was supposed to be a fix from Microsoft at some point, didn't do anything for me sadly.

i think i have this issue too, but it's not an instant snap, more like a momentary increase in dpi by like 10 million

I started playing WoW with the release of retail on a microsoft XP system and can easily confirm the bug made me go completely nut's a few times.

With Wotlk I changed onto windows 7 and now I play on a modded Linux with Windows XP again.

Fun thing is the bug (For me) was gone as soon as I changed from a wireless to a cable mouse. Actually no idea how this in the far wide spread idea's matches but maybe just give it a quick try if you have the option to.

I had long struggles with this and a wireless high end logitech mouse (funny enough) and since I play with a cheap cable one it's gone for good.

Happened to me very often. I am using Win7 and i encountered this on WotLK and Cata as well. But since i moved to retail, i have not had any issue of this kind.
So this might be a problem of older game versions, or private servers in general.

Very annoying sh.t

Do you have Windows 8.1 by any chance? That's why you never noticed the issue before, or why so many people don't notice it. Apparently there was supposed to be a fix from Microsoft at some point, didn't do anything for me sadly.
I started playing WoW with windows XP and gamed for about 4 years then ive switched over to w7 and gamed for another 3 4 years and after that switched to w8.1. Changed about 5 mouses and this bug didn't occur.
Also people retail or private it doesn't matter. It's not the problem within WoW client. It's within windows.
Have you tried disabling hardware cursor (or enabling if it's disabled)?

I'm on Windows 7, using a Razor Deathadder but I also had the same issue on another private server over a year ago when I was using a Logitech mouse.

Disabling hardware cursor and playing in full screen rather than windowed increases the chance of it happening.

The only thing I've found that helps is lowering the polling rate of the mouse to 125, this in no means fixes it but does decrease the amount it happens slightly. It still affects me on average of about once a minute though.

Top Bottom