• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Multi-box

I dislike multi-boxing in general, but will cope with whatever rules the server staff hand down without an issue.

The matter of open world PvP does concern me though. Let me run an example at you.

I'm in Tanaris as a Rogue when I see a pair of enemy characters in the distance - a warrior and a priest. The warrior is busy mining a node, and after watching them for a time longer, I figure out that it's a dual box setup. I make the decision to go in and light the Priest up with my opener and expend energy in an attempt to burst that character down. The priest is saved by the warrior with an intercept stun, a rend is applied, and the priest suddenly PW Shields themself and follows up with a Fear, and I end up losing.

The person dual boxing could easily handle that situation as I've described without any software tools at all - they could just have two game instances opened as windows and tab between them.

So, is my only alternative in world PvP vs. a dual box target to be a dual boxer myself, to level the playing field? And in the advent of a rule stating that the dual boxer can fight, but can only use one of their characters - would I still not be at a disadvantage as the player can choose which character to fight with AFTER I've already expended character resources in launching my initial attack?

I've seen several different sets of open world PvP rules for multi-boxing on different servers, and the only one that ever made any sense at all was "take your deaths quietly without fighting back and respawn with only one character and kill them if you really need to."

Because in any other situation, again, the player that isn't multiboxing is at a disadvantage as either an attacker or defender, meaning the server is promoting a skewed rules set over what classic WoW ever had.

from my point of view multi-boxing can be accepted but only if they dont participate in world pvp or battleground's and that concerns defending themself against others in world pvp.

the multiboxer has no cost for extra accounts and he can do dungeons without needing others, if they participate in pvp then each account takes up a spot on the ladder once over 25 kill's which is many times easier with a group than alone, and i cannot see it justified how 1 person reserves more than 1 spot on the ladder unless he plays them 1 by 1 without being online same zone or time.

and as said by "ultrastoat" the multiboxer is already at a major advantage, and a single player who focuses on a single account/player should atleast have the advantage of pvp.

multibox was extremely rare in vanilla mainly due to the cost, so it shouldn't have all the advantage's atleast ban them from pvpøing while in the same zone or logged in with them all :S

I make the decision to go in and light the Priest up with my opener and expend energy in an attempt to burst that character down. The priest is saved by the warrior with an intercept stun, a rend is applied, and the priest suddenly PW Shields themself and follows up with a Fear, and I end up losing.

In the described situation 1) you attacked the multiboxer first. I see no problem with him fighting back. If he was indeed alttabing, his reactions would be slower than if two different players were controlling it.

I also see no problem him attacking you first tho! If two friends level together and they gank you, there's absolutely no difference.

-- PvP part --

If you were watching them for a while, you saw some pattern in their moves, so 2) why didn't you wait for the right moment and disable one of them first? You know, Sap, Blind, that kinda thing..

And mainly, if you decided to go 1v2, you should have counted with the warrior charging you. 1vX fights are what makes the game interesting.

the reaction of a multiboxer is the same as anyone else, the difference between 2 different players controlling 2 characters or a multiboxer controllong 2 when fighting is that:

1: multiboxer: all characters attack simultaneously so there is no chance that the ally wouldn't notice a friendly suddenly get attacked even for a moment and he would know exactly how to time the cc's without breaking them by attacking one that is being cc'ed for example sheep.

2: 2x players: both would think independently, so you could in fact attack one from range or while the other is focused for some time without getting attacked and cc's such as blind/sheep could be broken by mistake by the other one.

3: Getting cc'ed for multiboxer can be lethal to control but he will always have control of atleast one at a time which ofc he can swap as he pleases then, and if he's got a simple /follow macro + addon he can get the others to run towards the core player again without trouble and gather the group with just a single button.

4: multiple players rarely ever run in a tight group since they level in different zones and quests but a multiboxer is always in full group 2-5 players running around.

note: in short there is no problem with 2 independent players since they aren't syncronized and can make mistakes, but a multiboxer is a syncronized group that consists of 2-5 players who all work like clockwork, the only threat a multiboxer has is fear or aoe cc's but it does not disable them and they aren't scattered for long either if you use macro+addon for follow.

also as known a multiboxer reserves "honor standing" with all characters he is on if he engages in pvp, fine if he did with each 1 by 1 but since he does with 2-5 at a time and in theory could have more such groups he will reserve multiple spots on the standing which will reflect negatively on single player's who casually pvp and thus get a much lower standing.

tip: the realistic encounter is a 1v5 fight vs multiboxers in world pvp, let us imagine it is paladins with each their stun timed perfectly, or shaman's or rogues who once they click ambush you die instantly without the chance to even fight and dead from a single ability x5....

And here comes the question - when multiboxing have so much advantages, why don't you go for multiboxing too rather than convince devs to forbiden it? ;-)

And here comes the question - when multiboxing have so much advantages, why don't you go for multiboxing too rather than convince devs to forbiden it? ;-)

Since what i desire is the nostalgia of "Vanilla", back then i didnt multibox and only very few that where rarely seen used it. multiboxing first grew after TBC arena's started but where a rare sight in vanilla seen once a week if you played a lot. i dont mind seeing them daily but atleast they shouldnt be able to pvp in any way.

and also it would become rather sad and unsocial if everyone started running around playing dungeon's only by them-self of if battlegrounds suddenly became 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 fights where each controls 5 characters.... it would turn into something else than vanilla was. not to mention the multi-box software has been improved a lot since then already so controls are easy and since accounts have no cost it would be easy to spread... it would turn into a question of 1x or 5x health/damage if not atleast prevented in pvp.

if i wanted to play something else than pure vanilla then i would find a random mix server or accept quality such as ED where you can exploit/bug your way across.

note: i dont want it to be forbiden, i just want it forbiden from pvp to keep world/battleground pvp clean and especially the pvp "standing" that is awarded once a week.

Last edited:
Multiboxing happended even in vanilla wow, but it was never much of a problem. I know its easier in private servers since you don't pay any fees. It wasn't a problem on the previous Kronos and it won't be a problem now. After all there aren't so many multiboxers.
I for one, even though I could, won't multibox.

i could but i wont but for the times you encounter a pvp'ing multiboxer it becomes a pain knowing all these facts and advantages, i guess that is the reason that even "ED" banned them from participating in battlegrounds or world pvp so i know i am not alone with my opinion on that.

i have nothing against them as long as it is only used for dungeon's or quests, i am just worried it will have an effect on pvp, no-matter how little it still will if it is allowed in bg and world and that is the only real part i dislike :smile:

in short you think the same of multi-boxing in vanilla as i am, which is natural since it was extremely rare to see any back then afterall.

You are extremely sensetive as it seems and also overreacting. It never was a problem on Twinstar before, why should it now be?
And as stated by the staff, if it affects the game experience in a negative way they will take action and probably ban multibox entirely. Just take a chill pill and see what happens instead of making assumptions.

I agree with your expressed opinion. I'll wait to see what happens and if worst comes to worst, a sour PvP experience involving the topic could always make a great Youtube vid for advertisement purposes.

considering that blizzard did allow multiboxers but only at the cost of extra accounts i would consider it fair to say vote/donate can be used as a way to pay for multiboxing.

I don't get it. Would it be possible to explain it, a little more detailed? What do you mean, when your ay "vote"?

I am actually not a friend of multi boxing on f2p-realms.

and if worst comes to worst

Staff won't let that happen :)
Of course Kronos is under the Twinstar rules. That does not keep them from making additional rules for this project.
I am sorry if I sounded harsh at first.

does twin-star have a solution for the case of a player killing his own character's somewhere in the world to get HK's ?

it is easy to do at lvl 1 if you twink it move it to enemy faction starting zone in a secret spot at specific times of the day you could easily cheat your way to the top that way and you can have limitless accounts with limitless new characters delete/create unless they fix this type of cheating :/

If u see someone who do this just report him and GM ban him ;)

yeah... there's the actual problem....

1: the proof that it is 1 of his since he moves them seperately.
2: if he hides in 1 of the many locations no-one look's between mountains etc.
3: if he only logs on late at night or early in the morning

it would be pretty much impossible for a normal player to do anything unless he stands in the open risking to die from characters that aren't his, he could just create them and walk the 1-3 min. heck he could even move them as multibox all at once to get them faster resurrected so he can kill :/

note: they could limit hk from being awarded untill the player is lvl 10+ since i honestly doubt someones gonna farm 25 HK's a week below that level the legit way. it wouldn't fix this HK cheat completely but it would make it much more time consuming.

Last edited:
1: GM proof that through IP
2: Well maybe noone do it because its useless and if yet u can bet he show himself somehow
3: U still can see it in ranking sr smth like this (and lvl 1 with 200HK is rly wierd!)

1: GM proof that through IP
2: Well maybe noone do it because its useless and if yet u can bet he show himself somehow
3: U still can see it in ranking sr smth like this (and lvl 1 with 200HK is rly wierd!)

1: would it be possible to make the anti-cheat detect that in combat log when you get x amount kills vs someone on same ip ? also if the victim deleted the character long ago to make a new one to feed himself with ?

2: players do everything as long as it is not restricted or a clear rule that describes exactly what they do as wrong, if caught they tell they read and misunderstood the rules trying to get lighter punishment. People are known to try and find blind spots in the rules of anything if they can get away with it... look at americans as an example, they have some that search for a hole in the rules and guide to what they bought trying to find something harmfull that they then can use to sue the seller... we dont live in the perfect world where people know what is right or wrong so it is required to tell what is to the user/customer ☺

3: just becourse it look wierd doesnt mean it is wrong or you have proof so most wouldnt report it, and to find him you still need to search for a similar name, so if he isnt among the top 10 then he wont be shown.

1: That is rly not good for me.. We have multiple pc with 1 IP and we kill each other for fun many times

2: idont understand :eek:

3: GM can proof everything from logs i think

1: That is rly not good for me.. We have multiple pc with 1 IP and we kill each other for fun many times

2: idont understand :eek:

3: GM can proof everything from logs i think

1: i doubt you both play alliance vs horde but rather duel and even if then they could set the limit to 100 times a year killing from same IP etc. making it unlikely that it affects friendly friend fight's.

2: turn a blind eye wont help, people are like that especially american's. if there is a way to break/bend the rules or system they will exploit it so leaving something that is clearly easy to use and hard to detect would make it rather attractive to those types of people

3: can't they just use the anti-cheat to look at the log and IP, if getting an HK from 1 on same IP 100 times then report ? :/ no need to say it is there since then no one will change ip when doing and people would get trapped automatically ? :)

Anyway in world pvp there is a limit I think 10 kills and afterwards it wont give you any honor. And if we will have 1* rate or TBC rates, it wont be a problem. Anyway it will be still better to play BGs than this "exploiting" :smile:
edit: Btw I remember that there was some exploiting (kronos 2) and it wasn't giving honors if you were on the same IP (or MAC, im not sure). Still silithyst would be better option :biggrin:

there is and has never been a limit in world pvp on kills.

the only exception is the "character" if you kill the same over and over he grants less and less honor, that then rises the longer time he hasn't been killed, but imagine making 1 after the other character delete/create, then all would grant you honor.

but nice if there where such anti honor exploit ☺

Just a side note..
A level 1 Private/Grunt? Maybe.
A level 1 <insert any other rank name> ? Nope.

I never tried this, but there is also a limit on how high rank you can get by PvPing on a lower level.

And the issue still remains that this can be done by anyone, in other words, it does not belong to the thread discussing multiboxing. If you want to discuss possible honor abuse methods, I suggest you create a more appropriate thread.

Top Bottom