• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Multi-box

I'm starting to get a feeling that some people are just trying to create problems out of nothing. The server didn't even launch yet and already we have unbeatable terminators-multiboxers and honor exploiters everywhere you look and sailor-like general chat causing outrage amongst all the 15y olds and their parents. And who knows what else.

Let's just chill, stop worrying about hypothetical catastrophes and wait for the real deal. We'll cross the bridges when (and if!) we get to them.

you cannot just launch something and naively expect people to act nice and friendly towards the host or the other customer/users, that is called being too naive especially when you host a server and the larger the more the importance grow's.

Why do we then have anti cheat/hack and ddos ? hasnt happened yet :wink:

If a product could only be bought once per customer, then if the same customer comes in with 3 dolls then he may buy 4 ?

if you get a mail about winning 1 mill dollars and you just need to type in your info would you do it ?

chilling or being naive is no place for a "server", since when you host something you gotta prepare beforehand for any and everything you can think of even fire or power-outage :smile:

you cannot just launch something and naively expect people to act nice and friendly towards the host or the other customer/users, that is called being too naive especially when you host a server and the larger the more the importance grow's.
Yes you can. I've played on Kronos before, I noticed no problems with multiboxers, no problems with honor exploiters(I remember one attempt, they got discovered and punished very quickly), and no problems with vulgarity on global channels. And that was on horde, where all the "real" badasses play :D

These things just aren't problems and even if they arise and grow to a problem-like size, they can be dealt with quite easily.

yes but as far as i could understand, the first kronos was critically low on player's. but when it launches this Fall it will drain most vanilla player's out there from other servers that are inferior such as ED.

but i guess time will just have to run until the pvp problems become big enough... :/

This new launch of Kronos will have a much larger turnout of players than I think people realize. People have jumped ship from Emerald Dream and continue to do so, as well as from the other Feenix servers due to staff decisions, the big ban sweep from the faulty Warden update, and the whole mess going pay to win on all servers.

Valkyrie remains a decent server but with a wholly EU based population, and it's a smaller one at that. Primary server language is Russian so that's a big issue for many players too. The Rebirth server is pretty much dead in the water as the staff went with the cheapest IP host they could get and possess no DDoS mitigation at all, and that server had upwards of 400-450 USA players before the attacks.

A LOT of players will head over here from a variety of sources if the server is good, stable, not pay to win, and has an actual staff of devs (not just one or two people total) providing updates / rules enforcement. And you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll bring a LOT of bad, exploitive habits with them when they show up.

yeah like what happened on ED, 1 of the exploits that was fixed just 3 weeks ago and had existed since launch was only available to multiplexers since doing it with 1 wouldn't make it any different than not being a bug but with a group of 5 the bug actually meant a secured 10 gold every 3-7 min. depending on mount speed. no selling involved but just pure gain, there are exploits and bugs only a multiboxer can make use of. and as Ultra said, a massive wave of players are on their way here waiting for release. many will attempt to find bugs at the start so they can use them until others find them and they get fixed.

altough my greatest concern is pvp but as said it seem i have to wait until chaos breaks out first.

Just ban all 3rd party programs.
If you manage to play 2 clients at the same time, fine, but any additional program that helps you to do so should be illegal. Even programs that just copy key press to multiple instances of the game.

i couldn't agree any more with you on that, it would allow multiboxing to an extend since you can just have each account open in a window but it wouldn't be easy and it would in no way be overused or used all of the time. :biggrin:

Well, yeah. My record are 3 accs at one time, while slaying Gronns in Blades Edge Mountains years ago :laugh:

here's a short list of worst case scenario, where you can find many more of on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5whe6dbpmI 5x rogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQi1JLtV4w 40x AV team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfpnG_ICTlc 25x raid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsYSZS9tucg world pvp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kROp6GUi0DE x80 accounts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plOBB9fgSBs gold farm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPVwySg6tts solo raid capital

note: obviously there are no multibox videos from 1.12.1 since no one did it back then but aside from different spells damage heal and amounts it still results in the same, in economy pve and pvp, and it goes without saying that you cannot report all the names if they should commit something that is bannable and untill there is a rule against solo raiding a capital, camping player, ambushing 5v1 or using it to farm a ton of gold considering the game was build for single character farming...

multiboxing barely even existed in vanill, but it was so rare you would only see 1 who did it and with few accounts meeting that same one maybe once or twice a month/year since there just wasnt decent software to control many accounts and the price wasnt considered worth it before arena came...

I leveled three characters simultaneously on a 1x-rate TBC Server without any third party program. Of course it took me longer than levelling just one character, but it was still way faster than leveling all the three one after another.
In my opinion, multiboxing with and without broadcasting programs becomes a problem when people start boosting their alts, because of the way mobtagging works on mangos servers. While on retail you had to deal a certain amount of damage to a mob in order to get full xp on kill, you just need to tag the mob on mangos. I remember my girlfriend getting incredibly angry with high level players when they would onehit mobs she was fighting, and here's some evidence from 2006: http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=21&mid=115911460598736785
So please fix mobtagging if you are going to allow multiboxing. I've seen this a lot on ED and it's really frustrating for new players.

becomes a problem when people start boosting their alts, because of the way mobtagging works on mangos servers. While on retail you had to deal a certain amount of damage to a mob in order to get full xp on kill

This is already working. You can't just tag the mob and have it oneshotted by a higher players :)
So the way people boost their alts to 60 like on ED does not work on Kronos.

I see. When I checked the bug tracker I could not find a ticket addressing this issue, that's why I assumed it has not been fixed yet.

Multiboxing in 1.12 is totally different then cata/panda where all class got self heal and doesnt die in 4 hit from npc

i dont think it will ever be a problem

heard of shaman/paladin/priest ?

or just mix the classes... multibox group never lacks healing, the issue with multiboxing isnt even the healing but rather the damage you can deal and that you have x number of lives where you can play untill you lost all and each one needs to be targeted to attack.

-you can farm faster (more gold/material/gear)
-you can level alts faster
-you wont loose in world pvp unless you encounter a full group
-you will feel like a twink even in green gear in battlegrounds
-you don't need to communicate with anyone so no misunderstanding, delay, ignoring or questioning of the tactic
-you are immune to silence since 1.12.1 only had single target silence/interrupt
-vanilla didnt have multibox software, so practically no-one used it until tbc where some started selling it
-multiboxing was allowed due to extra cost of accounts and possibly software that reduced the amount that would do it and how long they would keep doing it.
-multiboxer can set up permanent stun lock combo with the right classes, and cc/stun a player in world permanently untill he relogs or instant kill with a spell/ability from everyone.
-multiboxers can solo raid a capital, or kill a world boss etc.
-if 2 or more friends start multiboxing together then there is no limit to what they cannot raid.

tip: even in vanilla you dont die from 4 hits from an npc unless you are low lvl vs high lvl

Last edited:
allowing multi-boxing also grant's players unlimited bank space, yes you can use mail but that only stores for up to 30 day's max and it is rather unorganized + has a limit.

multi-box can be seen from many sides but in the end it becomes an unfair advantage once it becomes free.

hehe :smile:

rather that than a naive fool :wink:

if you had the choice between paranoid and naive security what would you pick ?
the naive would assume everything is friendly and let it pass no-matter how obvious it is.
the paranoid would watch everything before trusting it.

note: also as you can see i am not the only one who believes a paranoid defense to be better than the naive version :wink:

Last edited:
cool then i would suggest we should ban mulitbox because of 2 paranoid people, who can't deal with it :D

btw that was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge problem on last kronos aswell

not

a naive fool:rolleyes2:

? not only 2 and why is it a problem that some are concerned with a possible exploit existing ?

and the same case has been discussed on every private server there is, so it kinda proves the point that there is quite a lot who are concerned by this and dislike it.

on ED a year after release it became a rule that multiboxers where prohibited from any pvp even world pvp and if recorded or prooven they would be banned :wink:

the only exception would be if they only logged on and fought with one at a time, or only one at a time was in a battleground.

IMO we should ban it, because of the economic issues it will cause.
When one player gets a character to 60 and got 1 set of tradeskills to generate money think about what a person with 5 chars could generate..
On 1x rate server this should always be banned, on multirate servers it's no great deal..

As i'm reading through this, we should aslo ban players, who make alts. It will give them aslo another profesions and bank space.

...:mellow:

nonsence. Yeah, you have 5 chars that can mine.. GL with mining when veins are pooled and only one of the characters can mine at one time. It SOOO huge advantage....

@Aieris

no one would pick mining on all 5 characters... the real issue is if he picked tailor/alch and sold transmute/mooncloth cooldowns, or made a network of banking accounts.

on ED every player uses 2-3 accounts, just to store materials on... that isnt blizzlike and it reduces the worth of purchasing in-game additional bank slots, and the increase a multiboxer adds to the market of cooldown sales on the market increases the amount he earns but also reduces what others can sell it for and increases the speed at which gear can be made from cooldown requiring items.

not to mention 5x characters syncro attacking a player instantly kills the target.

multiboxing messes with economy and ranking in the game and for that reason are they a threat.

Reactions: Zed
Top Bottom