• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Multi-box

Argument with profesions and bank slots is irrelevant. The same thing you can do with alts, you don't need another acc for it. Yes, now you say, that you must pay for mailing, but seriously - 30c permail? It's so huge deal to the economy... It's 30silver for 100 mails....

About PvP.. Then gather a party and show him a hell. 5 players should be more than one with 5 chars.

... i never said mailing was the issue, altough there is a limit on how many mails you can store and every 30 days you gotta resend them all, if you use mails to store. it is only effective on bugged servers such as ED where you can bug it to reset the mail duration.

about pvp... how often is it that 4 other random players stand next to you when you meet a multiboxer ?, very unlikely scenario and if they arent close by them you will end up dead within seconds and i kind of doubt 4 random people will join 1 by 1 before the multiboxer is gone or he hunts them down and they preffer leaving the area then...

chance to gather a counter group is 1/100 since either they cant and are questing or they wanna re-log or they dont care about you, or can come in 5-15 min. or only wanna if the grp is almost full...

turn off "naive" mode and turn on "brain" please :wink:

I began multiboxing somewhere during the TBC. I originally got into multiboxing searching for different challenges. And boy, it was satisfying (not in a sexual way) to clear just your basic 5 man instances alone and smoothly. I consider myself to be (or rather, I were) a quite competent player. We were not fighting for World or even EU firsts, but we got quite a few server firsts during the Classic times. After Classic I pretty much saw all the content up to Cataclysm.

In my mind the economic issues related to the professions is the most valid concern regarding multiboxing, excluding some extreme cases of 40 character boxers...

Bank space. lvl1 alts, maybe? Ok, there is a 10 player limit per account but I never had issues with my bank slots (and yes, I'm a hoarder. 52x stacks of thorium bars anyone? Etc etc).

Unfair advantage in PVP. I tried some multiboxing @ lvl 70 arenas and I got seriously humiliated. Granted, I never was a PVP guy and I did not have a change to try how 4/5x Shamans blow people up during Classic times. However, I can confirm that melee classes really f*ck you up and I've seen only a handful of multiboxers who actually could keep their characters in check during the hectic (arena) PVP. Multiboxing in AV was quite fun and easy but still not a game changer. A bad multiboxer can really mess up WSG and AB as he is taking 1/2 or 1/3 or the group so maybe there should be some kind of a solution for this? Also, if one of your character dies in a BG, it's pretty much dead in the water...

Also, I really cannot grasp the complaining regarding 5v1 World PVP. Would you alone attack a 5 man party going to an instance? Your un-friendly multiboxer is ruining your herb/ore/whatever farming? I would claim that your farming can also be disturbed enough by one (competent) player. T2 dude came and oneshotted your miner/herbalism alt in Un'goro, what would you do after a couple of corpseruns? 1) continue to compete with him of the Thorium spawns or 2) Log off/switch character? I chose nr. 2, always.

It seems the stance towards the multiboxing is positive from the Devs/Twinstar. However, if they decided to ban it, all this 1 account/1 IP mumbojumbo is unnecessary... It would only take 1 report and you would be gone. How could you survive and continue your multiboxing in any meaningful way on a 1x server?

Just my two cents on the matter..

in my case i wouldn't hold back when seeing 5 man group, and the 5 man group would annihilate me as well if they saw me first, with 5 seperate individual thinking players i can annihilate one player before the rest knows what happened in the most cases but a multiboxeris syncronized so it is harder attempting such an ambush.

if a T2 camped me then i would take him down if we where the same level depending on class, vanilla wasn't purely gear dependent as the expansions slowly turned wow into so i would always have a chance to win in a 1v1 fight.

but yes worst case is a battleground where it rises or falls with 1 over-powered or humiliatingly weak/bad multiboxer who in short could issue fights with himself 5v5 accounts late at night if they where allowed to pvp and in that way could trade wins and mess with the ranking ladder... could also be done between 2x multibox friends where each controls 5x, 1 is horde the other is alliance...

Keep in mind levelling profession take time or a lot of gold ,so even 5 char with arcanite cooldown is not a big deal

@Aieris
I think u don't get the point. If one player get one 1char/ transmute in about 1-2 months, and another 5 transmute in the same time, thats the problem.. And PvP makes just a difference when leveling open world.. When u encounter 5 multibox-chars the owner con one or maybe two-shot you.. You can't tell anyone that this is simply unfair..
Bankslots? WTF make another twink run into your city and send him a few bags thats obv the most common way to store your stuff.. If i would keep everything in my mail account i would lose my overview..

are you really that stupid? on last kronos multibox in pvp was already forbidden.. what else do you want? they can't mess up the ranking if they aren't allowed to join bg's or go for worldpvp.. i think they only were allowed to defend themselves if they were attacked from other ppl in the first place, which is totally fine

and there is absolutely no big influence on the economy.. if you forbid multiboxing then people will start to level alts up to lvl 35 for cooldowns, that's what some hardcore players did back then and even on last kronos and it costs pretty much the same time

not to mention those organized bank slots, cause mails are soooooo unorganized compared to those multiboxed characters
what a big threat those multiboxers:rolleyes2:

1: there are currently no in-game rules about multiboxing, so how do you expect new players to know the rule regarding multibox pvp in BG and world pvp ?

2: it is much faster leveling 5 at once rather than 1 by 1 by 1. and no, at this point i am sure you didn't play back then since practically no-one used multibox back then due to lack of the software, and the cost. very few did it and they paid for the software that later became cheaper and at last free, you saw max 1 multiboxer a week if he was very active but it could easy take months before you saw him again.

3: you see 10 items per page, each individual mail can last up to max 30 days and then gets deleted, can you remember every single item on every page once you get past 10-20 stored in mail ? rather than having accounts where the only difference is the name where you add -herb -bank -potion ? trading is instant, mailing takes 60 min.

note: blizzard weren't known for being naive but rather paranoid and greedy so do you think they would ever have allowed multi-boxing if it was free :wacko: the thought would send a chill down their spine and make them break out in cold sweat. The game was developed around the term 1 player = 1 character, that is also the reason you cannot log in on multiple characters on a single account even if you pay. they allowed multibox since they get money for all expansions + the monthly fee.

this servers aim is to be blizzlike and as close as possible to the original vanilla 1.12.1 feeling, and back then multi-box was as good as extinct, making it free will turn it into ED where every 20-50th player is a multiboxer.

Playing 1 char to level 35 will take at least 2 days played.. And multibox them, is no matter how u will twist and turn it 5 times faster. And im just talking about economical issues i didn't even started to make up my mind about endgame pvp. Just the concern about a broken economy is enough for me to ban it entirely.

Not to mention that you benefit from the groups EP bonus if you do a 5 man multibox. Effectively you get more EP per mob per player.

Not to mention you can farm rep faster than others since it is not reduced while in group and you can kill faster.
or farm elites for drops at "light's chapel" as if it where nothing.

fact is that it has the potential to threaten the balance in multiple ways, you can decide to look away but it wont change the balance problem. :wink:

Last edited:
I don't understand what you have with 30 days lasting mail? Just send your stuff to the alt, relog and store it in his bank/bags - simply enough.

Furthermore.. Multiboxing is still something, that EVERYONE can do, so it's not advantage/disadvantage. It's just your choise...

I, for example, don't like mages, i don't want to play it and i don't want to play against it so i suggest here - Ban everyone who create mage.. That's nearly the same.

You want a realm that has the same trades as a retail vanilla realm. Multiboxing might or might not ruin the economy.
It was a rare case back then, but is piss easy now. Thats the problem people are having with it. It has no downside for you.
If you run 5 clients all on your own, fair enought. If you use ANY 3rd party tool (key copy or w/e) its blatant cheating imo.

don't confuse having an alt or two(or eight) with multiboxing

I will not read the whole thread as I've grown tired of some posters, but, for example, I don't see how multiboxing has anything to do with bank space, so I have no idea why it keeps popping up in this discussion.

(that wasn't a question. don't try to explain it. it really has nothing to do with it)

well then there is only one solution if people are having problems with how easy multibox is nowadays..
just bring back something like 5 €/month per account and it will help kronos even more.. you can't fix multiboxing with a program that everyone has to install for the login or ip bans and then talk about blizzlike..a private server will always stay a private server and so you have to live with the fact that there are more multiboxers than there were retail

i would be really surprised how many people would kronos give a chance then.. i wouldn't even have a problem with that since i don't like multiboxing aswell, but i don't have problems with them
but if you want to fix something to become blizzlike then you can only do it by using blizzlike mechanics and not by inventing other programms or ipbans like it was suggested in this topic, very easy
other than that ppl are lying to beat the band

@Donkingz

they cannot set a price on the account, that would make it illegal and blizzard could/would sue them, that is the reason why they can only accept donations. private servers can never accept payment for it but donation is a different story.

also adding a price would severely reduce the amount who would come to the server.

Last edited:
i already know it, but thanks anyway..

of course ppl would stay away then, i just wanted to say that you can't forbid multiboxing on a private server, but you can make some rules and they already existed on last kronos and worked

to sum it up, you shouldn't worry that much with ideas like a programm which scans pc if you have 2 wow windows open at a time or ip bans because multiboxers already get bans if more than 1 character with same ip qeues for bg, also world pvp is forbidden with multibox as i said before.. only thing is they should be allowed to defend themselves if they get attacked in the first place and that's what they were allowed to i think

i don't see any serious problem with multiboxers..

If you run 5 clients all on your own, fair enought. If you use ANY 3rd party tool (key copy or w/e) its blatant cheating imo.
Agree.
I find it somewhat contradictory that people who want to play on a 1x rate vanilla server are at the same time ok with the idea of broadcasting-program-powered multiboxing.
I understand that admins don't like the idea of setting specific rules for just one realm of the project, but I think there are some arguments that justify the ban of 3rd party programs on a vanilla server. Vanilla consists of much more grinding than any other expansion, even the leveling process requires a fair amount of it.
Vanilla also required more farming and reputation grinding than the later expansions. The War Effort is a good example for it. Also, farming was the only viable way to earn money during vanilla. These things are facilitated by the use of multiboxing programs.
Of course, there will still be only very few players who will actually use such programs, regardless of the advantags. I agree with all of you saying that this won't be much of an issue. But if there are only so few multiboxers, where's the problem with banning broadcasting programs? It's like closing a tax loophole only a small fraction of society is using.

well if they took away key-copy, 3rd party software from multiboxing then the amount who multibox would drop and the effectiveness would drop as well.

guess amrod's idea is quite good, simply banning all 3rd party broadcasting software :smile:

purged the thread of some 1v1 flame.

you know what's best guys, you can bring up your points, but you don't have to convince others to share your opinion. because you don't have to make the decision. so, keep it classy ;)

Last edited:
As convenient as it is, and as much as I've done it myself, maybe multiboxing should be made illegal since it's a free server. I mean, it wasnt so common on retail, so why should it be common-place here. I'm aware of an Everquest server that doesn't allow players on a single IP to connect from multiple clients unless if they've received special permission to do so.

EQ players know what it means to go hard, and not allow their game to degenerate by allowing little conveniences like that in. EQ is a game that doesn't even have maps. I say we shouldn't be pussies, and we should do it.

Last edited:
Is there some kind of documentation what kind of multiboxing population can be found on the private servers that allow it? I'm pro-multiboxing but it would indeed be quite unwanted to have majority of the player base consisting of multiboxers...

From ur guy point of view level tailoring/alchemy on 5 char take no time and effort :p

Not a fan of multi-boxing. I think it's unhealthy for the server. In retail Vanilla, I almost never saw multi-boxers. Especially not teams of 5. This server being free, there isn't the added fees acting as a prohibitor to these actions.

Top Bottom