• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Multiboxer WickedWarrior/WickedShadow

having more than one client running and alt tabbing between accounts is allowed. just no form of 3rd party software or addon to assist with synchronized actions is allowed. So a mere screenshot showing someone is breaking the rules isn't going to cut it.

You'll have to catch a person using synchronized actions with more than one character on a few fights, recorded in a video for it to stick.

Well, multiboxing is actually allowed as long as you use alt-tab between windows and do not use any third party software to share actions across all accounts at once.

Told me he was multiboxing which to my knowledge, is bannable, and is against the rules?
The to update your knowledge:

- It is strictly forbidden to play (do quests, level up, play PvP) with more than one character at the same time using third party software (only on Kronos)

Just someone on Follow at the Auction House is not.

PS: its Wickedwarior

Last edited:
Afik questing, farming, dungeons (maybe PVP but good luck with alt+tab) should be fine.

Without 3rd party software dual/multi boxing is very hard to take advantage over the other player or farm instance/resources (which is the main reason multiboxing isnt allowed?)

Hell SFK took me 2.5hrs/2wipes last night to complete.

Currently,

- questing, levelling, farming mobs, playing pvp, gathering herbs/ores with alttab priest on follow is fine.
- what is forbidden is when the two characters perform actions simultaneously.

The mechanics behind this is that it takes some time for you to use Warrior and cast Charge, alt-tab to Priest, cast Power Word: Shield/Renew/Smite/whatever and alt-tab back to your Warrior to control him again. It becomes increasingly difficult to do this fast when you have to do complicated things like targeting two enemies and there is always some time lag. Even a very fast response will take usually 0.1 delay + the delay of your system activating the other window, possibly even drawing what's going on the screen + delay between keypresses and signal transferrence.

Controlling your other character via automated commands or cloned keypresses won't have any delay, so for example Charging and casting Smite will both happen at the same milisecond, which is nearly impossible for humans and even more impossible to do repeatedly.

If you do not trust someone, you don't like/can't record, the easiest way to check is to write /combatlog. This will create a Log folder in your WoW directory, which will contain a combatlog.txt file and that will include all actions your combatlog observed with miliseconds until you logged out from WoW.

If I recall, there was a looped(?) macro used to hump a corpse (the repeatable /sit on face)

If you loop some master-macro logic for (2nd client) using some vanilla-way (if it even possible) with no 3rd party software... macro like support/assist you and stuff. Would it still be "offensive"?

That is a question someone has yet to answer to me aswell.
There is an addon which lets your character do things like follow by getting whispered. Theoretically, expanding that addon would allow you to control your toon with whisper commands, which can then be bound to macros and you know what would come after that.

Top Bottom