• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman My Road to a Successful Resto Shaman

Silverapples

Hey guys! I just hit 60 earlier today (Thankyou XP event!) and I would love nothing more than to be a well performing resto shaman and be sought after in dungeons and raids. My current problem is, that like many others who hit 60 in a few short days, my gear is nowhere near good enough to jump right in to healing DM/Scholo etc. :sad:

I was hoping some of you fellow shaman could give me some pointers and advice on what my next steps should be. What items should I be farming for? And what do you guys think my stats should roughly look like before i attempt to heal level 60 5 mans? How much +healingpower +mp5 and mana should I aim for?

It would be awesome if you guys could give me some names of items that are fairly easily obtainable so that I can be on my way to topping the healing meters, or at least preventing my group from wiping.

I'm willing to farm for whatever mats I can or do whatever quest chains I need to get there, but the one thing I definitely don't have a lot of is gold, so anything off the AH is pretty much out of the question at this point.

Also on a side note, if someone could link me a solid lower gear level 5 man healing spec that'd be awesome!
Thankyou all for taking the time to read all of this, I hope to see you guys in game! :biggrin:

Another off topic question to add: What is a decent way to make some quick gold? I'm talking about grinding mobs for drops or anything else. I have 230 fishing on an alt and max herb aswell as 280 alchemy. I still don't have at least half of my spells and I'm guessing it will be upwards of 50g to train them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not an expert in resto shaman but if you have really low gear, a decent manapool should be your first goal. Then focus on +heal amd mp5. Mp5 gets more important in raids.
To find decent quest rewards go to the twinstar database and use the filters.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?items#0+3+1

For example choose the following filters: chest, uncommon and rare, chest, (item)level 45-(blank)
After you searched press on “Req.“ until the the items without required lvl (=quest rewards) are on top. Click on the item to find out which quest gives this reward.

I hope this is somehow helpful.

Even though it is from penix this guide is pretty good imo:
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/15129-the-egregious-guide-to-resto-shaman/page-1#

For 5mans you dont even need bonus heal or mp5, just intel gear. Dont overestimate them. Any decent group makes sure to help you with cc and stuff.

If you have like 3k mana or dont feel confident, do a lot of BRD. Easy, and offers a lot of gear

Top Bottom