• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

NA Melee PvP is still straight garbage

Hotslice

Authorized
I've been complaining about this for months but never made a video to show you what I'm talking about. So here it is.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124022148

Please ignore the generally poor gameplay as I'm really just trying to test how it feels trying to get in melee range of someone. This is not a cherry picked video, I just recorded it in the first WSG I hopped into. Otherwise I could show you much worse. Here are some relevant timestamps:

00:05 - I charge someone WHO IS SITTING DOWN DRINKING, my white swing doesn't even go off and I can never hamstring him despite mashing it ASAP.

00:37 - Same deal, I charge a guy who's mounted, I am visually in range of him but my white swing never goes off and I can never hamstring him before he runs away.

At the end of the video you can see the dreaded out of range error on my charge, addon auto dismounts me but then I'm not allowed to charge, then the player walks through my character while I receive out of range / player must be in front of you errors.

HERES ANOTHER ONE
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124027116
Notice how the European player is visually in front of me as I hamstring him, so I have to back up slightly to be in melee, and then he is able to instantly Wing Clip me and then I instantly get Out of Range errors on my Mortal Strike. This is probably the most infuriating of them all.

AND ANOTHER ONE
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124035956
See how I receive "too close" errors when I back up to intercept, despite my client telling me I am far enough away. See how I miss several hamstring GCDs despite mashing it "ability is not ready yet".

HERE COMES THE PART WHERE I TALK ABOUT ELYSIUM
I've been playing on Anathema, and while the server is generally worse in many other areas, the PvP is infinitely more playable. When I charge someone, my white swing goes off instantly when I am visually in range, and then I can instantly hamstring them. On Elysium charge is bugged in the opposite way as Kronos - it often goes too far, causing me to run through my target. Nonetheless, I am able to white swing AND hamstring my target while charging through them there. I rarely have issues with rubber banding or out of range errors there and the whole experience is generally much more pleasant. The ping difference is only 170 (k1) to 140 (elysium), which is not enough to explain the vast difference in behavior.

Elysium video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124028557
Notice how my white swing goes off instantly after I charge. Notice how I was able to hamstring everyone after closing range. Notice how I never receive out of range / wrong facing errors when the enemy is visually in front of my character on my client. In multiple places in the video I am slowed by a mage or rogue and then I'm still able to melee and use abilities on someone who is in front of me.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124033425
Notice how I never receive wrong facing errors against a juking target who is ACCORDING TO MY CLIENT in front of me. Notice how at 00:11 I immediately can intercept after going around the corner clientside. Notice how at 00:14 I get crippling poison but I can still hit him. Notice how at 00:17 I am able to get rage from a white swing just as he goes out of range according to my client. On Kronos this encounter would have gone very, very differently.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124037734
:03 I can actually run away from him, my charge indicator goes red meaning he is within 8 yards, but I don't get melee hit. This would never happen on Kronos - if someone is that close to me on Kronos, then they were already in range and my client just didn't know it yet.

:04 I can jump, 180, dismount, and charge as soon as I hit the ground. Can't do this on Kronos. Too laggy.

:07 I can jump, 180, intercept. I start the jump too close for intercept but go far enough away during the jump that I can then intercept. Can't do this on Kronos. Too laggy.

I could make more videos along this line, and I'd be happy to if the devs request. I'd also be happy to help test any potential fixes. This is the #1 thing ruining the Kronos experience for me right now.

Last edited:
i think if a dev were to play a warrior in 1 battleground, charge and intercept would be fixed immediately

easily the most infuriating thing to deal with as a warrior on kronos

Charge and intercept are a problem for all warriors, but the fact that my character is always lagging far behind what shows on my screen is a purely NA issue. In the linked videos where my white swing doesn't even occur and I'm never allowed to hamstring - this is what I'm complaining about.

In the past I would have just dealt with it, but now that I've tried another server and seen that it doesn't have to be this way, I'm 100% sure that there is something with the server code that is causing it to be handled this way.

Shout out for all the dagger rogues out there too

It gets especially wacky on npc's, literally looping for a chance at backstab due to the (intended?) stunned npc's rear 180 positional/graphic misplacement bug

in pvp if I can't lock down the target or get lucky with rank 2 crippling psn into kidney, I am so easily kited it's a joke. and I'm sitting right on top of the guy, close enough for leeway mechanic to kick in for sure.

I should be getting those backstabs and gouges in on a fleeing target, but instead it's out of range spam, it drives me nuts.

I am a tea chugger b/c of this :w00t:

Is your ms the same on both servers? Cause mine is about 100 higher here.

My theory is that every person online gives the server 1 ms. Which is why my ms is usually about 200 HA!

Or maybe they are hosting the server out of a storage shed.

Top Bottom