• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Naxxramas Dates – PTR, Scourge Invasion, and the Full Release!

Chero

Kronos Administrator
naxx-banner-wide.png

Dear Community,

As the end of Q3 approaches, many of you are rightfully asking for an update on Naxxramas. We have finalized all of the release dates, times, and many of the small details that you have all been asking for. There has been a deviation from our originally announced timeline, but the delay is fairly short and the result is that Naxxramas will truly be the highest quality raid content we have ever released on Kronos. The full schedule is outlined in detail here, along with a calendar to help better visualize the timeline.

Last edited:
Chero, will all buffs be purged as we pass through the portal, or will just certain buffs get purged?

Thanks for listenning to your community by disabling worldbuffs and giving dmg/hp boost to trash and some bosses.
Looking forward to it !!
I hope worldbuffs will be disabled forever !

Highly appreciating these news. What you write about difficulty sounds like a fair compromise for both sides that were arguing. Thank you for listening to your community!

Chero, will all buffs be purged as we pass through the portal, or will just certain buffs get purged?

I don't believe we have an exact list yet, but I'd say it's safe to say that any of the major buffs you'd consider useful that come from the world will be wiped upon zone in.

I hope worldbuffs will be disabled forever !
I wouldn't count on it, but then again if 95% of the guilds that step in Naxx clear it without buffs then I suppose anything can happen.

Hopefully just the latter. Purging all buffs would certainly be a hassle if you pre-buff outside before running to the raid portal

edit: nvm was just answered :)

Last edited:
I don't believe we have an exact list yet, but I'd say it's safe to say that any of the major buffs you'd consider useful that come from the world will be wiped upon zone in.

Could you please make it so that ALL buffs are removed? Otherwise you will have people competing in who can gather more chars with the buffs that you possibly forgot to include.

People can buff up once inside the dungeon.

Could you please make it so that ALL buffs are removed? Otherwise you will have people competing in who can gather more chars with the buffs that you possibly forgot to include.

not warchief's blessing though

It will have been a little over a quarter of a decade journey by the time of release, and it will have felt even longer, thank you for keeping your word and bringing this to a close, as well as for the update!

P.S. Do please post the list of disabled buffs at some point.
If you decide to simply remove all buffs, fair warning that players may be less than pleased should they discover that, upon breaking out to summon, to clear griefers, to have players respec or even by mistake, they lose their Flasks and other, similarly valuable buffs. Of course, we, in Synced, do not mind either way, we will have plenty of Alts posted outside and enough consumables, but you may want to consider that other guilds might suffer more from being kept on such a leash.

The specific list of buffs that will be removed upon entering Naxxramas will not be made public, but at the moment it includes 33 different buffs that all require you to be at a particular location in the game to acquire them. If there are some lesser-known effects you are worried might not be included in the list that you worry could have an impact, then feel free to PM me.

Disabling buffs forever, or for a long time would hurt the server. The need for Heads and Hearts is part of the motivation for running old raids as well as levelling alts. It could also lead to hardcore raid-logging since not that much prep is needed.

Naxx is released at the same time as Ares... coincidence? I think not! When someone clears naxx on the first day the can instantly start to lvl on ares ;)

Disabling buffs forever, or for a long time would hurt the server. The need for Heads and Hearts is part of the motivation for running old raids as well as levelling alts. It could also lead to hardcore raid-logging since not that much prep is needed.

This will affect only Naxxramas, none of the old raids.

Could you please make it so that ALL buffs are removed? Otherwise, you will have people competing in who can gather more chars with the buffs that you possibly forgot to include.

We were indeed thinking about this version, too. However, if you have to respec or get into your bank, your buffs would be gone, which might be kinda frustrating.

The specific list of buffs that will be removed upon entering Naxxramas will not be made public, but at the moment it includes 33 different buffs that all require you to be at a particular location in the game to acquire them. If there are some lesser-known effects you are worried might not be included in the list that you worry could have an impact, then feel free to PM me.

So basically what you are triggering in autists of all guilds is to buff up to the complete max in hopes of a buff slipping through your list. Either wipe all non player based auras upon zoning in or work with someone within the playerbase torelease a list of said buffs that is complete. Especially with your last sentence you make it sound like there might be some buffs you don't deem impactful enough to be banned that can be acquired and won't be lost upon zoning in.

Naxx is released at the same time as Ares... coincidence? I think not! When someone clears naxx on the first day the can instantly start to lvl on ares ;)

I would like to ask how this even happened. I get that you are separate projects and everything, but this seems almost intentional. What benefit does this serve either project when you are both servers under the same parent organisation?

I was looking forward to nerding it up on Ares but I guess that's cancelled now. Yeah Naxx is cool too, but this honestly does complicate things.

I would like to ask how this even happened. I get that you are separate projects and everything, but this seems almost intentional. What benefit does this serve either project when you are both servers under the same parent organisation?

I was looking forward to nerding it up on Ares but I guess that's cancelled now. Yeah Naxx is cool too, but this honestly does complicate things.
I think it's just Saturday, but who knows. Indeed, it's shame that the same people won't be able to rush to Naxx on the first day of Naxx and to the TBC on the first day of TBC. Maybe Kronos doesn't want too many people to go Ares? Maybe Kronos TBC is incoming sooner than in 2 years..?

Or maybe Ares is cancelled? Honestly, the amount of hype around it makes me suspect.

Last edited:

There is no benefit, and it was 100% unintentional. Just happened to fall on the same day. We could have changed the Naxx release day. But, if we released past the date then players would complain of the delay. If we released before, people have jobs so releasing mid week for a raid would be bad for the average player base.

World buffs should be enabled again after 3-4 weeks.
There is no "set" time for us to enable them, but know that we will be keeping a very close eye on progression and discuss on a weekly basis after a few weeks have passed.

I was looking forward to nerding it up on Ares but I guess that's cancelled now.
Nothing will stop you from not playing on Ares. Hell, even I will be levelling a toon there (when I am not spectating in raids ensuring bugs aren't happening and other GM/RL stuff)

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you Kronos, for making the right decision regarding Naxx difficulty as for all your hard work to make that possible.

Top Bottom