• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Naxxramas Updates, Kronos III, and Kronos TBC

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Community,

Naxxramas has been cleared and we have lots of exciting news to share. First, we'd like to congratulate Vanguard on their server first kill of Kel'Thuzad! We know this was not an easy feat and we have been amazed at the effort so many of you have put into your progression through Naxxramas. We're aware of the concerns around the difficulty of the raid, and while we have our own opinions on the content, we're looking to you, the community, to provide some feedback on your experience so far. Please thoroughly read this forum post, and vote on the poll: https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/120871-The-Question-of-Naxxramas-Difficulty-Vol-2

A small but significant change is being made to Plaguebloom, which will be live on the next server update. These changes include additional nodes and a more randomized timer, similar to how Black Lotus works. You should expect to see Plaguebloom more frequently when roaming the zones that they spawn in, and the increased supply should provide some relief to the high prices.

With all vanilla content now released, there has been a lot of chatter about what is next for Kronos. We've hinted about upcoming projects, and we'd now like to confirm our plans for the future.

In late Q1 / early Q2 we will launch Kronos III -- a fresh vanilla WoW server with a 15-18 month content release timeline. By launching Kronos III on a platform that has seen thousands of hours of development, our team will be able to focus on features and fixes that we know the community will look forward to. All future development work not directly associated with content timelines will be pushed to both Kronos and Kronos III simultaneously. More details around what to expect from Kronos III, including the exact release date will be announced in the next 6-10 weeks.

We've also started work on Kronos TBC, which will allow players to continue their journey into the Burning Crusade. Kronos TBC will be based on the Kronos core, meaning that it will inherit all of the fixes made to the Kronos servers. Kronos TBC will launch on the 2.0.1 patch (TBC Talents, level cap of 60), allowing new players an opportunity to join and catch up to all of the characters copied from Kronos and Kronos III. Some more details on Kronos TBC will be announced in the coming months.

For the immediate future, Kronos 1 will continue to see development efforts in the way of bug fixes and quality of life changes. We will continue to closely monitor the suggestions forum and look for changes that can be made to improve the overall player experience. Currently, we're assessing some of the PvP suggestions, and we look forward to the other ideas that are presented in the future.

- The Kronos Team

Naxxramas has been cleared and we have lots of exciting news to share. First, we'd like to congratulate Vanguard on their server first kill of Kel'Thuzad

Thanks Chero
image.jpg

Kronos+K3 Merge when?
))

Last edited:
I don't want to be too negative but announcing the release of a fresh Vanilla, relatively soon, could badly hurt the current server. The only way it won't is if TBC is coming soon also. Which would surprise me.

Btw, K3 should hereafter be referred to as KKK.

I'll be rolling on Kronos III. A fresh start will be nice. :biggrin:

What does this mean for the current kronos server, I hope it will not be transformed into a tbc server, or will kronos remain vanilla 1.12 with the opportunity to copy a character to a new seperate 'kronos tbc' server?
I hope Kronos will remain vanilla since i have no interest in playing tbc and after investing so much time it would mean a sad finale to see the vanilla kronos disappear

Thank you very much for the update. It appears that for people that only enjoy vanilla content, the world is coming to a literal end. The players that look forward to a BC server that doesn't run the same code as Ares and want to transfer their characters have a big treat waiting for them. For people wanting BC in general with the Kronos team heading it up, they're getting their wish. But for the existing players on K1 that do not want BC, they'll see their realm pop deflate after the current players that want BC set up their mats & alts, only to log off until the BC launches.

Other players that wanted just vanilla that started up recently after the civil war between two other projects went down now have to make a choice. Stay and develop characters for BC, or take off until K3 launches. I get the feeling that there was no way of pleasing everyone, because it's ultimately the players that make their own decisions and population rises and falls, out of the hands of the server staff.

I just don't think K1 will survive. Somewhat concerned about a limited population being even more scattered, but it will be what it will be. Overall, I think each of these worlds will be much smaller overall than Kronos is right now. Could be wrong, probably am (about K3). But... who knows.

Thank you for staff's developing, but I consider that it will ruin the K1 server
As we know, K1 doesn't have enough large scale ppl.
If open K3 and let K1 be able to transfer to K3, K1's population will be leeched to nothing
And in addition, some ppl who is like to me, come here just want to play vanilla lv60 content and don't want to play other expansion by progress
(fxxking arena / Resilience / fly mount of wow)
Please keep K3 fresh and not let K1's ppl transfer to K3, thanks

I think after blizzard announcement about vanilla, devs think that people wanna play vanilla retail will come here and practise best way to lvl up etc until actually retail game release

K3 having a fast progression would be interesting, as people can't just rely on gear they farmed in aq40 for over a year. Maybe people will go back to DKP when they realize not everyone will have a chance to gear up before the next raid is released.

Obviously transfer from k1 to K3 would defeat the purpose and make no sense.

I won't play on tbc. I am here for vanilla. I might roll on K3 though.

[video=youtube;SZdVWKM1ILs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZdVWKM1ILs[/video]

New pvp vid on K3 hype?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to be too negative but announcing the release of a fresh Vanilla, relatively soon, could badly hurt the current server. The only way it won't is if TBC is coming soon also. Which would surprise me.

Btw, K3 should hereafter be referred to as KKK.

My guess is that with the qol changes on K1 they might make it a high rate server. It would make alot of sense imo. Next year in Q2 the progressiion for most guilds is over. Only way to get newcomers is by make it easier for them to catch up. Anyone wanting to start from zero and progress slowly will go to K3 anyway. Look at how long the feenix server warsong survived even with so much bugs and unkillable KT

Looking forward to play on k3, but please have a look at the annoying aspects of the server like pathing, view distance and evade mechanism.

Gl with the upcoming plans, ill definitely join.

Rip K1, nail in the coffin

Whatever, RL taking over anyway, now I know not to come back :/

Seriously what's the point of gearing up in naxx on this flogged red headed step child of a server.

Thanks for all the man hours and service, but for real you're spanking your core player base

why do ppl care if k1 dies? its at the end of its lifecycle anyways.. i myself am super stoked about a fresh kronos, cant wait!!

k1 will lose players regardless of k3 or kronos tbc
nobody expects new players to keep coming when everyone around them is full t3 and its certain that people currently playing will slowly start to play less/quit. pvp is dead anyway and naxx hype will slowly decline after few more weeks.

it's a good call to release a fast-paced new version of kronos, hopefully with some additional fixes and care for pvp included:smile:

k1 will lose players regardless of k3 or kronos tbc
nobody expects new players to keep coming when everyone around them is full t3 and its certain that people currently playing will slowly start to play less/quit. pvp is dead anyway and naxx hype will slowly decline after few more weeks.

it's a good call to release a fast-paced new version of kronos, hopefully with some additional fixes and care for pvp included:smile:

I think K1 will become similar to feenix warsong, but better quality. Some ppl will stay and progress in naxx and core of a few pvper will fight it out with their full t3 gear. Only chance of getting new players to k1 is by making it high xp rate and boost pvp with que command and some gold for pvp marks. This is what kept me playing on warsong, because you gained more then just useless honor for pvp. Ranking gear is barely interesting when you can gear with aq and bwl gear within a month when joining a good guild.

i dont get it, you mean they will remove the kronos 1 server? that would be ridiculous
Whether the population amount on Kronos 1 will decrease or not does not really concern me, in our guild we have alot of people who are interested solely in playing vanilla and that is enough, my only concern is that the same thing will happen to kronos as what happened to the feenix vanilla server, namely they just turned the vanilla server into tbc, which would be utterly horrible, i have no interest in starting all over after investing so much time in it for over a year, and if some people so desperately want to play tbc, i hope they'll make a seperate server outside of kronos 1 or either let those people go play on a tbc server...

i dont get it, you mean they will remove the kronos 1 server? that would be ridiculous
Whether the population amount on Kronos 1 will decrease or not does not really concern me, in our guild we have alot of people who are interested solely in playing vanilla and that is enough, my only concern is that the same thing will happen to kronos as what happened to the feenix vanilla server, namely they just turned the vanilla server into tbc, which would be utterly horrible, i have no interest in starting all over after investing so much time in it for over a year, and if some people so desperately want to play tbc, i hope they'll make a seperate server outside of kronos 1 or either let those people go play on a tbc server...

The following will happen in this order:
1: K3 will be opened
2: K1 will get some quality of live improvements (god lnows which)
3: Kronos TBC will open amd you can copy your characters from K1 and K3 there
4: K1 and K3 will stay as they are forever

I noticed that there was no mention of race change, have you dropped it or do you have an ETA for it?

Sorry but I'm disappointed with the news of a K3 release. IMO the general amount of active players on twinstar doesn't support a new server. Its not that we have a stable 4k population.

After the release, K1 will probably slowly die out, all new players will start on K3 anyways and twinking on K1 will not be fun, because theres no one for instances.

Why cant everything not stay the same for a while? In the past few weeks I really had a good feeling about population and Naxx hype was cool.
We have so much to do in Naxx and the instance still needs all the polish and attention from devs it can get. It will take at least 6 months for the avarage to get all the gear and even then I'd be interested in getting geared a second toon.

Top Bottom