• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Naxxramas Updates, Kronos III, and Kronos TBC

thankyou, i appreciate the reply

I hope those adjustments wont include changing the leveling rate as some here mentioned

there exist many loyal Kronos 1 players who are satisfied with the way the server is loyal to vanilla 1.12 and will stay regardless of population fluctuations or whatever 'hypes'

General comment:
Some marketing and good communication will be needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep posts like this one up.

Suggestion for K1 (not everyone would agree, but still):
permanently make the XP rates higher at some point (closing them transfers of course): old x1 server can only die slowly, while an x5-x100 server can attract decent amount of new players for years.
Give a vanity item (Spectral Tiger..?) to those who are 60 before the rates increase.

I thought it's too early for K3, but with Blizz announcement, it's probably the best thing to do. I'd even vote for early Q1 release - don't see any real reason to wait.

Last edited:
They shouldn't have announced K3 this early. Keep it on the backburner even if they are planning it. It's a huge blunder. Why should people continue to level now? For myself, I was levelling on the opposite faction and have already lost the motivation to continue seeing as K3 will come out not long after I hit 60. The levelling pop will really die out a month or two before that. The administration did not think this through.

They shouldn't have announced K3 this early. Keep it on the backburner even if they are planning it. It's a huge blunder. Why should people continue to level now? For myself, I was levelling on the opposite faction and have already lost the motivation to continue seeing as K3 will come out not long after I hit 60. The levelling pop will really die out a month or two before that. The administration did not think this through.

While I understand, I believe you would be saddened more, if you would realize that K3 is planned very soon after you would hit lvl 60. This is the lesser pain in my opinion for you.

We are trying to give enough time to the players, to decide what they want to do.

Last edited:
While I understand, I believe you would be saddened more, if you would realize that K3 is planned very soon after you would hit lvl 60. This is the lesser pain in my opinion for you.

We are trying to give enough time to the players, to decide what they want to do.

If you leave the announcement close to the release date players would continue to level and do the raids without knowing, in the back of their minds, that everyone is going to leave in a few months. Those running Naxx now probably wouldn't mind since they'll be done farming it and ready for a new start. People would leave naturally but all this does is hasten the exodus.

Dear Community,
(...)
We will continue to closely monitor the suggestions forum and look for changes that can be made to improve the overall player experience. Currently, we're assessing some of the PvP suggestions, and we look forward to the other ideas that are presented in the future.

- The Kronos Team

You could start by removing deserter debuff for leaving queue.

It is about the journey, not the destination. Everything may change tomorrow, but that won't prevent you from having fun now while leveling. Which will take you 1 month, true.

You could start by removing deserter debuff for leaving queue.
C'mon, it sucks on current Kronos, but it'll be absolutely relevant for Kronos III, which is very likely to have premades trying to dodge each other (and the feature will stop them from).

Edit: realized that you probably meant to remove it from the current Kronos, sorry.

^^^^
This

It is about the journey, not the destination. Everything may change tomorrow, but that won't prevent you from having fun now while leveling. Which will take you 1 month, true.
Your reply totally made me recall a quote:
"Maybe it's not the destination that matters. Maybe it's the journey. If that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be, or any people I'd rather be with." - Harry Kim

"Maybe it's not the destination that matters. Maybe it's the journey. If that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be, or any people I'd rather be with." - Harry Kim

Ya, you should say that to new players who are about to join K1, like in this thread.

That's beautiful, I just might weep. :crying:

I need a little break from Vanilla (and MMO's in general), to renew my love of the game. So this is actually perfect for me, and I appreciate the advanced notice of what you guys are planning. Going to take a breather, enjoy some real life, and come back itching for Vanilla.... see you all on Kronos 3 launch day!! :w00t:

Ya, you should say that to new players who are about to join K1, like in this thread.

You mean the large volume of new players that look to join fully progressed servers that have no more content to release? I get your point but the bottom line is that population growth from this point out is going to be minimal at best. I'm not dismaying anyone from rolling here, I'd welcome it. But facts are facts.

And there is no solid model to work from, it's all attempts to keep something alive and churning forward. Therefore, I can appreciate the efforts of the devs. What I know they continue to be pretty determined about it quality. To me, Kronos has always been the No-Shit Server (compliment).

Anyhow, for me it is about journey, not outcome. TIme and time again, people who are only focused on outcome reach it and are piss-poor miserable. Look at the way the retail community has been so unhappy for so damn long after they 'consume content'.

fresh starts are always the best part about vanilla servers
pvp becomes so retarded after BWL

So by the time retail 'vanilla' hype dies down we'll have a new server to bleed the playerbase, yet again

and for sure no merge this time due to vast content difference

Feenix survived for what, 5 years cause it didnt want to release KT?
but after KT dies only 6 times (to my current knowledge) on Kronos, it has to announce a brand new server to cater to the kind of people who will be quick to abandon the grind.

how is this a good idea again?

@ Davros, Screw you. Not saying my time was wasted here, but I am one of people who were hyped for original re release and stayed loyal even through the worst of what this server has offered its playerbase.
I don't care to have my honest opinion blown off by someone that has the need to save face and blame others for critical server issues.

Think of K3 as a business move. It's a very efficient way attract new players. More players = more Twinstars, to put it in a cynical way. Beneficial for the admins.

K3 players are going to have some fresh fun. Beneficial for K3 players.

K1 players are going to suffer the pop decline, but will be able to enjoy more players on Kronos TBC to play with. Sucks for K1 players, but beneficial too.

They can't please everyone in every aspect anyway.

What does this mean for the current kronos server, I hope it will not be transformed into a tbc server, or will kronos remain vanilla 1.12 with the opportunity to copy a character to a new seperate 'kronos tbc' server?
I hope Kronos will remain vanilla since i have no interest in playing tbc and after investing so much time it would mean a sad finale to see the vanilla kronos disappear

Just like retail! Much Blizzlike! Purists, rejoice!

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh, this guy has got it.

Lvling to 60 is the real game; the real adventure. Endgame was just invented to keep people paying subs.

I am looking forward to play in K3 and I raid naxxramas atm. Really, all you special snowflakes who either don't want a new server or want your ubergeared characters copied, get over it. When you play at such a private server as this vanilla one, you know there is a start (Molten Core) and an end (Naxxramas). There's nothing more to wait for.

New players want to feel as equal as possible to the others, at least gearwise, when they are about to roll on a new server. Besides, it's not that K1 is being shut down or anything. You can stay idle at IF/Org and fap to your epics/legendaries all day if you like. I, for one, will enjoy starting from scratch once again, wiping at at 5mans and MC because that's the vanilla i like.

@admins Please, think before adding items such as Lionheart crafts, rockfury bracers etc so SOON this time. They are supposed to be released at a specific time, later in the game, for a reason.

A new server isn't the problem. It's the timing. Kronos announced this thinking they will pick up all the hyped players coming from retail. Those players want to play NOW, not in 3-4 months whenever K3 comes out. They come here with the intention of rolling but then see the announcement of a fresh server. So what do they do? Waste time levelling here or go to the other, more famous server? They're gonna go to the other server and get established. If they had have just kept this announcement to themselves those players would have happily rolled here, even at this late stage of progression.

The perfect time to announce this would have been 3 months down the line when Naxx is on farm and people are wondering what to do next.

A new server isn't the problem. It's the timing. Kronos announced this thinking they will pick up all the hyped players coming from retail. Those players want to play NOW, not in 3-4 months whenever K3 comes out. They come here with the intention of rolling but then see the announcement of a fresh server. So what do they do? Waste time levelling here or go to the other, more famous server? They're gonna go to the other server and get established. If they had have just kept this announcement to themselves those players would have happily rolled here, even at this late stage of progression.

The perfect time to announce this would have been 3 months down the line when Naxx is on farm and people are wondering what to do next.

Low level player numbers (aka facts) disagree with your assessment.

Top Bottom