• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Need help configuring discord action bars

Tapwater

I have four questions/issues.
The first is I don't know the dependency structure for discord. Do I need "discord library" to run any discord interface? At first I tried running all of the discord UI mods contained in the discord collection but alas I got the "using more than 48 mb of memory" error so I disabled some of the ones that seemed uninteresting. I am only running the three: DiscordActionBars, DiscordActionBarsOptions, and DiscordLibrary. But I seem to be experiencing bugs...
When I chose "hide main menu bar art" my XP bar completely disappeared. Even with "let DAB control XP bar" selected it doesn't come back.
Also when I change hotkeys within the DAB menu the changes don't seem to be saved; if I close the menu and open it the assigned keys become blank.
Finally, I can't seem to assign hotkeys to my pet's actions.
So for all of these issues I hope someone more experienced can give some advice. Thanks!

Assign your hotkeys via the regular Key Bindings in the escape menu. Scroll down and you'll find that discord action bars has its own tab where you can assign keys. I am assuming you are trying to change them within the /dab menu based on your description. I don't know where to assign pet hotkeys as I never set DAB up for a pet user.. If I check both Hide main menu bar art and Let Dab control XP bar, it shows me the XP bar only... Maybe we have different versions? I personally use discord unit frames for my xp bar... Discord is buggy, so you have to spend some time learning yourself what works and what does not. Make backups frequently if you are afraid of losing your progress, as things might bug out and prove hard to restore to normal without deleting your relevant wtf-folder files. I remember having to load it up fresh several times because it bugged out so hard when I started playing around with it

Thanks man! Turns out just disabling the discord action bar mods then re-enabling them fixed the XP bar thing. And I found I can allocate more memory for addons in the addon options panel at the character selection screen. Finally I found a post by the author of the mod saying it can't configure the pet bar hotkeys right now, and it seems this version of WOW doesn't allow customization of those hotkeys out-of-the-box.

I think you can assign pet hotkeys using the Secondary Action Button 1-10 in the regular Key Bindings while also using discord action bars, but I could be wrong

Top Bottom