• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Need help instaling

eircom

Hi i have downloaded the torrent of the client, the site says to install twinstarcz-vanilla-112-install.part1.exe.
I cant find that file anywhere, please i need help. its prob something stupid im doing but i down know what :p

Hi i have downloaded the torrent of the client, the site says to install twinstarcz-vanilla-112-install.part1.exe.
I cant find that file anywhere, please i need help. its prob something stupid im doing but i down know what :p

If you downloaded the torrent, all you have to do is unpack the file and you have the complete client. The file name is WoW_Vanilla

Edit: On another note, it seems the "how to connect" page could use some rewriting/simplifying since it seems like an awful lot of people are misunderstanding it.

Last edited:
But i cant open the some files thay are trying to open with chrome and im not 100% sure why :( (im sorry for sounding like an ****t) like what do i try open them with?
http://puu.sh/gIHNc/410d7720ff.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

when i try to to launch the launcher is is saying it is on a win.32 file http://puu.sh/gII0H/d3f589549d.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

like this http://puu.sh/gII0H/d3f589549d.jpg

To me it seems like some files are either corrupt or missing. Are you sure you downloaded the torrent, and not just part 1 of the 3 part non-torrent option? If you have the torrent option, try unpacking the zip/rar file again.

Edit: Ignore the chrome file, that is just a log file.

Last edited:
i downloaded the full torrent 2 times to make sure and unpacked it into a separate folder but no luck :( i really downt want to downlaod the 3 files as it it only took me 10 min to download the torrent 5.09gb, and on the 3 files is limated to 100kbs

I just saw the How to connect page... It's retarded :lol:
In oder to play on Kronos you need to follow these simple steps.
1) Just one of the options:
a) Download these 3 files:
Kronos WoW Part 1, Kronos WoW Part 2, Kronos WoW Part 3
b) Download this torrent:
WoW_Vanilla.torrent
2) Install the file twinstarcz-vanilla-112-install.part1.exe, choose the directory where you want to have the Vanilla version of the game installed and click on OK. Then the whole game will unpack in your folder, completely patched and almost ready to be played.
3) In your World of Warcraft folder open the file “realmlist.wtf” replace any existing entry with “set realmlist wow.twinstar.cz”, save and exit. You should be able to connect to Kronos now.
4) The Kronos Team wishes you a lot of fun

I suggest to rewrite it to this:

moved to http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/93665-Change-the-How-to-connect-page?p=732494#post732494

Last edited:
i downloaded the full torrent 2 times to make sure and unpacked it into a separate folder but no luck :( i really downt want to downlaod the 3 files as it it only took me 10 min to download the torrent 5.09gb, and on the 3 files is limated to 100kbs

Hm well your file size is correct. What program are you using to unpack the file?

Edit: And yeah Aieris, if it's not changed the forum is gonna fill up with similar posts in a week.

Last edited:
I tryed reinstalling it and i changed the relmlist and its still not working when i try lauch it (normally or as an admistrator) is just says that its not a valad win.32 app
http://puu.sh/gIJ8C/6873ffdcd0.jpg

im stumped and i dont know what to do :crying:

It's strange because torrent works for most people. Have you tryed to run wow.exe as admin?

Edit: Please, upload image with sizes of the files.

Well that error (not a valid Win32 application) does mean that files are corrupt or missing. So all I can advise is to remove the files you have and DL the torrent again. If the same thing happens, try the 3 part option, even though it's gonna take a while since it's speed limited.

well, while he downloaded .rar file, i guess that this corruption happened during extraction. But i would like to see the extended image showing files sizes before giving any advice.

Edit: damn, he already done it.. i'm noob :D

Well, then i suggest to open that .rar file and see if these files have size 0kb as they have in your extracted folder. Then you will know if it's problem in download or in extraction.

Last edited:
ok i got it working cause i used win.rar to do it but now when i try login it says disconected from server

Also remember that you have to verify the account via email confirmation and your password can be max 16 characters and remember to change the realmlist as it says in the "how to connect" page.

What was the mistype? Im having the same problem, the realms apear, i connect to Kronos, but when i insert my user and pass i get "Disconected from server".

What was the mistype? Im having the same problem, the realms apear, i connect to Kronos, but when i insert my user and pass i get "Disconected from server".

The server is not released yet. Opens 5pm CET. ~ 4.5 hours

on a sidenote: Use wow.exe and not launcher.exe :) launcher.exe can bugout and/or start downloading new blizzard updates all the way to WoD. (at least i heard it can be like this. havent tried and wont try it myself so cant confirm if this is 100% true)

Top Bottom