• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Nefarian DOWN! - SERVER FIRST!

Cision

Gratz to Synced that got server first on Nefarian (and all the bosses)!

Who will be the second guild?

Last edited:
[video=youtube;hSTivVclQQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTivVclQQ0[/video]

Hi,

thank you very much for the participation and interest of our progress from all sides (including whispers^^). We had long nights preparing us for this run today. We are very happy and enjoyed it a lot.

We wish everybody happy raiding, challenging encounters and good loot!
Special thanks to the Guild <Vanguard> pushing us and beeing a big challenge.

Greetings

Last edited:
Thx for the shout-out Cision.

But Kruto! you spelled our guild name wrong, didn't you!!!! ;)

cheers!

Grats. Sell us sand and we'll be second!

We had 58 Sands when we arrived @ Chromaggus.
Now after it's all done, we still have 49 Sands left :D
/edit: oh well, we cleared the last Goblin Pack after nefarian that we skipped earlier on, they probably gave us up to 10 sands back i don't remember.

We barely even made use of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had 58 Sands when we arrived @ Chromaggus.
Now after it's all done, we still have 49 Sands left :D
/edit: oh well, we cleared the last Goblin Pack after nefarian that we skipped earlier on, they probably gave us up to 10 sands back i don't remember.

We barely even made use of them.

"Chromaggus debuff applications were so often that our healers/dispellers ran out of sand at 50% of his HP and could just stand helplessly in stunlock while raid members were turning into dragonkin."

You two guilds did the same boss right? :biggrin:

+ we brought the setup that we knew would be required. Bringing 20 melee players but not enough healers/dispellers .... then you don't have to wonder.

guilds should try how it looks with more healers/dispellers. those famous "Molten Core Speedrun- Setups" just don't work here, you should have been aware of that.

You two guilds did the same boss right?
biggrin.gif
we told our healers to not use any sands before the enrage, and the enrage phase was over rather quick.
so yeah .... i don't like to say it, but it's more about tactics (and preparation) than anything else.

Chromaggus is not unkillable. But i see that it's even harder for horde guilds, especially if they don't bring a largehealing setup.

Last edited:
+ we brought the setup that we knew would be required. Bringing 20 melee players but not enough healers/dispellers .... then you don't have to wonder.

You had 12 healers on Chromaggus and we had 13. Stop randomly bashing without arguments.

Congratz! I'm impressed by the level of preparation. Looking forward to AQ/Naxx! (I know it's a stretch but... one can hope) :biggrin:

guilds should try how it looks with more healers/dispellers. those famous "Molten Core Speedrun- Setups" just don't work here, you should have been aware of that.

Hehe, I'll give you a thumbs up for the preparation, but porting in 3 alt paladins to dispel was a bit more than I expected. 15 healers capable of dispelling not counting mages, well you played our hand correctly.

We (Agony) went in potted to the teeth and chaining resto-pots but fell behind each attempt. But we have a very limited roster to choose from, so we kinda had to go with it. I think we maybe got to 35-40% before sand-issues and some mistakes here and there caused wipes.

Still feels extremely harsh on horde though, we are in the position where we probably need to level up alt priests and rotate them in.

Hehe, I'll give you a thumbs up for the preparation, but porting in 3 alt paladins to dispel was a bit more than I expected.

yeah had we not done that, we probably would not have killed Chrom either. We were also very limited roster wise, we had 41 people available in total. We were lucky that we were able to create a quite perfect raid setup with this small amount of ppl to choose from.

So yeah, Chrom is the cockblocker here. Nefarian will feel like a little Whelp compared to that :)

Gratulation on the clear, still no one else to join your ranks yet! :)
Just wanted to add to the Chrom discussion that we killed him without using sand due to it being a trial attempt to get the timings right.
So its quite possible to bring him down, just have your focus on dispelling and controlled killing instead of zerging him down (took us 8 mins without world buffs and stuff to kill him :X)
And with the rest of bwl being post nerfs easy it brings some more of a challenge as it should be (still remember progress wiping through the content for 5/7 days per week back then when it was first released in 1.6..).
Good luck everyone else on him, dont let that doggy discourage you!

Ye, we did also bring it down without to use to many sands, we had it on healers if i remember correct.

Top Bottom