• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New deadline?

ra2z

Could we please have a ETA on when the server may be ready for release?

Yes please.

I don't even know what to tell people now when they ask when its going to go live.
Thats not good marketing.

If I'm not mistaken, Kronoez already stated that they'll most probably give us a new deadline after tomorrow Twinstar meeting.

Hopefully, just like Rerun wrote - this really doesn't show much interest into the community, announcing something just once all 2 months... :no:

If I'm not mistaken, Kronoez already stated that they'll most probably give us a new deadline after tomorrow Twinstar meeting.
Thats true they would have a meeting. Is that tomorrow?
If so, we should have news about the release tomorrow.

Hopefully, just like Rerun wrote - this really doesn't show much interest into the community, announcing something just once all 2 months... :no:
:no:

well first of all, i gotta say that your interpretations about things we write here are pretty 'wild' to say the least :shifty:.

this is what we stated on the last news a week ago: '..., there will be a meeting with members of the other TwinStar projects as well as the TwinStar administration in the upcoming week to organize and ensure a proper launch for Kronos. From this meeting, we expect positive results that will help us on the final steps towards release and we will, of course, inform you about the outcomes.' - zarquon

it nowhere states that we will give you a release date after that meeting, just an update on how it's moving on. And you will get that update within the next days.

We have to watch our own development progress and when we've done the things we have left on our 'to do before launch list', then we will be able to tell the final release date.
As you've seen yourself, our development progress was not as fast as we wanted it to be which made us postpone the 2014 release. But things are looking better now. More on this, as promised, with the next news post.

Other than that, instead of changing the ETA every week/month, we decided to just keep progressing as fast as possible and then be able to give you one last date, which will be the final and secured launch date. That time is not now, but hopefully it will be by the beginning of the next year.

In general, we don't like to make promises we can't keep. We could just decide for a release date and release the server in 'unpolished' state, but that is not what we want. If we had done that, it would have been just another server like all others in the past, that launch before being rdy for it.

Yes, Kronos is already in better shape than probably all other current servers, but that's not where our ambition ends, you know. We wanna have things polished, we want you to go questing and enjoy all quests that are usually bugged on most other servers and we want you to enjoy the dungeons in their full glory, including the special events that occur in some of them.
We don't want to get there at 'some point' after the server has been released for a long time. We want to have that at the START ! No server has ever done that, we want to be the first. Small imperfections and bugs may always be there, but overall, it should be an almost flawless experience. That is what we're aiming for, but we need a little more time.

Most of you probably know about another project that has been hyped for years already, but they are still not able to give the final ETA, because the date is not the relevant factor, it's the quality of the server that's relevant. This is why we can't give you an ETA at this point either. It won't take too much longer i'd suppose, but we need just a little more time to tell.

...we want you to go questing and enjoy all quests that are usually bugged on most other servers and we want you to enjoy the dungeons in their full glory, including the special events that occur in some of them.

Awwww yyyeeeaaaa!

Well.....until start Vanilla i go on TBC server to spend some time :biggrin:

Thanks for the response! Even if most of your responses sound very similar lately ;) (which is understandable because most of the questions are repeated over and over here) good to see though!

Top Bottom