• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New member with some questions.

Mcduff

First of all hello to the community. I am old school wow player who heard of Kronos couple of days ago. After seeing how good the scripts are on other twin star projects on youtube i have no doubts this will be THE best private vanilla server.
My only concern about this project is the population, however i don't want to play on half empty server.
I have no problem with x1 rates, actually i love it. Ok so here are my questions : Kronos server already existed a year ago, based on some videos i saw only CZ/SK language on global and i heard it was a wasteland, why it got shut down? due to lack of population , poor scripts, or ddos? I just don't want to begin on a server which doesn't have decent population which will in sooner future from release reach let's say 2k+ peak times, is it even possible?

Best regards, don't rage for my ignorance.

Wait, seriously, u think some1 can actualy answer that question??? Then answer one for me - what will be my wifes name after 20years?

the population will be 2000+ in the first month, everything speaks for this server, no doubts, heaven is already here, we are all saved, just gotta practice patience and tell eveyrone else of this.

lol, u cant be sure of that, 2000+ in first month is unreal i think, but it will be enough populated, thats for sure.

well at the current moment the leading vanilla server is ED, when you play on it for a few months you will realize the countless issues it hasnt fixed anything real for a long time now, aside from that they are plagued by ddos and much more so there is no doubt the majority of those will move over here.

aside from that it can easily handle over 2k players at peak hours, ED had a cap as 2k where it starts to que players, Kronos is able to handle way over 6000 since there is no cap. they have a better ddos protection so there is no worry there either + they got their own wowhead, armory and even their own bug reporting setup which can be found on twinhead their wowhead, where you can see all reported and all fixed bugs.

there is no CZ/SK on the forums and the advertisement is all in english and the global/world chat is in english, aside from that can.

aside from all these facts, they add a new video with the best fixes every week to increase advertisement.

they also aim for quality + blizzlike feel so everything is as it should be,for example most servers overlook damage coefficient's i atleast know from testing on them that both ED and Rebirth use dmg coefficients from tbc and not 1.12.1 since in 1.12.1 abilities couldnt benefit more than max 100% from spell power, an example would be that on ED Drain Soul scales 193%, on Kronos it scales 100% as it should.

there's a long list of facts that makes Kronos superior so i wouldn't worry about population since people will move to where they can experience the best blizzlike feeling of vanilla with the least amount of bugs.

Welcome Mcduff !

Kronos, together with the whole Twinstar project, has undergone some significant changes over the last months/year.
A new, international Team with a new philosophy for Kronos has been formed and we now aim for an international audience. You have probably seen that we started to do some advertising (on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter) to throw our name in and getting recognized to a wide audience, something that hasn't been done like this for previous Kronos versions.

On Kronos, the only supported language is english, so you really find yourself in an international environment if you give it a chance. The info that it's czech only or something, is long overhauled.

The quality on Kronos has always been great, probably ahead of any other project, but this time we take it even further. If you want to play the old WoW with proper quality and with much less bugs than you're used to see, this is the place to be.

There is a lot more to come in terms of advertising, but in the end, we cannot predict how many players we will have, because that's solely on all of you !

Welcome! New player here as well! (Within the last month) I as well am super excited for the server. This community seems to get a little bigger each week, and that's just the forums before it's opened. I can't imagine what it will be like at launch! Just pay it forward and sores the word however you can, and have faith the server will keep them here once you get then to log in! My brother who has never played a private server will be rolling with me at launch as well!

According to their facebook page the wotlk server hosted a maximum of 3,5k players at the same time. So you can expect that 2k for Kronos is not the highest possible.
I am confident that this server will get a more then stable community.
My guess goes at arround 1000+ in the first month.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies, i have no doubts this will be the best private vanilla server that ever existed, just keep your advertisment good, since i heard of this server on Corecraft forums so... I just want to say that Dalaran wow ( sorry for mentioning private server names, but i don't see a problem.. if it's forbiden please tell me) has a great scripts, probably not great as CC and Kronos are going to have but still... their scripts are excelent and their population is really low cause of bad advertising and wrong plans. So i just wanted to give you a heads up but i'm sure you will do your best. Thanks again.

Kronos staff dont haz police mind like feenix,atleast i think,just be gentle with dev coz they good guy,apart chero he nub

Lmao Dalaran Wow. Freshly compiled TrintiyCore sure has alot of great scripts.
You can't say this is the best vanilla server that ever existed without having played all the ones that has existed.
This project is following what Q-Gaming (Quality Gaming) was the first to do, which CoreCraft instantly picked up on, in terms of showcasing fixes and community involvement into decisions that affects where the server is heading.

Q-Gaming wasn't the first.
Archaica (czech server) and the first Kronos were also eager to provide an almost bug free environment long before Q-Gaming ever existed.
I can safely say that I played on almost all high quality realms so far and Kronos still sticks out. At least for me :)

After Kronos 2 closed its gates I tried out other projects again and was shocked about the fixes that I already took for granted here.
Take ingame lag and freeze for example. You won't ever notice this fix. Because it never happens :)
If you now play somewhere else again and start lagging out, you will know what you are missing.

I just want to say that Dalaran wow ( sorry for mentioning private server names, but i don't see a problem.. if it's forbiden please tell me) has a great scripts, probably not great as CC and Kronos

Just try Twinstar wotlk and you'll see, that Dalaran wow developed something, that already exist for a long time :smile: Sadly, community there is mainly cz/sk :sad:

Edit: Now reading Lharts comment - Archaica was in some things superior to the Kronos and existed 2 years before Kronos started. Sadly, they failed at advertising, like many other projects. They just thought, that good scripting will bring them players, because it'S good. It's not true, you need to show all the good stuff at places that are simply accesable for majority. And that's what Kronos staff is doing now so i belevie, that it will be success.

Last edited:
Q-Gaming wasn't the first.
Archaica (czech server) and the first Kronos were also eager to provide an almost bug free environment long before Q-Gaming ever existed.
I can safely say that I played on almost all high quality realms so far and Kronos still sticks out. At least for me :)

What he means is showcasing fixes on youtube, the whole viral marketeing thingy. Which indeed didn't really happen before qgaming and created the hype in the first place.

Top Bottom