• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

No AV in 3 weeks

deara91

Since the change with AV.

Has there been a single AV on the server for 3 weeks? I havent seen a single so far.

who would play wsg if there was no honor incentive tho? lol

Me, and everyone else that likes to pvp (for fun).

giphy.gif

AV is like a dungeon without loot, no fun to be had, unless you mid farm.

Most people go anywhere there is honor. And its better that that place is WSG than AV for 1 simple reason, in WSG you dont get mass honor for losing.

I guess anyone that wants to play a team based capture the flag -style pvp battleground in this game.
WSG happens to be the best battleground in world of warcraft (AB is fun too if its 2 good teams against each other, with pugs its AFK on nodes all day).

I'm sure all the "pvp for fun fuck premades" -people would also play WSG if there was no honor incentive :^)

Plenty of AVs on AV weekend. Meanwhile BG's that don't include NPC's and feature actual PvP are the focus of ranking up.

Working as intended

AB is way more "team based pvp" than wsg is. wsg is about stealing ones fcking flag.
in pretty much any other game, ctf modes have always been played by minorities

tho i wonder where the ppl that like team based pvp are. all i see in wsg are premades dodging each other to avoid pvp

Last edited:
People who like team based pvp don't play vanilla. People who like ranking on the other hand...

Plenty of AVs on AV weekend. Meanwhile BG's that don't include NPC's and feature actual PvP are the focus of ranking up.

Working as intended

But when it's not AV weekend, there's no AV. In retail Vanilla WoW, there was always an AV going on, regardless of which BG weekend it was. How is that working as intended?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

The people who "play pvp for fun and not for honor" are forgetting something. If you want to be good at pvp, you need good gear. How do you get good gear? By getting honor to buy pvp gear.

Unless you want to get steamrolled for weeks on end until you finally scrape up enough honor to pvp. Or you go pve raiding to get decent gear so you can pvp - completely backwards if you ask me.

Hence why pvp is the way it is right now, with people only queuing for BGs that give more honor.

The people who "play pvp for fun and not for honor" are forgetting something. If you want to be good at pvp, you need good gear. How do you get good gear? By getting honor to buy pvp gear.

Unless you want to get steamrolled for weeks on end until you finally scrape up enough honor to pvp. Or you go pve raiding to get decent gear so you can pvp - completely backwards if you ask me.

Hence why pvp is the way it is right now, with people only queuing for BGs that give more honor.

You don't buy pvp gear with "honor", this system was added in 2.0.1 - we're on patch 1.12.1 here; you buy pvp gear with gold once you reach the required standing.
And considering the PVP vendors don't actually give you OFFSET items that could be considered decent, ofc you will have to pve (whether its dungeons or raids) to have an optimal setup, this is the way vanilla worked.

And you don't need good gear to be GOOD at pvp, you need good/decent gear to have a better chance of beating an opponent with superior gear.

Top Bottom