• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

No More Arguing.

BlankKairos

Arguing about rates and multiboxing ect is pointless. We are all complaining about population. But if you don't play because you "Think" There won't be a high population. You alone are stopping the growth of the server. Not anyone else. So let's all agree to disagree and move on. The server will be 1x rates and will most likely not allow multiboxing get over it. But don't talk about population. It deters new players and if we all play everything will be fine.

"You alone are stopping the growth of the server. Not anyone else. So let's all agree to disagree and move on."

I'd say most people will play here initially even with 1x rates, the real issue is how much attrition the playerbase will have as it moves into the higher levels, and afterwards, how many players the server is able to attract that will hit 60.

That being said, I'd feel way more comfortable with the long term prospects of the server's population if it was 2x xp, or had an increased dungeon xp rate. Vanilla leveling is extremely tedious without the joana's guide addon, and you'd be surprised how few people actually use it and just say "fuck it" because grinding turtles for 3 levels is unappealing.

No multiboxing? Then i demand 50 gold respec cap!!! :p

One thing devs should think about doing is vote points for free respecs or capping the respec cost at 10g. Respec costs kill pvp in mid-stage servers.

Last edited:
"You alone are stopping the growth of the server. Not anyone else. So let's all agree to disagree and move on."

I'd say most people will play here initially even with 1x rates, the real issue is how much attrition the playerbase will have as it moves into the higher levels, and afterwards, how many players the server is able to attract that will hit 60.

That being said, I'd feel way more comfortable with the long term prospects of the server's population if it was 2x xp, or had an increased dungeon xp rate. Vanilla leveling is extremely tedious without the joana's guide addon, and you'd be surprised how few people actually use it and just say "fuck it" because grinding turtles for 3 levels is unappealing.

One thing devs should think about doing is vote points for free respecs or capping the respec cost at 10g. Respec costs kill pvp in mid-stage servers.

Respec is capped at 10g o_O

That being said, I'd feel way more comfortable with the long term prospects of the server's population if it was 2x xp, or had an increased dungeon xp rate.

I agree with this completely. For anyone that has been around the Private Server community for at least a couple of years, it should come as no surprise that the population being too low is a very real fear. One that should be carefully addressed.

Expanding on what bangtrainusa said; With a very well know x1 server already out, another one to be released around the same time as this one (Which will probably lock both of these into a rivalry), and the first mentioned one hogging all of the spot light it certainly adds up to one ugly scenario when you start thinking about it statistically. With the before-mentioned, factor in every reason a person might have to quit before even getting to 60, which is where the majority of the appeal is, now to that add all the people who will refuse to start playing because x1 is unappealing - and what you're left with is a small, very dedicated, but small and decaying amount of active people. Perhaps the gain will the higher then the decay? Indeed, perhaps. But if a gamble is taken either way, why not gamble on something with a higher chance of winning?

You can't make everyone happy - this is true. But you can reduce the amount of unhappy people while at the same time broadening the group you cater to, and that should be a goal, especially for something that took this much preparation, work, sleepless hours, thought and perhaps financial investment. Not making a small sacrifice for a greater gain is playing in to some sort of twisted sense of misplaced self-righteousness, not to offend anyone. Or it's taking a calculated risk, but either way, there can hardly be any harm in discussing it. :biggrin:

Nim

Last edited:
Top Bottom