• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

North American Perspective?

muted

So I have actually spent a good bit of time here and on reddit reading about vanilla private servers. Reading regularly about the Nos vs Kronos debate but I find the conversation is noticeably region neutral or hard to discern.

As an EST player, I am eager to hear from other NA players on how it feels to essentially be playing on an EU server with a very low population during NA times.

A few major touch points

1) What is raiding like? Are their any real progression guilds? Allaince / Horde? any pugs?
2) PVP Honor ranking - is it going to be impossible to reach higher PVP ranks for a NA player given you are forced to play well off server prime time? Essentially having to compete with EU players/guilds that can get the games needed to climb the ranks? Has any player who plays the 5-12 type EST time frame had any ranking success?
3) How will server events work out for a NA player, for example the opening of AQ, is it assumed that will all happen during EU times?

I have spent a bit of time playing on both servers and I dont wish to rehash most of the usual and obvious differences between the servers. For me I don't like the high pop of nos and some of their philosophy, however its not so severe to not spark a debate for me on where to settle. I like Kronos but I fear the long term investment vs the NA experience.

help appreciated!

Currently im playing a lot during the eu night , I notice horde still queu for bg most of night so if you really get the high ranking the best thing u can do is find 4 more player and play togher , in this way bg will pop all time.

Cleary roll alliance

1. Horde and Alliance have major NA raiding guilds that have cleared MC and Ony. I don't know about Alliance but there is a guild on Horde just starting that was running pug MC the other day. It won't be long before ZG and AQ20 will be open for smaller groups.

3. AQ opens when the players open it. If a NA guild does it it opens on their time.

Cleary roll alliance

Why do you say that?

I was leaning towards horde as that's what I played for years - although in beta/launch I was alliance changing to horde sometime after BWL - so its quite tempting to try alliance too

Why do you say that?

I was leaning towards horde as that's what I played for years - although in beta/launch I was alliance changing to horde sometime after BWL - so its quite tempting to try alliance too
I think he meant specifically for PVP, since Horde keeps complaining that we don't do enough BGs.

So I have actually spent a good bit of time here and on reddit reading about vanilla private servers. Reading regularly about the Nos vs Kronos debate but I find the conversation is noticeably region neutral or hard to discern.

As an EST player, I am eager to hear from other NA players on how it feels to essentially be playing on an EU server with a very low population during NA times.

A few major touch points

1) What is raiding like? Are their any real progression guilds? Allaince / Horde? any pugs?
2) PVP Honor ranking - is it going to be impossible to reach higher PVP ranks for a NA player given you are forced to play well off server prime time? Essentially having to compete with EU players/guilds that can get the games needed to climb the ranks? Has any player who plays the 5-12 type EST time frame had any ranking success?
3) How will server events work out for a NA player, for example the opening of AQ, is it assumed that will all happen during EU times?

I have spent a bit of time playing on both servers and I dont wish to rehash most of the usual and obvious differences between the servers. For me I don't like the high pop of nos and some of their philosophy, however its not so severe to not spark a debate for me on where to settle. I like Kronos but I fear the long term investment vs the NA experience.

help appreciated!

I mainly play horde, I live in georgia so I also play on US EAST time. It's pretty quiet for the most part. Good point to that is, you're not really bothered while questing or farming and what not.
Downside to that, dungeons are few and far between.
If I were going to play alliance, I think I would shoot to be in the guild CORAL, as I believe they are a na raiding guild and I have had some good encounters with their guildies. As for horde, it looks like onslaught and padagrim are the NA raid guilds. I did see a MC pug spam last night while playing, not sure if it followed through or not.

Why do you say that?

istant queu time at lv60 is a big plus if you want to seriously rank up, and horde have more pvpers atm

Truthfully, the server is quite sleepy around 00:00 EST but around 17:00 EST and a bit later there is lots to do. Both horde and ally have raiding guilds with NA friendly times.

Why do you say that?

If you want instant queues then I'd suggest rolling Alliance. At the moment there is a bit of an imbalance and the Horde are complaining.

Also it seems like in pugs people are complaining that there are too many warriors and rogues. Alliance needs mages, hunters and warlocks.

Just suggestions though. It's ultimately up to you and your preference of course.

EST is alot more forgiving. around 9pm server time (so far 4pm EST) is peak hours...so best time EU and NA population together, which is around 1.2k-1.5k. I just did 5 30-39 WSG BGs last night and I see 10-19 popping all the time.

As stated before if doing BGs is your thing, and you don't mind what faction, roll alliance, the horde seem ready to do any bracket all the time. Alliance seems to be the ones that have trouble queuing up.

If you want instant queues then I'd suggest rolling Alliance. At the moment there is a bit of an imbalance and the Horde are complaining.
Also it seems like in pugs people are complaining that there are too many warriors and rogues. Alliance needs mages, hunters and warlocks.

Just suggestions though. It's ultimately up to you and your preference of course.

There is not really an imbalance...there is a good 50-50 balance horde and alliance...the imbalance is that Alliance players are more PvE orientated and Horde are more PvP orientated

Last edited:
Spent 3 hours on Nos, 3 hours on Kronos last night - the difference in community is astounding but I pretty much never grouped and rarely saw anyone on Kronos - so I am just going off general chat. The fact my ping was about a 1/3 of what it was on Nos pretty much cemented it.

I rolled an undead rogue - so I guess the exact opposite of what the server needs :biggrin:

Really appreciate everyone's feedback - especially those pertaining to population details around the servers peak

I mainly play horde, I live in georgia so I also play on US EAST time. It's pretty quiet for the most part. Good point to that is, you're not really bothered while questing or farming and what not.
Downside to that, dungeons are few and far between.
If I were going to play alliance, I think I would shoot to be in the guild CORAL, as I believe they are a na raiding guild and I have had some good encounters with their guildies. As for horde, it looks like onslaught and padagrim are the NA raid guilds. I did see a MC pug spam last night while playing, not sure if it followed through or not.

More CORAL means more riffraff for ONSLAUGHT to route out of Silithus. <3<3<3

Spent 3 hours on Nos, 3 hours on Kronos last night - the difference in community is astounding but I pretty much never grouped and rarely saw anyone on Kronos - so I am just going off general chat. The fact my ping was about a 1/3 of what it was on Nos pretty much cemented it.

I rolled an undead rogue - so I guess the exact opposite of what the server needs :biggrin:

Really appreciate everyone's feedback - especially those pertaining to population details around the servers peak

Kronos has *enough* of a community to make the server work. You might have to work to get a group but the groups and interaction is there if you are willing ot seek it out. Honestly almost all the group advertisements I saw today were looking for DPS or tanks. There's a lot of healers out there putting groups together. 10 years later a lot of people roll Priests and Druids with the expectation it's a "get into raid free" card. And a lot of us are just older and want to chill out without having to worry about twitch and rotation gameplay.

Top Bottom